The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Missing GSP Clay Center KS (Milford wetlands wildlife area)

Default Missing GSP Clay Center KS FOUND

Cross post

Missing GSP- repost

My name is Jon I am new to the forums but I have been a follower for a while. My friend Curt took our GSP to Kansas on Monday and hunted all day around Clay Center KS (Milford wetlands wildlife area) on the west side of Milford Lake between 11th and 12th rd. "Bullitt" our Gsp got spooked around dark and would not load up in the truck for some reason and ran away from the group. At about 9pm they decided to find a local hotel and return to the area at first light, they also left a carpet from the dog box and a shirt. When the guys returned to the area the next morning he was nowhere to be found, they then chose to hunt the same area all day tuesday but didnt have any luck spotting my dog. This dog actually belongs to my 14yr old son who right now is needless to say devastated! I am kicking myself right now for letting our young dog go hunting without me but I thought it best for him to make the trip to find some wild birds. Bullitt unfortunately is not chipped and had no id collar on when he ran off. If anyone has any info or any people that they can contact in the area for us it would be much appreciated, I want to have a happy Christmas and not a sad one! Thanks to everyone especially Hunter for all that has been done already. Curt and I have contacted many people already including the regional game office, landowners, farmers, and locals in town including the radio station. A reward will be paid for his safe return. Bullitt is liver roan patched and ticked with a solid liver head, I will upload a pic tomorrow, Jon 423-421-2751
    Last edited by PamK; 12-15-2012 at 05:39 PM. Reason: found
    All success belongs to the dog, all failure to the trainer.

He needs to post this on face book so he can get vounteers to help look ,https://www.facebook.com/groups/4230...ogsLostOrFound he can also post at all the humane society and animal control they all have facebook pages where he can place a lost ad and picture even at www.facebook.com/findingbelladog and www.craigslist.com under lost found and pets. also hang flyers everywhere in the area. Put them in mailboxes gas stations everywhere. The refuge forums is also a great resource you can place ads under the state he was lost. When he finds this dog and I pray he does buy a gps collar and make sure he is micro chipped.( Let the game warden & refuge mgr know .
    Last edited by gmhr1; 12-14-2012 at 02:53 PM.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

Good luck man.I have been guilty in the past of letting my buddy hunt mine just to get birds also.
    FC AFC Slider/Junie

Sounds like you have done a good job of getting the word out? Did you post on craigslist? if so under what city I wasnt able to find it?
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

Update

Bullit was recovered today within a mile of where he was lost at the Milford WMA in central Kansas. When he went missing, posts on Facebook and Gundog Forum were cross posted and went viral. Jon received a call yesterday that Bullit had been spotted and this morning 8 bird dog owners should up to look to look for Bullit.

Wary of the people looking for him,v Bullit kept being spotted at a distance, but he would not come to anyone. After the first call confirming Bullit's location, Jon started for Kansas, and a little after 3 o'clock, he received word that Bullit was hanging out at a distance with the other dogs that were staked out at the parking area and about a have hour later and some coaxing with some deer sausage, Bullit was safely recovered.

Thanks to all who spread the word, especially to all of those who altered their weekend plans, for their efforts in getting Bullit back home.
    All success belongs to the dog, all failure to the trainer.

Awesome news!
    Steph

Brittany - Border Collie/Springer Spaniel CGC
    Meka- Basset/Aussie
    Zoe's Taller N Me - Zoe Irish Wolfhound 9/04/2004 - 11/20/2013 I love you Big Girl!
    Ember Raise The Bar CGC - Corona (a fluffy)
    Embers Aint Misbehavin - Flirt (Corona's mini me)

A good friend helps you up when you fall. A best friend pees their pants laughing and trips you again!

Thank Goodness!

Wonderful , now the BC "Justen"...
    Choctaw's Piscataquis Sebec UD MH CGC WCX ***
    UCDX HR SR Sand Dancer's XX MTB Ranger UDT, MH, WCX **
    HR SR Scarlett's Andi O'Malley CD SH OA NAJ CGC (OAJ-2 Placements) 9/16/1995-3/31/2011