The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cowboys allow suspended player to roam the sidelines

Default Cowboys allow suspended player to roam the sidelines

My Dallas Cowboys again showed their lack of leadership from the top, when they allowed the DT who was charged with intoxication resulting in the death of a teammate, to roam freely on the sidelines during the Cowboys-Steelers game. He has no business being there

does he deserve his day in court? Absolutely

But it does send out the wrong message, if the guy wasnt some high paid athlete, would he be roaming the streets let alone an NFL sideline

Poor move by Jerry and the Boys organization....am I surprised....NO
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Think you are a little off base there....

They are simply making an effort to help the young guy get through this without killing himself. The guy that was killed was literally his best friend, and nobody feels worse than Josh Brent. The only thing that could make the situation worse is for Josh Brent to go postal and hurt himself or others. Josh Brent will suffer plenty of consequences, but he will never escape this in his own mind.

Interesting article in today's Dallas Morning News. Not a lot of people remember that Cowboy great Drew Pearson fell asleep at the wheel on his way back from Oklahoma in 1984, resulting in a crash that killed his younger brother. He will never live it down, but interesting to hear how important his teammates were in terms of support network.

Banishing him from his only support network would accomplish nothing.

I just remembered what my mother said, " If you cant say anything nice, dont say anything at all"
    Wizardrheas Roxtar MH (Roxie)
    Hibrass' She's Gotcha All Choked Up (Briley) Born 12/14/2013
    Sophie ( Bed Bug Detection Beagle)
    Mariah's Sunshine Tess (3-30-2000 / 8-10-2012) RIP Old Girl

This isn't a social event!!! Get a dog on the line!!

Bon, it's a total lack of class on Jerry Jones and His Cowboys. What kind of message does this send to all the young kids that look at these players as though they are God!!!Very bad deal.
    Dave Hare
    CFC-CAFC Maralan's C.E.O.
    Horsetooth's Otto Know 2012 National Derby List
    Berkshire's Bad Medicine Doc
    R.I P-Hard Labs Fast Lane Phred-SH
    R.I.P-Catalina's Curve Ball
    R.I.P-Klondike's Chocolate Charger-MH 4 Time Ducks Unlimited Retriever of the year MN.
    www.berkshireretrievers.com

I agree with Bon... The man has been busted for DUI before the wreck that killed his friend. He does not need to be coddled. He should be sitting in a cell staring at a photo of his dead buddy...

Part of the problem with these athletes is that they have been pampered their whole lives already. They have never been held accountable for anything.
    Last edited by huntinman; 12-16-2012 at 06:30 PM.
    Bill Davis

Bon, to the best of my knowledge, he has not been suspended. The NFL has not taken any action yet. The deceased kid's Mom may have had a lot to do with it. She asked that he be present at the service and sit with her. She has forgiven him. He screwed up big time. They will probably be pumping daylight to him for several years just like Dwayne Goodrich.

I don't think he should be on the sidelines but no one asked me.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Found out today it was in fact at the request of the dead kid's mom. He reportedly did not want to go but did so at the request of some teammates. He left at half time. That doesn't excuse the fact that his attendance was in poor taste.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

I heard the Cowboys, at least the coach, didn't know he was going to there and he left on his own at halftime because of it being a distraction.
    That's my boy "Blue"!!!! Flyin High in the Passenger Side x Katie May of Belgrade

Interesting article on espndallas.com today. He won't be allowed back on sideline but the articl clears up several things.
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon

Quote Originally Posted by FinnLandR View Post
    Any average citizen who did the same thing would be getting three hots and a cot because he couldn't post the bond, and you know it.
    I know its state by state, but if it happened here the average citizen would be released without bond or a very small bond. Bond is based on many things, but among the top is flight risk and severity of crime.