The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Shooting at Elementary School in Connecticuit

Quote Originally Posted by MooseGooser View Post
    My Browning .22lr auto rifle is considered to be an Assault weapon.

It has the capability of holding 11 rounds from the factory.
    1 in the Chamber ,,, 10 in the magazine.
    It will fire a round each time you pulll the trigger..

It also "breaks down" and Packs very nicely!
    It can go in a case that is smaller than a Pool cue case.

The design has been the same for decades.

They load through a hole in the stock..

Kids have "Plinked" with them for years.

Large capacity magazine regards:

Gooser
    The tube fed magazine is not detachable if it is the gun I am thinking about. Also most states do not consider any rimfire to be an assault weapon only centerfire. In addition the AWB was very specific in nature to the types of guns it banned. Also your 22 would have to have at least 2 of the following to be an assault weapon.
    (1) A folding or telescoping stock,
    (2) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon,
    (3) A bayonet mount,
    (4) A flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor, and
    (5) A grenade launcher
    And it also has to have a detachable magazine in addtion to 2 of the above 5.

The centerfire portion varies based on state, but it can be the dif between 2 and 3 ID rules.
    My Father,My Friend,My teacher,and now My Angel~ 04/21/1956-03/21/2011 You will always be missed. I hope to learn half of the stuff you knew.

~Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted~

Your gun is a baby compared to me!
    Are you sure? I notice a lot of this 'Age Throwing' around here, interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Glavich View Post
    The tube fed magazine is not detachable if it is the gun I am thinking about. Also most states do not consider any rimfire to be an assault weapon only centerfire. In addition the AWB was very specific in nature to the types of guns it banned. Also your 22 would have to have at least 2 of the following to be an assault weapon.
    (1) A folding or telescoping stock,
    (2) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon,
    (3) A bayonet mount,
    (4) A flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor, and
    (5) A grenade launcher
    And it also has to have a detachable magazine in addtion to 2 of the above 5.

The centerfire portion varies based on state, but it can be the dif between 2 and 3 ID rules.

Jason

Varies by state.

Here is Denver Colorado.

"State Restrictions on Magazines, Chemical Sprays and Stun Guns"
    High Capacity Magazine Banned or Restricted 11/23/12
    If state is not listed then higher capacity magazines are legal.
    California Large Capacity Magazines
    With limited exceptions, California law prohibits any person from manufacturing, importing into the state, keeping for sale, offering or exposing for sale, giving, or lending any large capacity magazine. Cal. Penal Code 12020(a)(2), (b). A "large capacity magazine" is defined as any ammunition feeding device with the capacity to accept more than ten rounds, but does not include any .22 caliber tube ammunition feeding device, any feeding device that has been permanently altered so that it cannot accommodate more than ten rounds, or any tubular magazine that is contained in a lever-action firearm. Section 12020(c)(25). California does not ban the possession of large capacity magazines.
    Upon a showing of good cause, the California Department of Justice may issue permits for the possession, transportation, or sale of large capacity ammunition magazines between a licensed California firearms dealer and an out-of-state customer. Section 12079(a). This requirement applies for only the out-of-state importation and exportation of large capacity ammunition magazines, including the transportation of such magazines as necessary to complete a transfer to or from an out of state source. See Cal. Code Regs. tit. 11, 978.40.
    Large capacity magazines may be manufactured for any federal, state, or local government or law enforcement agency, or for use by agency employees in the discharge of their official duties, whether on or off duty. Section 12020(b)(30). Large capacity magazines may also be purchased or loaned for the sole use as a motion picture, television or video prop. Section 12020(b)(31), (32)(A). Such magazines may also be resold to law enforcement agencies, government agencies, or the military, pursuant to applicable federal regulations. Section 12020(b)(32)(C).
    For additional large capacity ammunition magazine regulations, see Cal. Code Regs. tit. 11, 978.40-978.44.
    Colorado – City of Denver High Capacity Ammunition Magazines
    City of Denver Ordinances Sec. 38-130. - Assault weapons.
    a. All semiautomatic action, centerfire rifles with a detachable magazine with a capacity of twenty-one (21) or more rounds.
    b. All semiautomatic shotguns with a folding stock or a magazine capacity of more than six (6) rounds or both.

Specific magazine prohibited.
    It shall be unlawful to carry, store or otherwise possess a magazine which will hold or may be modified to hold twenty-one (21) or more rounds.

There is a provision in the law if you are a non resident of Denver traveling through the area you can not be charged with breaking this ordinances.

I CAN load more than 21 .22 shorts in my Browning, including the one in the chamber, with vary easy modification.
    I can also do this to the MAGAZINE of a Wichester model 1890 .22 pump.
    Notice the Law doesnt specify centerfire, caliber, action, ect It Specifically describes MAGAZINES.
    It doesnt define Magazine, weather it be tubular, detachable.
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

Jason

Varies by state.

Here is Denver Colorado.

"State Restrictions on Magazines, Chemical Sprays and Stun Guns"
    High Capacity Magazine Banned or Restricted 11/23/12
    If state is not listed then higher capacity magazines are legal.
    California Large Capacity Magazines
    With limited exceptions, California law prohibits any person from manufacturing, importing into the state, keeping for sale, offering or exposing for sale, giving, or lending any large capacity magazine. Cal. Penal Code 12020(a)(2), (b). A "large capacity magazine" is defined as any ammunition feeding device with the capacity to accept more than ten rounds, but does not include any .22 caliber tube ammunition feeding device, any feeding device that has been permanently altered so that it cannot accommodate more than ten rounds, or any tubular magazine that is contained in a lever-action firearm. Section 12020(c)(25). California does not ban the possession of large capacity magazines.
    Upon a showing of good cause, the California Department of Justice may issue permits for the possession, transportation, or sale of large capacity ammunition magazines between a licensed California firearms dealer and an out-of-state customer. Section 12079(a). This requirement applies for only the out-of-state importation and exportation of large capacity ammunition magazines, including the transportation of such magazines as necessary to complete a transfer to or from an out of state source. See Cal. Code Regs. tit. 11, 978.40.
    Large capacity magazines may be manufactured for any federal, state, or local government or law enforcement agency, or for use by agency employees in the discharge of their official duties, whether on or off duty. Section 12020(b)(30). Large capacity magazines may also be purchased or loaned for the sole use as a motion picture, television or video prop. Section 12020(b)(31), (32)(A). Such magazines may also be resold to law enforcement agencies, government agencies, or the military, pursuant to applicable federal regulations. Section 12020(b)(32)(C).
    For additional large capacity ammunition magazine regulations, see Cal. Code Regs. tit. 11, 978.40-978.44.
    Colorado – City of Denver High Capacity Ammunition Magazines
    City of Denver Ordinances Sec. 38-130. - Assault weapons.
    a. All semiautomatic action, centerfire rifles with a detachable magazine with a capacity of twenty-one (21) or more rounds.
    b. All semiautomatic shotguns with a folding stock or a magazine capacity of more than six (6) rounds or both.

Specific magazine prohibited.
    It shall be unlawful to carry, store or otherwise possess a magazine which will hold or may be modified to hold twenty-one (21) or more rounds.

There is a provision in the law if you are a non resident of Denver traveling through the area you can not be charged with breaking this ordinances.

I CAN load more than 21 .22 shorts in my Browning, including the one in the chamber, with vary easy modification.
    I can also do this to the MAGAZINE of a Wichester model 1890 .22 pump.
    Notice the Law doesnt specify centerfire, caliber, action, ect It Specifically describes MAGAZINES.
    It doesnt define Magazine, weather it be tubular, detachable.
    It does specify centerfire. I put it in bold and red. Also most of what was posted is for California, or did Colorado sign the same laws into the books?
    Last edited by Jason Glavich; 12-18-2012 at 01:27 PM.
    My Father,My Friend,My teacher,and now My Angel~ 04/21/1956-03/21/2011 You will always be missed. I hope to learn half of the stuff you knew.

~Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted~

Jason

I copied California by mistake as I copied Colorado

Colorado (denver)does indeed specify actions of both rifles and shotguns.(semiautomatic)
    They do say center fire when talking about WEAPONS ,,,,,but the sentence I highlighted Specifically addresses MAGAZINES Specifically .
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

As more info is slowly presented it has now been affirmed that the mother's income from alimony in 2011 was nearly $270,000.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    As more info is slowly presented it has now been affirmed that the mother's income from alimony in 2011 was nearly $270,000.
    by the looks of the family residence, it doesnt look like the family was living in da hood,or slum conditions either
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

The father is a big GE exec.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI