The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Shooting at Elementary School in Connecticuit

I too am in tears yet want to scream, but I am truly speechless. I'm having trouble believing this is true...I am heart broken.

I'm just in shock. I honestly cannot believe that this happened in Newtown,CT. Stuff like this jsut doesn't happen around there. I grew up in the area.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

went with Dana to her daughter's school to have lunch,Ashley is in kindergarden...we are just numb to the point that we didn't want to even talk about the situation...

HUG YOUR KIDS TONIGHT,NO MATTER WHAT THEIR AGE......say a Prayer for all the kids and their family's
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Very sad day indeed! Brings tears to my eyes to think of the little innocent children in that classroom. It then turns my stomach and makes me want to puke. Then it turns to anger at the person that could do such a thing and our society that is creating such monsters!

I have had my carry permit for a long time but got away from carrying on a daily basis. Started back again a couple weeks ago and will continue.
    CPR HRCH Scott's Sweet Brandy
    Kankakee River HRC
    NRA Life Member
    Pheasants Forever
    Delta Waterfowl

Going to get mine next week

Apparently the whackjob killed someone at home and his mom was a victim as well. Unbelievable...

/Paul
    Paul Cantrell
    Black Ice Retrievers
    Marcola OR

Too many dogs to list (By some Bitch)

https://www.facebook.com/BlackIceRetrievers
    http://gundog2002.blogspot.com/
    "Helping Hunters Train Their Dogs"

This is unexplainable. "You can't make sense out of nonsense.", so stop trying. 4 & 5 year old kids killed because of somebody who had a family issue. Sorry b#stard doesn't do it justice. I feel terrible for the families & friends of them who were stripped of innocence & their pride & joy. I can't begin to imagine.

Guns don't kill people. It's a technical impossibility. When you take guns away from the innocent, you're basically condemning them to certain failure.

Maybe we can get people off of welfare by creating security jobs @ schools & public places. Just a quick fix that makes too much sense & will never come to fruition.

I am not blameing anybody. But i deliver to the green bay public schools every day . A ll staff and vendors have cards for the card readers. the parents and vistors have a push button entercom with a camera to see if they are allowed to come in.

If this basturd was dressed like he was i can not believe he was let in. This might be to soon to talk about but i have to get it off my chest

Unbelievable. Don't know what to say. I am so sad. Prayers out to all!!!!
    HRCH Scaupgetters Tarnation QAA
    http://www.huntinglabpedigree.com/pedigree.asp?id=83047
    HR Blackie 2 CGN, WCI
    Metras's Hashtag Mickey
    http://www.huntinglabpedigree.com/pedigree.asp?id=83051

"Knowing how important right timing is in accomplishing right actions"
    Uncle Ray

The news has corrected themselves. He (younger brother) killed his mother at home and then drove to the school and started shooting. His older brother is at his house in NJ as is the father. Mixed reporting on whether they live together. Older brother reports the younger brother had some mental problems. What is not reported yet is a definitive answer on the guy in the field that was removed in handcuffs. Guesses range from 1) he was just a by-stander that ran like heck to 2) he was connected to the shooter.

Shooting appears to be with hand-guns although the hue and cry has already started about "assault weapons".

We have got to accept the fact that mental illness occurs in the population a lot more often than the population of the hospitals and community centers would lead us to believe. We see lots of episodic and minor illnesses. They come and they go. However, we seem to feel that mental illness only comes on as a really obvious and overt act. By the time the overt act happens, it's often too late.
    Eric

WRC HR Lennoxlove's Run with Wolves JH, WCX ("Cheyenne") ... still so fondly remembered
    HRCh Struan's Devil's in De Tails SH, WCX ("Lucy")
    SR CH Struan's Flight of Fancy JH ("Muse")
    Struan's Master of the Hunt JH, WC ("Charlie")
    Struan's Just Plain Perfect ("Jane")
    Struan's Driving Us Crazy ("Daisy") ... the baby in charge