RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Trainning Book?

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Timber Dog 
#1 ·
I have the Hillman puppy dvd and also the book Water Dog, so how do all of you feel about using the Tri- Tronics Total Retriever book as a program after the Hillman dvd? (Already own the Book) Going to start learning with a new puppy after christmas. Sad but can't wait...

#2 ·
if you are referring to the Tri Tronics book by Jim Dobbs and Alice Woodyard...its an excellent training book, although, Mr Dobbs once mentioned that he would do some things different, but did no go into detail as to what he would change..I did learn the use of place boards from Mr Dobbs and incorporate it in training with a few minor tweeks.. Ms Woodyard had quite a nice year on the FT circuit

#5 ·
When I first got into this game, my pro told me the books are great, ...but when you have a specific problem it doesn't tell you how to solve it. I have read several books, watched DVDs VHS tapes, and if I learn 1(one) thing it was worth it. I started with water dog, it was real basic didnt require a lot of special equipment. The next one was Tritronics, Dobbs, very good still refer to it now. I have watch Rex Carr, Lardy, Voit, Wildrose, Graham, and more. It's all good. The last one I bought was Building a Retriever lots of great training drills in it (great book). good luck .....t

#8 ·
I have not made my mind up totally...I am also considering Duck Dog Basics I and II. (I also own) I know for a fact what you see on the video is what they do, and it is hard to argue with the guys at Webb Footed Kennels. Chris has a pretty good track record I think lol! It also helps if I come to a stumbling block I can call and ask questions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.