The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Why isn't the media covering this?

Default Why isn't the media covering this?

This happened in Oregon on Tuesday. Why isn't this all over the news? Would the shootings in Connecticut been avoided if schools were not "Gun Free Zones"?

http://www.policymic.com/articles/20...uns-save-lives
    Last edited by Al VanHoey; 12-16-2012 at 09:34 PM.

I'm sending this story to a bunch of people in my address book. This really needs to get out to the public!!

There are a lot of Walter Mitty's out there who think they are somehow their license to carry permits them to be a gun slinging savior of the world. Now, that is a damn scary thought. I taught school for a few years after I graduated from college. Last thing I want to see in a school building is a firearm.
    Last edited by zeus3925; 12-16-2012 at 10:56 PM.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Zeus, I bet there are 20 parents in Newtown, Ct that would disagree with you. Switzerland has gun laws that make it mandatory for all citizens to own a firearm and receive gov't training on safety and use. The gov't actually provides the firearms to citizens after a certain age. Switzerland has the lowest crime rate in the world. Feel free to google this for verification. BTW I'm a former police officer and still carry a concealed weapon everywhere I go...including my kids school.

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    There are a lot of Walter Mitty's out there who think they are somehow their license to carry permits them to be a gun slinging savior of the world. Now, that is a damn scary thought. I taught school for a few years after I graduated from college. Last thing I want to see in a school building is a firearm.
    Sarge, there was a firearm in school in Newtown... They needed one more with someone that knew how to use it and maybe all those kids wouldn't have died.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    ironically, that sort of was the last thing many saw in school that afternoon. One has to wonder what if the principle or one or more of the teachers had been carrying a legal sidearm. A big part of the mall story is that the "Walter Mitte" to which you refer actually used good discipline and DIDN't fire as he realized that he didn't have a clear background.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com