The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Here It Comes. Hide Your Guns!

I don't think he went on a Political Rant at all.

He addressed the Town and Country and made a statement saying that SOMETHING has to be done. We can't just do NOTHING and allow these Shooting Sprees to happen.

I completely agree with that, but my plan is VERY different than what his plan will probably be, of that I'm certain.

Here's EXACTLY what he said;

In the coming weeks, Iíll use whatever power this office holds to engage my fellow citizens, from law enforcement, to mental health professionals, to parents and educators, in an effort aimed at preventing more tragedies like this, because what choice do we have?We canít accept events like this as routine.---Obama

OK so I am about to get killed on this board but some of the points they are making are fair about gun control. No guns didn't cause these events but they make them more deadly. On the flip side The problem is that progressives in this country want to take all the guns not just the extremely dangerous ones so many on the guns rights sides have to reject all gun legislation which is fair but what if we both got something.

1. Lets allow a total ban on some of the more dangerous guns that present the greatest danger. Some of these weapons like the AR and AK with high capacity clips and fairly easy to make fully automatic.
    2. Ban high capacity clips say over 10 rounds
    3. Prevent large gun purchases. When a 23 year old comes into a southern state wanting to buy 10 handguns at the same time he is up to no good. I heard of one law that you can only by 1 gun every 30 days. I would be OK with that for handguns.
    4. Some sort of waiting period and restrictions on hand guns

But in return I would want a federal gun owners rights portion that reestablishes gun owners rights, and that would eliminate some of the over barring local laws. And some sort of ban on new legislation against guns.

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Incremental Secular Progressivism at it's finest.

They are coming for our weapons.
    1 increment at a time.

Face it!!!!!!!

I said everything I have to say on this topic in my first post about the shooting:

I have never believed that we would lose our gun rights in this country. This morning I have changed my mind. Maybe it's just that the pure evil and shock value of this event has knocked the sense out of me. But I now firmly believe that we will eventually lose our right to bear arms. The politicians will be blamed, but we can only blame the pure unadulterated evil of these assholes that keep killing innocent people.

I had a really melancholy feeling come over me this morning dropping my daughter off at school. Thinking about others who on friday had done the same, watching their kids walk through the door, seeing them alive for the last time. I'm not sure what to do. I know you guys hate Obama with every ounce of your being, but I agree completely with this statement that he made last night.

We can’t accept events like this as routine.---
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Nate_C View Post
    OK so I am about to get killed on this board but some of the points they are making are fair about gun control. No guns didn't cause these events but they make them more deadly. On the flip side The problem is that progressives in this country want to take all the guns not just the extremely dangerous ones so many on the guns rights sides have to reject all gun legislation which is fair but what if we both got something.

1. Lets allow a total ban on some of the more dangerous guns that present the greatest danger. Some of these weapons like the AR and AK with high capacity clips and fairly easy to make fully automatic. Once you start where does it stop, just because my Rem 1100 is semi automatic it puts it in the same category as a Saiga assault shotgun

2. Ban high capacity clips say over 10 rounds,,already in place
    3. Prevent large gun purchases. When a 23 year old comes into a southern state wanting to buy 10 handguns at the same time he is up to no good. I heard of one law that you can only by 1 gun every 30 days. I would be OK with that for handguns.
    4. Some sort of waiting period and restrictions on hand guns..some states have a "cooling off" period when purchasing a handgun

But in return I would want a federal gun owners rights portion that reestablishes gun owners rights, and that would eliminate some of the over barring local laws. And some sort of ban on new legislation against guns.
    You already have it....ITS CALLED THE SECOND AMENDMENT

More legislation is not needed.....enforcing the ones already on the books might be a start...the guns used were obtained legally by his mother....of course after he killed her he was able to get them free will...Had his mother not been killed ,would we be holding her responsible for him getting a hold of her guns...its not like some salesperson at the local gun store sold the guy these weapons, or they werent purchased by the shooter at some gun show
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

1. Lets allow a total ban on some of the more dangerous guns that present the greatest danger. Some of these weapons like the AR and AK with high capacity clips and fairly easy to make fully automatic.

2. Ban high capacity clips say over 10 rounds

4. Some sort of waiting period and restrictions on hand guns
    1 - There is no "FAIRLY easy way" to make Full Auto's out of an AR/AK. Plus NONE of these mass school shootings even occurred with Full Auto's.

2 - The whole High Cap Mag Ban is a farce. Reloading is simple.
    Read Here > http://www.unitedliberty.org/article...city-magazines

3 - Care to site a single example of this? What you are saying has NEVER happen. Currently you can only buy 1 or 2 guns from an FFL per month in almost every state.

4 - Why? What do you think this will solve?

THINK REAL HARD about what you're saying. NOT A SINGLE suggestion you have made would have prevented this shooting. Do you realize that?

Yet EVERY suggestion you have made would indeed affect, once again *ONLY* Law Abiding Citizens. Imagine that!
    Last edited by Dustin D; 12-17-2012 at 09:55 AM.

The second amendment doesn't do it. Amendments are general rights statements that guide secondary laws. For instance I think everyone is OK with the law that says that convicted felons cannot bear arms, that isn't in the 2nd amendment. All I was saying is that if I were to even think about passing additional gun laws I would want laws that better protect gun ownership as well.

Also the argument that we have a lot of gun laws in this country already and we just need to enforce them I think is disingenuous. There are so many easy work arounds to today's laws that all they do is annoy people who are trying to follow the law. I am just saying that rather than take a "take them out of my cold dead hands approach" we need to take a measured approach where we acknowledge that some guns present such as clear and present danger to our community that we are willing to eliminate them but at the same time take a stronger stand against progressives that want to take all guns.
    Last edited by Nate_C; 12-17-2012 at 10:02 AM.

Still have the wrong idea IMO.

How many mass shootings have been conducted with an AR15 or AK47?

Now how many millions of these weapons are sitting in Gun Safe's across America collecting dust?

To consider banning the ownership of millions of AR's & AK's b/c 1 or 2 people have done something horrible with them is an absolutely ridiculous idiotic approach IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin D View Post

Now how many millions of these weapons are sitting in Gun Safe's across America collecting dust?

To consider banning the ownership of millions of AR's & AK's b/c 1 or 2 people have done something horrible with them is an absolutely ridiculous idiotic approach IMO.
    How many are in the hands of Mexican drug cartels thanks to Obama and Fast & Furious??

Just askin'..........
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin D View Post

I don't think it is just these two shootings, I would bet that they get used in crimes more often. Honestly I agree with you. Thought they present a significant danger they are miss used by such a small percentage that I don't think it is fair to ban them out right but I think we should look at alternatives.

I don't think it is just these two shootings, I would bet that they get used in crimes more often. Honestly I agree with you. Thought they present a significant danger they are miss used by such a small percentage that I don't think it is fair to ban them out right but I think we should look at alternatives.
    I think what most folks pass right over is this. How does the need for more Gun Laws have anything to do with this latest shooting? Think about it, everything the kid did was illegal, so how will more ink on paper solve anything?

This is why I think If Anti-Gun folks REALLY were serious about Gun Control, they'd stop pussy-footing around and confiscate all firearms. What else do they think will work? I think they should stop being punks about it and call for the ALL OUT BAN. Then once and for all we could put an end to this whole ridiculous back and forth.

There's an estimated 200,000,000 Firearms in the US. If a Whacko wants one, he'll get it and no matter what laws are made up, that fact will never change.

So I say the Anti's should get on with it and be REAL! Call for the All out Ban! Right Now! What are they waiting for!?