The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Remote Temperature Monitoring devices

Rochester, MN Bob & Ann Heise HiRollerLabs.com

Default Remote Temperature Monitoring devices

I am looking for a reliable, reasonably priced, remote temperature monitor. I found this one for about $70. It connects to a phone line and if the temperature falls to 45 degrees, it will call up to 3 phone numbers. It also has a sensor for water. If you have used this product or have experience with another product please post. THANK YOU!

The HS-700 HomeSitter from Protected Home is the lowest cost
    multi-functional home monitoring system on the market! The HomeSitter will sound
    an audible alarm and call up to three telephone numbers to protect your home
    from damage caused by temperature extremes, water leaks or power failures.
    Set-up takes only a few minutes and there are no monitoring fees or installation
    costs! All you need is a phone line and a power outlet.

The HomeSitter
    freeze alarm/heat alarm will automatically call out to notify you if there is a
    drop in temperature (below 45F/7C) or a rise in temperature (above 85F/34C),
    accurate to +/- 3 degrees. This temperature alarm feature can help you prevent
    frozen/burst pipes due to furnace failure or prevent mildew and humidity damage
    when an air conditioner stops working in the summertime heat.
    Bob/Ann Heise
    "Show up. Dominate. Go home." Dan Gable

"There is no such thing as perfection. There is always a higher level." Dan Gable

"Look at pressure as an opportunity." Tom Brands

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 2010

I don't believe in allowing wine to breathe. I prefer mouth-to-wine resuscitation.

Bump. Maybe the weekenders will have some input??
    Bob/Ann Heise

"There is no such thing as perfection. There is always a higher level." Dan Gable

I don't believe in allowing wine to breathe. I prefer mouth-to-wine resuscitation.

check out Mast thermostat---self install available from home Depot or Lowes--and you can monitor from your smart phone.

Quote Originally Posted by joel druley View Post
    check out Mast thermostat---self install available from home Depot or Lowes--and you can monitor from your smart phone.
    We just installed a new heat pump heat/AC this summer, and come to think of it I might be able to monitor using the thermostat that came with it! Thank you for the reminder.
    Bob/Ann Heise

Wish there was some way to use these without having a land line.
    Sharon Potter

www.redbranchkennels.net

Chesapeake Bay Retrievers...too many to list.

Team Huntsmith

Hi Ann & Sharon,
    If you go to control products web site http://www.controlproductsonline.com...c-16-l-en.html a cellular adapter for the Home Sitter and other models. Looks like cost is another $300 extra to add cellular. One thing I would do for sure is buy and dedicate a UPS to the alarm system so if the power goes out and the house gets cold you'll still get the call. A ~ $100 UPS will run the system for quite a while. Just make sure you don't plug anything else into it so you get maximum battery life. Probably a good idea to do a test to see how long the UPS runs the alarm system with the utility power off unplugged from the UPS.
    H2O Control Guy

Something I learned in the barn growing up. "Never walk behind a cow that is coughing."