The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Would it work??

Default Would it work??

It seems with the trajedy in CT everyone has a solution, to prevent future happenings, from more gun control to less gun control.

I'm very much Pro 2nd amendment, and very much pro CCW. I believe that the mere existence of CCW goes a long way in preventing would be criminals.

However, I don't realisticly see this becoming a viable option in schools. Mainly due to, I don't think you will see legislation to expand the precence of guns in schools because of all baggage that would come with it on the political scene.

We had a gun instance at my daughter's elementary school last year. In a meeting with the County Sherrif in which parents offered suggestions, everything was basically shot down to due to cost, civil rights, or not "practical"

This may sound simplistic, and it may not even work, and I may sound like a moron for saying it, but what about pepper spray? Not that Mickey Mouse stuff you carry on a key chain, but police grade, stop a charging grizzly bear kind of stuff.

I honestly like the chances of teachers and administraters ability to stop an attacker with a 35 ft fog of instant incapacitation, better than their chances to attempt to apply deadly force with a little .380 Auto. I would personally rather fight someone toting an AR-15 with bear spray than the typical CC pistol.

It doesnt carry the baggage of a pistol, more poeple could be easily trained and would be willing to use it as well.

It's easy to say "let 'em carry pistols", but does anyone really believe you will see this happen?

Just a thought.......
    Wildlife and Outdoor Photography

http://www.ericrutherford.net

I think its part of a solution that could work, but it makes too much sense for anyone to talk about!

would it work...it might....but there is an old saying " you don't bring a knife to a gunfight"

I dont want to face a bear with bear spray...I sure dont want to face a shooter with it...but if thats all you will give me, then I will use that, along with a fire extinguisher, a chair, a baseball bat,a football, a broom handle or anything else I can lay my hands on including a knife
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Sounds like a fair idea to me. I feel really uneasy about the prospect of every Tom, Dick, and Harry walking around with loaded weapons. I think that concealed carry comes with an awesome amount of responsibility. I'm reminded of the old Lynyrd Skynyrd song:

Hand guns are made for killin'
    Ain't no good for nothin' else
    And if you like your whiskey
    You might even shoot yourself
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Sounds like a fair idea to me. I feel really uneasy about the prospect of every Tom, Dick, and Harry walking around with loaded weapons. I think that concealed carry comes with an awesome amount of responsibility. I'm reminded of the old Lynyrd Skynyrd song:

I liked the band 30 years ago... but that is idiotic...
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post

If you allowed educators to carry, it does not mean that all educators would carry. You don't see all, eligible, people in the general population carrying. While I don't believe that politicians would ever allow this to happen, I would feel better equipped to protect my students if allowed to carry concealed.
    Mioaks Southbound Sammy JH
    Leatherwood's Here's Your One Chance Fancy

"Luck is the residue of design"- Branch Rickey