The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 138

Thread: Shooting at Elementary School in Connecticuit

  1. #41
    Member tuckerdutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    glendora, ca.
    Posts
    61

    Default

    Our society is sick and septic. these mass shootings are simply the visible pox on the surface. We've become a faithless self absorbed society which keeps producing these ahole 20 year olds who believe they have the right to kill because life didn't unfold the way they thought. I don't know what the answer is.

  2. #42
    Senior Member JDogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    MRGV New Mexico
    Posts
    3,150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dustin D View Post
    4 - Hunting and Self-Protection aren't the only reason to own guns nor should they be.
    Please elaborate. JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

  3. #43
    Senior Member MooseGooser's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    6,972

    Default

    And if you SNOPES the transcript of Mr Scott,, It prooved to me without doubt,,, that the so called Unbiased SNOPES guys do INDEED have an agenda,, just like everyone else!!

    I know what the man said,,, and I know for FACT the reason it was brushed under the carpet..
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet (Flinch)


    My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

  4. #44
    Senior Member Dustin D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Lake Charles, LA (Area)
    Posts
    1,777

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    Please elaborate. JD
    Sport Shooting. More ammo is sold to Sport Shooters than Hunters considering they shoot three times as much in a year.

  5. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Georgetown, MA
    Posts
    926

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    Please elaborate. JD

    How about because I want to?

  6. #46
    Senior Member MooseGooser's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    6,972

    Default

    Originally Posted by JDogger
    Please elaborate. JD




    Protection against Evil,, Oppression, and tiereny are the reason.......


    Not necessarily protection from your neighbor, or Kook on the street either...

    Gooser
    Last edited by MooseGooser; 12-14-2012 at 09:52 PM.
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet (Flinch)


    My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

  7. #47
    Senior Member HPL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Coastal Bend of Texas
    Posts
    2,474

    Default

    I am so sick of clearly disturbed people perpetrating these spectacular killings. I hate to say it, but my first thought was, "great, more ammo for the anti gun fanatics". Anyone here conversant with the gun laws in Ct? Is it a "may issue" or "must issue" state, or is CC banned entirely?
    Last edited by HPL; 12-15-2012 at 10:58 AM.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

    Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

    Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

    www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

  8. #48
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Georgetown, MA
    Posts
    926

    Default

    I don't know of the CT specifics, but the shooter was 20 years old. Fed law prohibits anyone under 21 from purchasing handguns. He reportedly used 2 handguns that belonged to his mother.

  9. #49
    Senior Member JDogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    MRGV New Mexico
    Posts
    3,150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dustin D View Post
    Sport Shooting. More ammo is sold to Sport Shooters than Hunters considering they shoot three times as much in a year.
    I'm not sure where you come up with your figures. Yes I buy and shoot more clay target ammo than I do hunting steel. I occasionally shoot some trap, skeet and three-stand and sporting clays. I shoot a 30-06 deer rifle, w/ scope. I zero it in once a year when I draw an elk or deer tag. I endevour to make one clean shot with a bolt action rifle. I do not need a semi to make a clean kill.
    Tell me, Dustin? Can you say PTSD?
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

  10. #50
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MooseGooser View Post
    And if you SNOPES the transcript of Mr Scott,, It prooved to me without doubt,,, that the so called Unbiased SNOPES guys do INDEED have an agenda,, just like everyone else!!

    I know what the man said,,, and I know for FACT the reason it was brushed under the carpet..
    With this tragedy of today, the last thing we need is someone spreading misinformation.

    Urban Legend, Fact Check and Snopes all report the same thing.

    Darrell Scott's speech was covered nationally by the Scripps Howard and Associated Press wire services, not to mention in daily newspapers across the U.S., such as the Denver Rocky Mountain News, the St. Paul Pioneer Press, the Washington Times, the Boston Globe, the Arizona Republic, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, the Chicago Sun-Times ... well, you get the idea.

    ....

    The parents of other victims testifying at the Sub-committee had much different opinions as to the reason for the murders including that this was more an issue about mental health then gun control. That many parents/ single parents are incapable of identifying or dealing with Personality Disorders such as Bipolar and other mental diseases affecting their teenagers.
    Last edited by Franco; 12-14-2012 at 10:25 PM.
    The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •