The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dog Box Recommendations

Doug

Default Dog Box Recommendations

Looking for a two or three hole aluminum dog box. Checked out the sites for Creative Sports and Jones Trailer. Any recommendations between diamond plate or embossed aluminum? Any experience out there with either of these companies? Or others?

I would go with diamond plate. I had a Creative Sports box and really liked it. I just ordered a new 2 hole box from Diamond Deluxe out of NC. Either of these two companies are great as far as working with you on any custom features you may want. I don't think you can go wrong with either. Jones, Deerskin and Ainley are top of the line but you're talking another league as far as prices are concerned.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."--George Orwell.

Exactly what Brian said!

I had a 2-hole Diamond Deluxe box with top storage in the past, and it was a fine product--especially for the money. I was very pleased with the workmanship and their customer service. www.diamonddeluxe.com

If spending a little more dough is not a problem, then Deerskin and Ainley are surefire hits. I've got a new 3-hole SS Deerskin topper box on order, but it's nearly 4X the money vs. the Diamond Deluxe. www.deerskindogtrailers.com and www.ainleykennels.com

Good luck!

Default Ainley

I would recommend you checking with the folks @ Ainely Mfg. I have a three whole box with storage drawers and it is awesome. For where you are located besure and get a box with good insulation and plenty of cross ventilation. Also, besure and get an exhaust fan to suck the hot air out and create air movement on still humid days.
    It's All Good!

I've got a 2 hole, insulated, diamond plate box from Deer Creek Enterprises. I'd highly recommend them as well.

I got my box from diamond deluxe and they worked with me down to 1/2" size changes, put dividers in my top storage, and just all around responsive to my needs. They also understand dogs, because I had thought about lowering the height in the boxes and they had no problem questioning my idea, they knew that for a lab it would be too low. They were great! My box fits nice and snug into my truck and no wasted space!!

Lainee

I went with a 6-hole topper from CPH sales in Canada. Eventhough it was a little heavy on the pocket, I have to say it was worth every sent knowing that the dogs are safe and comfortable in all weather conditions. Stainless steel with aluminum frame, lights, fans, shelves, and 20 gallon pressurized water tank is the way to go IMO.

How does everybody feel about aluminum inside of the kennel? I have seen yellow labs and golden retrievers with distinct gray marks from aluminum rub-off. Does it also happen with the blacks? Is there anything you can do to prevent it? Stainless steel is an option but not all manufactures will do it.
    JLB

I've seen black dogs turn almost gray

My topper is stainless inside and out so this is not a problem.

Personally for 2 dog boxes I like the Fiber Lite boxes by Fiber Pro.

www.fiber-pro.com/page4.html