The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Shooting at Elementary School in Connecticuit

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    With this tragedy of today, the last thing we need is someone spreading misinformation.

Urban Legend, Fact Check and Snopes all report the same thing.

Darrell Scott's speech was covered nationally by the Scripps Howard and Associated Press wire services, not to mention in daily newspapers across the U.S., such as the Denver Rocky Mountain News, the St. Paul Pioneer Press, the Washington Times, the Boston Globe, the Arizona Republic, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, the Chicago Sun-Times ... well, you get the idea.

The parents of other victims testifying at the Sub-committee had much different opinions as to the reason for the murders.

Untill you have PERSONALLY lived througha tradedy like this,,, You really have NO IDEA about Mis Information..

It is very surprising when Victims family members discussed thier views how quickly they were "labled"

My Son was very good friends with Rachel..

He walked past Kleiblod minutes before he started the rampage outside the school... One of hius friends was shot in the stairwell my son just came down to exit the school...

My son was in the process of finding his friend Isiaha Scholes to with him for lunch.
    They had a Mis- communication,, or My son would have been in the library!! with him...

As I said ealier,,, many folks just dont know the pain this inflicts on a community. The mean things thats are said .
    The very surprising viewpoints of parents in our school systems... I have had people look me in the eye and say quit whining and get over it!!........ I never will... never forgotten... You will never understand....
    It really opened my eyes..
    Last edited by MooseGooser; 12-14-2012 at 11:29 PM.
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin D View Post
    1 - Yes. Allow people to properly defend themselves EVERY WHERE and stop polarizing gun owners as idiot tin foil red necks.
    2 - What makes you think background checks would have prevented this? He didn't go buy this gun from Academy and then commit the crime.
    3 - What does Law Abiding Citizens taking training have to do with anything? This kid just killed almost 30 people WITHOUT training. The training I'd support is training the School Staff to be able to competently engage these wackos so they'll off themselves quicker rather than walking around shooting innocent people for 15 minutes before the cops show up or someone decides to do something. Most all these Active Shooters shoot themselves immediately after running out of ammo, being confronted or as soon as it looks like their plan is folding. Nothing spells Failed Plan like lead coming your way from an Armed Teacher! Texas has the right idea.
    4 - Hunting and Self-Protection aren't the only reason to own guns nor should they be.
    Good post, Dustin. I feel much like you do about this.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Quote Originally Posted by dixidawg View Post
    How about because I want to?
    Well that was probably the excuse in CT today....JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    I have a favor to ask, as I sit here with tears in my eyes.

Can we please can the smart ass comments on this for at least 1 day?

For those with children, can you imagine anything worse?
    There is no politics here, this is just plain awful......my heart hurts.

Let it be.

Thank you,

stan b
    I agree 100% with that statement Stan. God Bless You Sir!!!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MooseGooser View Post
    Untill you have PERSONALLY lived througha tradedy like this,,, You really have NO IDEA about Mis Information..

It is very surprising when Victims family members discussed thier views how quickly they were "labled"

My Son was very good friends with Rachel..

He walked past Kleiblod minutes before he started the rampage outside the school... One of hius friends was shot in the stairwell my son just came down to exit the school...

My son was in the process of finding his friend Isiaha Scholes to with him for lunch.
    They had a Mis- communication,, or My son would have been in the library!! with him...

As I said ealier,,, many folks just dont know the pain this inflicts on a community. The mean things thats are said .
    The very surprising viewpoints of parents in our school systems... I have had people look me in the eye and say quit whining and get over it!!........ I never will... never forgotten... You will never understand....
    It really opened my eyes..
    It makes a person reflect on the good things they have in their lives. Mr. Baker, I can understand where you are coming from, I almost lost my oldest daughter 2 days before her 2nd birthday in a car accident. She is now 24, and has given me 2 beuatiful grand babies.

I could go on for hours!!!

Its true,, its classless to politicise this event on the very day it happened...

I appologise.
    I will truely pray for those people in that community...
    Gooser
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

Quote Originally Posted by dixidawg View Post
    How would that have helped in today's tragedy?
    our woefully defunded mental health care system

Same up here in Canada, beaurocrats and politicians have provided less money and many people out running around very mentally ill. Psychiatrists are at fault as well-releasing people before they should and with knowledge they could endanger others! They need to be properly hospitalized and cared for under supervision. That would make a big difference in who gets guns. There also has to be some way to run checks on these people so access to firearms is not allowed. Again we will hear cries to ban firearms. But the better thing to do is provide help to those who misuse before this type of incident occurs again. IMHO

Very sad day. My heart goes out to all those families and that town. Like I said before unbelievable!!!
    Last edited by Mary Lynn Metras; 12-15-2012 at 01:20 AM.
    HRCH Scaupgetters Tarnation QAA
    http://www.huntinglabpedigree.com/pedigree.asp?id=83047
    HR Blackie 2 CGN, WCI
    Metras's Hashtag Mickey
    http://www.huntinglabpedigree.com/pedigree.asp?id=83051

"Knowing how important right timing is in accomplishing right actions"
    Uncle Ray

Please give extra hugs today to your kids and please please pray for those families that have lost so much today.
    I texted my daughter at school till she texted me back and made my ex stop in at my place of 2nd job so I could hug my 11 yr. old. and tell him how much I love him BECAUSE I CAN TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!
    Can we please just give it a rest today and grieve for the families.
    Sue
    Never confuse activity with success.

"Ummmmmmm Isn't a word." Judge Judy

Quote Originally Posted by murral stark View Post
    I agree 100% with that statement Stan. God Bless You Sir!!!
    Now you get it from the other thread

Does anyone ever wonder if the violence presented as common place thru the various media is at all culpable for the mindset of some of these people?

"The Walking Dead" is one of the top rated shows on TV right now.
    Probably 20 to 50 "zombies" get their brains blown out per show.
    Any of you looked at any of the video games kids are playing today??

How about some restriction on these vehicles depicting bloody, viscious violence as entertainment?

Just a thought.

More after me and Elvis whack some birds........oh, the delicious irony there!
    Stan b & Elvis