The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Assault Weapons??

Default Assault Weapons??

What is it about so called "assault weapons" that scare you so?

It is much ado about nothing.
    It is simply whipped up hysteria be secular progressives to take another increment.

Maybe someone can explain to me, in your own words what frightens you about these weapons?

I mean other than the way they look?
    Stan b & Elvis

If we paint them pink would they not be as scary?
    My Father,My Friend,My teacher,and now My Angel~ 04/21/1956-03/21/2011 You will always be missed. I hope to learn half of the stuff you knew.

~Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted~

Assault weapons dont scare me....would I own one...probably, but for my personal use they are impractical for the type of hunting that I do...now for personal defense, I like the tactical style handgun, coupled with a 12 gauge shotgun
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

i wonder how many of theese mass killings with assult weapons also involved motor vehicles, seems to me alot of cooling of could be had if we we were still on horse back lol. my assult rifle 0 ted kennedys car i belive 1

Last night on the news I saw that the shooter was using a rifle equipped with this.

http://www.brownells.com/magazines/r...prod23282.aspx

So RK, you keep saying that a .223 isn't a high powered weapon. So I guess one of those equipped with one of these isn't a powerful and destructive weapon?

I'm getting one of these & deer hunting with it. I can take out an entire herd with that bad boy!

Ultra High Capacity For Increased Shooting Fun

"For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Last night on the news I saw that the shooter was using a rifle equipped with this.

http://www.brownells.com/magazines/r...prod23282.aspx

So RK, you keep saying that a .223 isn't a high powered weapon. So I guess one of those equipped with one of these isn't a powerful and destructive weapon?

I'm getting one of these & deer hunting with it. I can take out an entire herd with that bad boy!

Ultra High Capacity For Increased Shooting Fun

Point #1--That is NOT, I repeat NOT an assault weapon, that is an after market add on magazine.
    And I defy you to produce one credible report that says he used that in the commision of this crime.
    Everything I have read says the "bushmaster" was left in the car.
    Point #2--NO, you could NOT take out an entire herd with that.

You guys always have to exagerate to make your weak points!

.223 or 7.62 X 39 are small calibers.
    Low-power, inaccurate weapons that look mean.

It's all emotion with you guys!
    Stan b & Elvis

Stan, what is a secular progressive and what does it have to do with assault weapons? Why do assault weapons enter a discussion about CCP? Why do you own a AK or other such? So many questions!
    Carol,
    Owned and handled by Cruisin' with Indiana Jones, JH
    Alternate Handler: Westwind Buffalo Soldier
    Apprentice Handler: Snake River Medicine Man, JH
    http://newhoperetrievers.com

The Name!
    The son of my boss. An odd lefty, liberal, save the world, but not in my back yard kind of person. Who duck and goose hunts on occasion with me, because the geese poop on the lawn were he keeps his sea-doo. Was asking me why we had these assault weapons saying he would never own one. I told him he already did. He has a Remington 870 I sold him. I had him use his smart telephone to view the accessories available for his 870 and said “see, you own an assault weapon”. So he asked if I thought he should register it? We have no need for that in Vermont anyway.
    What we need is a more better definition of the term. Another friend of mine shot a very nice buck just last week during our black powder deer season. He was in a big scrub field. Not open woods or meadow, but years overgrown pastureland. A scrub field. So he spots the buck and gets buck fever bad. Shoots him in the front hoof. Deer takes off running. Now John was the kid back in middle school who always knew he would be a Marine. Enlisted while he was still in high school. To this day still runs for fun and does the iron-man stuff. So John takes off running after the deer. Buck fever bad! When all was said and done the deer ran in a huge almost a mile circle finally dropping very close to John’s truck. During the pursuit, John reloaded his single shot black powder rifle 4 times on the run! While it is unclear how many of the 5 rounds hit the deer, at least the first and last ones did. Fricken Jarhead! I think the “assault” label lies on the human, not the iron.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

I hate using the term 'Assault Rifle' personally.

It's a Semi-Auto Rifle.

I can use a New Haven Semi-Auto .22 with 7 round mag to ASSUALT something. Does that make IT an Assault Rifle?

It's a term created by the media to do exactly what it has done. Make these rifles seem like something they are not. It's the Anti's Greatest Tool. Deception.

In fact the current Bozo DA we have now suggested this Brain Washing Type deception back in 1995.

I would like to hear from someone who agrees with these Anti-Gun folks, and hear just one single Law that they think should exist so we can discuss whether or not it would actually be effective.

Quote Originally Posted by 2tall View Post
    Stan, what is a secular progressive and what does it have to do with assault weapons? Why do assault weapons enter a discussion about CCP? Why do you own a AK or other such? So many questions!
    The secular progressives are those in the party formerly known as Democrats.
    They have a progressive agenda, which includes disarming the citizenry.

I do NOT own an "Avtomat Kalashnikova" aka: AK 47.
    I have been fired at with such, a distinctive sound one never forgets.

I do have a variety of weaponry in my possesion.
    Any time you wanna visit, I'd be proud to show you.
    Last edited by road kill; 12-18-2012 at 09:19 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis