The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Assault Weapons??

Quote Originally Posted by cotts135 View Post
    6. A teacher snaps pulls the weapon starts shooting his students. Unlikely but a possibility.
    Do you put corks on your forks so you don't stab yourself in the face while eating?

Dustin,
    I was thinking something very similar to your response. If we looked at every "what if" that could occur in our daily lives...geez I shudder to think! I just hope I make it home safely today in rush hour traffic. No joke!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cotts135 View Post
    6. A teacher snaps pulls the weapon starts shooting his students. Unlikely but a possibility.
    Sure. It's possible that anyone with a gun could snap at any time and start shooting people. The same way a bus driver could snalp and start running people over.

But at least the teacher would have gone through background checks etc to get properly licensed.

I heard a report today that said the police station is 2.3 miles from the school. It took twenty minutes for the first responder to arrive. Can you imagine being in there that long with no real way to protect yourself or the kids? We really don't believe the people that we allow in the school are trustworthy enough to be able to handle a gun in such an emergency?

Quote Originally Posted by dixidawg View Post
    I heard a report today that said the police station is 2.3 miles from the school. It took twenty minutes for the first responder to arrive. Can you imagine being in there that long with no real way to protect yourself or the kids? We really don't believe the people that we allow in the school are trustworthy enough to be able to handle a gun in such an emergency?

We trust them with educating our children, but not saving their life?

Most teachers are also Parents and the majority women? Ever get in between a Momma and her cubs?

I think teachers are smart enough and bold enough and care enough to handle the Training Proficiently and be well capable of putting rounds on target when their kids are being threatened.

Maybe I have too much faith in teachers?

Right now across the nation and especially here in Louisiana Firearms Instructors are offering free Basic Defensive Handgun courses and many are offering Concealed handgun Classes FOR FREE to Teachers who qualify.

Quote Originally Posted by dixidawg View Post
    Sure. It's possible that anyone with a gun could snap at any time and start shooting people. The same way a bus driver could snalp and start running people over.

But at least the teacher would have gone through background checks etc to get properly licensed.

Simple: station a cop in the school. Put several in for that matter. But put a firearm in a rookie elementary teacher's hands? I may be over generalizing but in my experience those people hate guns and want to see them sent off to the scrap yard ASAP.
    Last edited by zeus3925; 12-19-2012 at 03:30 PM.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

If you've never heard it, you should.

Luby's massacre
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luby's_massacre

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    Simple: station a cop in the school. Put several in for that matter. But put a firearm in a rookie elementary teacher's hands? I may be over generalizing but in my experience those people hate guns and want to see them sent off to the scrap yard ASAP.

I just sent an email to my Congressman urging him to seek funding to help our state do just that. I asked him to cut funding on programs that have a lot of waste and divert them to do this. Knowing there is an armed policeman at every school would certainly be a big deterrent to these nut cases. And if they decide to try their luck, at least there would be someone there to call in back up and engage them.-Paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

For those of you against guns. Remember Timothy Mc Veigh? He killed 19 children under the age of 6 and 100+ adults and he didn't use a gun. He used a bomb, should we ban fertilizer and diesel fuel? 9-11 hundreds of people died no guns used either, ban planes? The point I'm trying to make is people kill people not guns. This is a NEW world, take ALL the guns off the face of the earth and I bet the killing are not going to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by TY 4 View Post
    For those of you against guns. Remember Timothy Mc Veigh? He killed 19 children under the age of 6 and 100+ adults and he didn't use a gun. He used a bomb, should we ban fertilizer and diesel fuel? 9-11 hundreds of people died no guns used either, ban planes? The point I'm trying to make is people kill people not guns. This is a NEW world, take ALL the guns off the face of the earth and I bet the killing are not going to stop.

And after that it became harder to obtain the components to repeat that horrid act.

Policies were enhanced following the takeover of the airlines and chances of it re-occuring are slim.

Acts of horrific violence will continue, but we don't have to make it easy to carry out.
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

Quote Originally Posted by TY 4 View Post
    We should also remember what incited McVeigh - had the government not been so generous in the support of the Wacko's many wives the siege would have been unnecessary. The MSM quickly forgets the many overkill's of their chosen party .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!