The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Assault Weapons??

Quote Originally Posted by Didley View Post

I wasn't even aware there were any of those left.
    plenty of us still around!
    Bryan Manning

Country Boy Retrievers
    HRCH BM's Crank It Up Daisy QAA "Daisy"
    Country Boys Locked n Loaded "Trigger"

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    They did that outside of a trailer park here, basically a RV where cops could do there paperwork and stuff, not staffed full time but instead of having 3 officers in the main office there was usually one posted in an area that had a high amount of calls.
    What you guys with your plans don't seem to understand is that in Newtown and the other surrounding small towns there are no large volumes of calls. We're talking mostly responding to traffic accidents and smashed mailboxes. The only time police are "busy" is during really bad weather.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    What you guys with your plans don't seem to understand is that in Newtown and the other surrounding small towns there are no large volumes of calls. We're talking mostly responding to traffic accidents and smashed mailboxes. The only time police are "busy" is during really bad weather.
    Sorry was never my plan, I was just responding to a comment, I live outside a town of 300, probably get about 2 calls a year. I would be willing to bet that in you were to look in the trunks in the high school parking lots around my area you would find guns in probably 30% of them, heck we use to build them in shop class along with brass cannons, yet not a whole lot of shoot-outs. I know a lot of soldiers and a lot of teachers and I wouldn't say that the soldiers were any more stable than the teachers yet I don't see a lot of soldiers going postal, just a thought.

Sadly, suicide rates of those returning from war are some of the highest of any sub-group in the country.
    Mioaks Southbound Sammy JH
    Leatherwood's Here's Your One Chance Fancy

"Luck is the residue of design"- Branch Rickey

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    Sorry was never my plan, I was just responding to a comment, I live outside a town of 300, probably get about 2 calls a year. I would be willing to bet that in you were to look in the trunks in the high school parking lots around my area you would find guns in probably 30% of them, heck we use to build them in shop class along with brass cannons, yet not a whole lot of shoot-outs. I know a lot of soldiers and a lot of teachers and I wouldn't say that the soldiers were any more stable than the teachers yet I don't see a lot of soldiers going postal, just a thought.
    I'm from one of those small towns in that area. In that town the police station is almost next to the school with k-2. The main firehouse is the only in between. Less than a one minute walk. Only thing is, the police station does not really have any officers in it.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Turner View Post
    Sadly, suicide rates of those returning from war are some of the highest of any sub-group in the country.
    You are absolutely right, exactly why psych evals. would be mandatory. I would also say with no fact to back this up so just a theory that a lot of those soldiers either couldn't find a job or that the job they was not filling a void to protect. Of course you have to deal with the PTSD but maybe something occupy there minds would help and just visiting with the kids day in and day out would help. I don't know if thats an answer or not but also if not that then they could at least use there training to teach the teachers. Very complicated situation but I can tell you one thing I would much rather have somebody there that might be able to save my child than no chance at all.
    Bryan Manning

Country Boy Retrievers
    HRCH BM's Crank It Up Daisy QAA "Daisy"
    Country Boys Locked n Loaded "Trigger"

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Manning View Post
    You are absolutely right, exactly why psych evals. would be mandatory. I would also say with no fact to back this up so just a theory that a lot of those soldiers either couldn't find a job or that the job they was not filling a void to protect. Of course you have to deal with the PTSD but maybe something occupy there minds would help and just visiting with the kids day in and day out would help. I don't know if thats an answer or not but also if not that then they could at least use there training to teach the teachers. Very complicated situation but I can tell you one thing I would much rather have somebody there that might be able to save my child than no chance at all.
    I completely agree.
    Mioaks Southbound Sammy JH
    Leatherwood's Here's Your One Chance Fancy

"Luck is the residue of design"- Branch Rickey

Borderline personalities can be difficult to detect.

Great portrayal of one by Bill Murray in "What about Bob?"
    Sarge

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!