The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Clacium Deposits

Default Calcium Deposits

I have an eleven year old blm who has cushings, he has had cushings going on four years. Recently he has had several calcium deposits come up on his back near his tail. Has anyone had any dealings with this? Is there any kind of medication I can get to help this? My vet has told me to look into herbal medications but I am having trouble finding anything. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    Last edited by mlp; 12-16-2012 at 02:09 PM.

I don't know of anything that would make those go away, but have you looked at the book, The Goldstein's Wellness and Longevity Program? It has some nutritional, herbal, and glandular supplement recommendations for Cushing's disease. Your local library may have it.

Also, have you looked at this webpage? http://www.2ndchance.info/cushings.htm
    It is mostly about the disease and drug management, but does have some references to possibly using retinoic acids, melatonin, and lignans.

Thanks, I will try to find the book. I have him on ketoconizol but my vet thinks I need to try a herbal treatment also. she is looking for me also, It's getting to the point that I've got to try everything possible. the calcium deposits appeared over night and are getting worse. Thanks again