The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Here It Comes. Hide Your Guns!

I saw this on Morning Joe this morning. It is EXACTLY what I was referring to in my OP in the school shooting thread.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3036789/..._joe/#50222624

This video almost deserves it's own thread...
    Last edited by Buzz; 12-17-2012 at 10:45 AM.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

No doubt the Dems will be coming after your Rights to defend yourself. They will use this tragedy to over-react and impose laws that they have always wanted to. Just remember that the same folks that want to pass further gun laws are the same groups that want to ban hunting!

Here is one Political Party that is looking after your Rights!

Libertarian Party: Halt the Massacre of Innocent Children by Ending Prohibition on Self-Defense in Schools
    Families throughout the nation mourn the horrific deaths of 26 people, including 20 young children, killed Friday during a Newtown, Conn., mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School.

“It’s impossible to imagine the depths of despair and grief that the victims’ families are experiencing right now,” said Geoffrey J. Neale, Chair of the Libertarian National Committee. “Our hearts go out to every one of them.”

In the immediate aftermath of news surrounding the shootings, pundits and politicians called for new restrictions on firearm ownership, exactly the opposite of the approach needed to combat tragic gun violence in schools.

“We've created a 'gun-free zone,' a killing zone, for the sickest criminals on the face of the Earth," said R. Lee Wrights, vice-chair of the Libertarian Party. "We've given them an open killing field, and we've made the children of this country the victims."

Wrights pointed out that merely the knowledge that armed people will be present acts as a deterrent for would-be shooters.

"They're not going to walk into a police station, and why not? Because that's where the guns are," he said.

The Federal Gun Free Schools Zone Act prohibits carrying firearms on school grounds in most cases, effectively criminalizing the right to self-defense in places filled with the most vulnerable citizens. Without that federal prohibition, adults working at the school would have been free to defend themselves, very possibly saving the lives of many of the young children and adults who were slain in this horrific tragedy.

"We must stop blinding ourselves to the obvious: Most of these mass killings are happening at schools where self-defense is prohibited," said Carla Howell, executive director of the Libertarian Party. "Gun prohibition sets the stage for the slaughter of innocent children. We must repeal these anti-self-defense laws now to minimize the likelihood they will occur in the future and to the limit the damage done when they do."

Responsible gun owners can and do prevent mass shootings from occurring and escalating.

• A 1997 high school shooting in Pearl, Miss., was halted by the school's vice principal after he retrieved the Colt .45 he kept in his truck.
    • A 1998 middle school shooting ended when a man living next door heard gunfire and apprehended the shooter with his shotgun.
    • A 2002 terrorist attack at an Israeli school was quickly stopped by an armed teacher and a school guard.
    • A 2002 law school shooting in Grundy, Va., came to an abrupt conclusion when students carrying firearms confronted the shooter.
    • A 2007 mall shooting in Ogden, Utah, ended when an armed off-duty police officer intervened.
    • A 2009 workplace shooting in Houston, Texas, was halted by two coworkers who carried concealed handguns.
    • A 2012 church shooting in Aurora, Colo., was stopped by a member of the congregation carrying a gun.
    • At the recent mall shooting in Portland, Ore., the gunman took his own life minutes after being confronted by a shopper carrying a concealed weapon.

For several years after the terrorist attacks on Sept. 11, 2001, gun prohibitionists blocked pilots from carrying firearms. But after it became undeniable that guns are an essential line of defense against hijackers and other terrorists when the lives of innocent passengers are at stake, Congress finally passed legislation allowing it.

It's time to take the same approach with teachers, school administrators, and security guards, who should be allowed to carry the tools necessary to protect the students in their care. It's time to put an end to gun-free zones and make it much easier for responsible adults to arm, train, and protect themselves and the people they love from the violent criminals who seek to harm them.

"You can't depend on somebody else to take care of your own life for you," Wrights said. "It's too precious to put it into the hands of somebody else, particularly when the seconds count."

The Libertarian Party Platform on Self-Defense states: “The only legitimate use of force is in defense of individual rights — life, liberty, and justly acquired property — against aggression. This right inheres in the individual, who may agree to be aided by any other individual or group. We affirm the individual right recognized by the Second Amendment to keep and bear arms, and oppose the prosecution of individuals for exercising their rights of self-defense. We oppose all laws at any level of government requiring registration of, or restricting, the ownership, manufacture, or transfer or sale of firearms or ammunition.”
    ###
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I saw this on Morning Joe this morning. It is EXACTLY what I was referring to in my OP in the school shooting thread.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3036789/..._joe/#50222624

This video almost deserves it's own thread...
    NOTHING more than GRANDSTANDING at its finest......NO ANSWERS.
    the hard truths is there is no way to stop someone with this kind of evil in his heart. it started with Cain and will end with REVELATIONS.
    Marty Lee
    HRCH Daisey's Rambunctious Rascal "Rambo"
    Co-Owner HRCH Summers Gusty Breeze MH "Gussie"

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post

Responsible gun owners can and do prevent mass shootings from occurring and escalating.

• A 1997 high school shooting in Pearl, Miss., was halted by the school's vice principal after he retrieved the Colt .45 he kept in his truck.
    • A 1998 middle school shooting ended when a man living next door heard gunfire and apprehended the shooter with his shotgun.
    • A 2002 terrorist attack at an Israeli school was quickly stopped by an armed teacher and a school guard.
    • A 2002 law school shooting in Grundy, Va., came to an abrupt conclusion when students carrying firearms confronted the shooter.
    • A 2007 mall shooting in Ogden, Utah, ended when an armed off-duty police officer intervened.
    • A 2009 workplace shooting in Houston, Texas, was halted by two coworkers who carried concealed handguns.
    • A 2012 church shooting in Aurora, Colo., was stopped by a member of the congregation carrying a gun.
    • At the recent mall shooting in Portland, Ore., the gunman took his own life minutes after being confronted by a shopper carrying a concealed weapon.

For several years after the terrorist attacks on Sept. 11, 2001, gun prohibitionists blocked pilots from carrying firearms. But after it became undeniable that guns are an essential line of defense against hijackers and other terrorists when the lives of innocent passengers are at stake, Congress finally passed legislation allowing it.

It's time to take the same approach with teachers, school administrators, and security guards, who should be allowed to carry the tools necessary to protect the students in their care. It's time to put an end to gun-free zones and make it much easier for responsible adults to arm, train, and protect themselves and the people they love from the violent criminals who seek to harm them.

"You can't depend on somebody else to take care of your own life for you," Wrights said. "It's too precious to put it into the hands of somebody else, particularly when the seconds count. ##
    Thanks - that message needs to go out to everyone - I don't need the help of someone else telling me what will work but a lot of UB's sheeple needs that help, badly.

Just a Libertarian by instinct !!!

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post

###
    Great information to argue the point for more responsible gun owners being allowed to carry. This just might be what this country needs to discourage criminals and whackos from entering the "killing zones" that contain our defenseless loved ones.

Interesting how rarely mass shootings happen at police stations, gun clubs or shooting ranges. All places with a ready supply of... you guessed it... guns.
    Bill Davis

The country that has the worse history oif gun violence in schools,, is Germany.. They also have a very restrictive gun ownership policy.

Do you folks remember the worse school shooting? It was in the Netherlands. 69 kids killed. Their Goverment also has MUCh,,MUCH strict controls on guns than we do here.

Everyones emotions are high right now,, Its the WORSE time to be considering strict gun laws ,that IMHO, will do NOTHING to keep this from happening again.

Buit then again,,,their are those in Government,, that will jump at the chance to take advantage of Emotion,, if it drives their agenda to completion..

JMHDAO.

Gooser
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

I think the common thread is that these shooters are seeking suicide in a dramatic fashion. People carrying guns is not going to figure in their calculations. Neither does more gun regulation work. What is needed is a means of keeping firearms out of the way of mentally disturbed people and that won't be easy.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/17/world/...html?hpt=hp_t2
    Last edited by zeus3925; 12-17-2012 at 01:47 PM.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Example of Gun control History in Germany.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_politics_in_Germany

They still, very recently, have horrendous gun violence in schools.

Gooser
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin D View Post
    1 - There is no "FAIRLY easy way" to make Full Auto's out of an AR/AK. Plus NONE of these mass school shootings even occurred with Full Auto's.

2 - The whole High Cap Mag Ban is a farce. Reloading is simple.
    Read Here > http://www.unitedliberty.org/article...city-magazines

3 - Care to site a single example of this? What you are saying has NEVER happen. Currently you can only buy 1 or 2 guns from an FFL per month in almost every state.

4 - Why? What do you think this will solve?

THINK REAL HARD about what you're saying. NOT A SINGLE suggestion you have made would have prevented this shooting. Do you realize that?

Yet EVERY suggestion you have made would indeed affect, once again *ONLY* Law Abiding Citizens. Imagine that!
    In regards to number 3. In VA we used to able to buy only 1 Hangun every 30 days unless we had a ccw which removed that resriction because of the backgrounds checks that had been done. That law was repealed now anyone can buy multiple handguns in a month. We could always buy multiple long guns at one time.

And yes Relodaing is very easy and fast. Even with a revolver. And bump stocks are an interesting way to simulate auto weapons, not nearly as fast but fun to shoot.
    My Father,My Friend,My teacher,and now My Angel~ 04/21/1956-03/21/2011 You will always be missed. I hope to learn half of the stuff you knew.

~Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted~