The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Announcement horn for the kennel GDG

Default Announcement horn for the kennel GDG

I need a very loud buzzer(horn) for when someone walks in the office.Loud enough for someone on the opposite end of the kennel can hear over barking dog. I would want it to be a push button for service type of thing. How /what do I get? Anybody know?
    BB
    Sight To Sea Labradors
    Southern Cross at Sight to Sea SH "Crosby" (by NAFC FC AFC Cody Cut a Lean Grade)
    Tealwood's Willing at Sight to Sea JH ( by CH I am Able)
    Briarglen's Running on Faith JH (by FC Fish River's Out of the Park)
    Glendair's Come Home to the Sea ( By Ch Topform's Edward MH, QAA)
    Sight To Sea's Take Aim SH (by Sight to Sea's Southern Comfort SH )Aug 23 2003-Feb 2013 Go get em , Man!

Manager of www.DeCoverlykennels.com

Google door/entry alarms. Should be easy. I have a chime for the front door that i can hear anywhere in the store. For deliveries at the back, the ph # is posted. All UPS FEDEX and freight drivers have a cell phone
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Can you rewire a door bell to a horn? will it need a source of electricity? We have a boarding/training kennel and don't want the buzzer to ring every time someone walks in only when someone pushes the button, but the when the buzzer goes off I am expecting 60+/- dogs to start barking.
    I may just go with a driveway alarm far enough down the drive that I don't set it off when training...
    BB
    Sight To Sea Labradors
    Southern Cross at Sight to Sea SH "Crosby" (by NAFC FC AFC Cody Cut a Lean Grade)
    Sight To Sea's Take Aim SH (by Sight to Sea's Southern Comfort SH )Aug 23 2003-Feb 2013 Go get em , Man!

Think about what people who have no hearing use for their doorbells. Flashing lights. At least the kennel wouldn't go crazy everytime a buzzer rang?

I have the same issue. Have been wondering if my training radios would work. Leave one on the desk for people to pick up and call for me. Have the other clipped to my jacket.

Paul's light flickering idea is good, but only if you're inside. If outside training or doing chores, can't see lights.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridget Bodine View Post
    when the buzzer goes off I am expecting 60+/- dogs to start barking.
    Guess it doesn't really need to be too loud does it? You'll know when someone rings the bell!

Lonster

Most door bells run off 12 or 24 volts these door bells come with a step down tranformer. You are proable looking for something in 65bp range. McMaster Carr is a company that I get supplies like this from. They also explain all the products they sell, can be very educational even if you don't use buy their products.

Good Luck
    David Wolfe

Every warehouse in the country has a buzzer wired to a door bell for when truckers show up. Shouldn't be hard to do.

I've seen one noisy warehouse operation which had a light like you see on old cop cars which would start up when a customer arrived. Better than making the dogs go crazy everytime someone shows up. The kennel where I live just posts the person on duty's cell number

Quote Originally Posted by Lonster View Post
    Guess it doesn't really need to be too loud does it? You'll know when someone rings the bell!

Lonster
    Except for the oh crap nobody is here what the hell are you all barking at trips....
    BB
    Sight To Sea Labradors