The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Assault Weapons??

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Kind of bossey aren't you??

So, then you do NOT beleive in any new legislation to deal with any kind of gun laws (including assault weapons)???

If not, the you agree with me!!!! Can't agree with you Stan. Untill the laws on the books are reviewed and more so fully enforced, no one can say of different or additonal laws are needed. Maybe closing a few loopholes like no backround checks at gun shows, but I see no new laws needed at this time

Gotta find a way Regards
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Kiefer View Post
    Stan,
    There has been conflicting reports on the media of the type of weapons used at the school. First I too heard that the rifle was found in his mother's car.
    Then I heard he used it to shoot his way into the school.
    I personally see NO need for weapons that rapidfire THAT many rounds at anything whether it's hunting or protecting yourself.
    If I need something that shoots that many rounds that fast in the woods than I need to go back to the practice range or maybe find a target that is within normal safe gun range to start. That goes for birds as well.
    If I'm protecting myself from the buggerman I see NO need to shoot him that many times that fast when I know that 1 or 2 bullets will stop him, make him run or kill the poor bastard.
    Just my take on that type of assult weapon.
    Sue
    I'm sure everyone here knows this but as a reminder, the 2nd Amendment isnt about hunting.
    It is very easy to obtain body armor now. Pistols and shotguns may not be the best choice to protect your home.
    "The thing I admire about the rat tail is that it takes commitment. It's not like one day you just decide you want one, you have to grow out that bad boy and you have to repeatedly convince the hairdresser to trust you because it's a great idea."

Quote Originally Posted by Golddogs View Post

[QUOTE Originally Posted by road kill ]
    Kind of bossey aren't you??

So, then you do NOT beleive in any new legislation to deal with any kind of gun laws (including assault weapons)???

If not, the you agree with me!!!! Can't agree with you Stan. Untill the laws on the books are reviewed and more so fully enforced, no one can say of different or additonal laws are needed. Maybe closing a few loopholes like no backround checks at gun shows, but I see no new laws needed at this time

Gotta find a way Regards
    You do understand that I am steadfastly AGAINST any new gun laws, don't you?

I mean you admonish me for my spelling (and misspell words) and my reading skills, then argue with me against gun laws.
    Which we agree 100% on..........funny!

Is it too soon to wish a "MERRY CHRISTMAS???"
    Last edited by road kill; 12-18-2012 at 12:19 PM.
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by achiro View Post
    I'm sure everyone here knows this but as a reminder, the 2nd Amendment isnt about hunting.
    It is very easy to obtain body armor now. Pistols and shotguns may not be the best choice to protect your home.
    There is body armor available to the public to protect your face, head, arms and legs from #4 buckshot (.25) coming out of the muzzle at 1400fps at 10 yards?-Paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

Quote Originally Posted by paul young View Post
    There is body armor available to the public to protect your face, head, arms and legs from #4 buckshot (.25) coming out of the muzzle at 1400fps at 10 yards?-Paul
    I would hate to get a 3.5" #2 Black Cloud in the face!!!!
    Stan b & Elvis

So lets assume its year 2020 and there are no guns in America as of today. Back in 2012 assault rifles were used in mass kilings but since then, most wackos are using grandpa's shotgun, moms purse derringer and dads service revolver. So in 2020, we outlaw all guns. How will these wackos carry out their demonic attacks? I can think of a few right off the top:
    1. Fill moms car with open buckets of gas and drive into something while igniting it.
    2. do a mass poisoning? seems to be popular in countries with no guns.
    3. make home made pipe bombs from products gathered at a local hardware store.

I think once guns are outlawed, the list of other outlawed items will grow exponentially.

Why are rational people (at least most of you are) trying to come up with rational ideas on how to solve this? If your not a wacko, you need to think like a wacko in order to solve this. No one in a state of mind like that is going to think to themselves "gee, there are no guns available so I guess I just have to deal with it and not kill anyone!"

For all the hard work this group does to figure out how better to communicate with their dogs, you would think we would apply the same to the twisted, deranged, wacko, pshyco's out there. Anyone who thinks they can solve this problem without understanding this is a fool in my book.
    Last edited by RetrieverNation; 12-18-2012 at 12:58 PM.

For you Stan,

From the Urban Dictionary:
    Secular Progressive 60 up, 95 down
    A term coined by FoxNews' Bill O'Reilly to describe liberals in a negative way as a means to perpetuate the conservative myth that all liberals are evil and want to destroy America as we know it.

A thinly veiled attempt to further divide our country in a time of national crisis in order to solidify the conservative base of "Traditionalists" as described by Mr. O'Reilly.

Cary, are you saying the term "McCarthyites" is not real? Or referring to them as "Boy Scouts" is a cliche? Sorry, don't get your argument there.

Somehow the murder of 20 children has become another lib vs con name-calling fest. I hate that. Our problems are so much deeper than gun legislation.
    Carol,
    Owned and handled by Cruisin' with Indiana Jones, JH
    Alternate Handler: Westwind Buffalo Soldier
    Apprentice Handler: Snake River Medicine Man, JH
    http://newhoperetrievers.com

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    I was responding to another question Buzz.
    I agree, I don't beleive we should ask teachers to be armed.
    If we are serious, we should look at the model of security at schools that has been successful.
    Who might that be??

Oh, yeah, the Israeli's.
    My feeling is that if a teacher is qualified to have a Carry permit that they should have the Right to have it in the classroom, out of sight. That they have the Right to protect themselves just like any other law abiding citizen. We can NOT require this of all teachers becasue some will go into a anxiety attack at the sight of a pistol while others are well adapted in the handling of firearms. It is about choices.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by RetrieverNation View Post
    So lets assume there are no guns in America as of today. How will these wackos carry out their demonic attacks? I can think of a few right off the top:
    Getting rid of the weapons won't help; the very first murder was documented in the Old Testament - one brother strangling the other. Murder has to do with what is in your heart and soul, not what is in your hands.-Paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

Stan; I object to your characterization of Democrats. I am proudly a Democrat and proudly a gun owner. I plan to keep those two facts true until the day I die!!

Wikipedia:
    Progressivism is a general political philosophy advocating or favoring gradual social, political, and economic reform. Modern Progressivism emerged as part of a more general response to the vast social changes brought by industrialization.

It is left of center in the political spectrum and is to be contrasted with conservatism on the right and the revolutionary left, the former generally resisting changes it advocates and the latter rejecting its gradualism.
    The political fault line here is not Dems /Repubs , or Lib/Cons. It is more urban/ rural.
    Last edited by zeus3925; 12-18-2012 at 01:02 PM.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!