The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: School Shooting....

Default School Shooting....

What a shame, and how horrible! I am sure we all feel the same way. I just found out that some very close friends of me and my wife lost a nephew in the rampage. A young boy that just went to school to learn and play and will not be coming home tonight. What a horrible thing, for those of you close to the situation, my condolences..... our prayers are with you.
    God, Family, Country & LSU Football.

Prayers for all who care and are touched by this horrible and tragic day. Lord, be with those families and their loved ones.
    A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart.

In 30 years as a teacher and administator I only experience the tragic loss off 2 students, one was brutally murdered and the other died in a house fire. Of all the students that touched my life I remember these two girs as if they had been with me yesterday. My heart is breaking for the parents, students, staff and commmunity that lost 20 babies today and 6 dedicated educators.Their grief will be felt by the world and it will take a long time if not forever for them to heal. I usually have one good cry over the holiday season It has started tonight.

Words cannot expalin the feeling of sitting in your truck eating an early lunch, listening to the radio, and hearing that there was a reported shooting at the High school your child attends...

You are 1 hour from home.

You cannot get information as to the whereabouts of your child. Your pager is ringing off the hook, but you have no cell phone to call any of the numbers..

You get home,, and still no idea where your child is. You go to the evacuation area, and watch bus load after bus load of kids depart the bus,, but still your child isnt there..

4 hrs later,, He arrives on your door step..

This was my experience with this on April 20th 1999.

Most all of us have no idea the grief, heartbreak and sadness that are happening to that community.
    There are no answers.... Only Prayer..

We have to start to realise we must take care of ourselves, familay and friends.

If we know somwone who is troubled,, its up to each of us to extend a hand to offer help..

Please folks, PRAY for those people who have been hurt today..

Gooser
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

Quote Originally Posted by MooseGooser View Post
    Words cannot expalin the feeling of sitting in your truck eating an early lunch, listening to the radio, and hearing that there was a reported shooting at the High school your child attends...

You are 1 hour from home.

You cannot get information as to the whereabouts of your child. Your pager is ringing off the hook, but you have no cell phone to call any of the numbers..

You get home,, and still no idea where your child is. You go to the evacuation area, and watch bus load after bus load of kids depart the bus,, but still your child isnt there..

4 hrs later,, He arrives on your door step..

This was my experience with this on April 20th 1999.

Most all of us have no idea the grief, heartbreak and sadness that are happening to that community.
    There are no answers.... Only Prayer..

We have to start to realise we must take care of ourselves, familay and friends.

If we know somwone who is troubled,, its up to each of us to extend a hand to offer help..

Please folks, PRAY for those people who have been hurt today..

Gooser
    Truth !!!!!!!!

It was terrible. Very depressed all day yesterday.

My wife also knew someone who lost a child. Very sad!!!

This has been a long sad weekend and today the funerals start. I do not know any of the families, but I have two kids who are both going to college as education majors and this is one of my nightmares. My son will graduate in May. Saturday night at my husband's birthday party he told us he would hide his students because that is the smart thing to do and then stand guard just like the brave young teacher did for her students. At that moment I was so conflicted because I was so proud that he would want to do the brave and right thing, but as his mom I felt I'm not ready for him to be a man. My son is in his twenties and I can't even begin to understand the pain these families are facing who have lost their sons and daughters, this includes the teachers because their parents are suffering too. I have heard several of the parents talking about their children on the news and while the news maybe using the parents for ratings I pray the parents find comfort letting the world know how special their child was and how blessed they were to have had that child, even if it was so very short.

Terri