The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Locating EIC number

Default Locating EIC number

How does one locate an EIC number and results on a dog that has been tested?
    "Solid beginnings for a promising future"

Get it from the owner unless it was submitted to www.offa.org it "may" be listed on www.huntinglabpedigree.com but isn't "verified" like OFA.
    Last edited by Cedarswamp; 12-17-2012 at 03:40 PM.
    High Tess JH
    Cedar Swamp's Linden JH
    Cedar Swamp's Cuttin a Rug
    Cedar Swamp's Holy Terror JH (3 SH passes)
    Blackfoot's Mr Independence at Cedar Swamp JH
    Cedar Swamp's Angel in Disguise
    Cedar Swamp's Test Pilot
    Cedar Swamp's Bonanza
    Cedar Swamp's Twisted Sister

Others have also graced our hearts...gone not forgotten.
    RC Buckshot of Seven Hickories MH
    Ceader Swamp's Deuces Wild SH
    Fallen Timber's Second Chance MH
    Ceader Swamp's Mac Millett SH
    and several others...

Senior Member Mike Peters-labguy23's Avatar

You have found the biggest flaw to the EIC testing. Each owner gets a PDF from the U of MN with results, that's it. I send mine to OFA and pay $15 to have them listed but the U Of MN does not have an online data base and I don't think they will give results to anyone but the owner.
    Mike Peters

Owner at time of testing doesn't have info, now new owner would like to have a number on file. I know he was tested, just trying to help but not have much results. Might have to have test done again.
    "Solid beginnings for a promising future"

The folks at U of MN are wonderful to deal with. Ask the previous owner to have them re-email the results. Then previous owner can send it along to new owner.

Pattie
    Effective gun control is hitting what you aim at!

I have a EIC test result copy from DDC Veterinary (http://www.vetdnacenter.com/canine.html). This EIC test was done for the litter by the breeder, and given to me for my pup when i picked her up. It however is not "name" specific to match my pup's official AKC/UKC registration and instead is identified by pup's "call names" as identified by the breeder (- Pup #1 blue collar, #2 yellow collar, etc). Has anyone use the same group, and know how to "officialize", if you will, the DNA ID# and the DNA result to match my specific named/registration number?
    Last edited by jpws; 12-18-2012 at 10:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jpws View Post
    I have a EIC test result copy from DDC Veterinary (http://www.vetdnacenter.com/canine.html). This EIC test was done for the litter by the breeder, and given to me for my pup when i picked her up. It however is not "name" specific to match my pup's official AKC/UKC registration and instead is identified by pup's "call names" as identified by the breeder (- Pup #1 blue collar, #2 yellow collar, etc). Has anyone use the same group, and know how to "officialize", if you will, the DNA ID# and the DNA result to match my specific named/registration number?
    If your breeder had used U of MN Diagnostic Lab for the DNA test and the pup was microchipped, you could have submitted the appropriate artifacts to U of MN to get a new certificate issued that shows the registered name and number of your pup instead of call names. I have done it with a litter myself that I had tested at U of MN. However, DDC along with others are no longer allowed to perform EIC testing due to the patent issued to U of MN.
    Terrie Tomlinson
    Frontier Retrievers
    HR Five Star Winning Sue SH
    Young Guns: Frontier's True Grit With a Cause "Rooster" and Frontier's Gossip Girl With A Cause "Gabby"
    Boykin Spaniels: Max, Scarlet, Rummy, Jewels, Bella, Molly, and Piper

In Memory:
    HRCH Frontier's Cherokee Rebel MH (5-9-2000 to 12-6-2011)
    Moonstone's Little Girl Found MH (3-20-1998 to 5-2-2008)
    Calebri's Take the Money and Run JH (3-3-2008 to 6-20-2012)

U of MN was not used, and i microchipped the pup myself after the EIC test was done. I noticed on the DDC site just now that EIC was not listed anywhere, i suppose due to your reasoning mentioned above. So, since DDC no longer does the tests, if is safe to assume that i'd have to do the EIC tests again with U of MN to "officialize" them?