The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Assault Weapons??

Quote Originally Posted by cotts135 View Post
    I am just not convinced that arming all the teachers with a weapon is the answer. Somewhere in this thread it was mentioned that the odds of this happening are incredible small. Does anyone think that with all those weapons in classrooms that those odds are going to go down?

Giving all teachers weapons is as extreme an idea on the right as the lefts solution to ban all weapons from everyone.

The solution is somewhere between those. A good start though is having cops in the schools.
    Maybe I missed it, but where did anyone suggest we arm all the teachers?

The armed teacher argument is valid. Of course the immediate, knee-jerk argument is WHAT IF THE TEACHERS GO CRAZY?! Well, they can still go crazy on any other day with a pair of scissors, yet I haven't ever heard of it.

Personally, I think an armed police officer or two would be better. At my church we have 2 or 3 armed officers posted at the entrances inside the church.

You're not talking about the banning of "assault weapons." That is a false term created by Holder and his lunatic, like-minded people. An assault weapon is a weapon capable of both automatic and semi-automatic fire. That was the definition until so many people were incorrectly using the term, that society forced the actual definition to be changed to include guns that only fire semi-automatically. What is being talked about is the banning of semi-automatic rifles with things like a pistol-grip, collapsible stock, bayonet lug (I laugh about that one), and removable magazine.

You should all be offended that these people are trying to capitalize on your ignorance to fulfill their agenda. The arguments they use are ALL inaccurate. I believe it was the mayor in Connecticut that said "no one uses these guns to hunt deer;" False. Many, many people use them to hunt deer, hogs, coyotes, squirrels, raccoons, etc, etc, etc. That argument really pisses me off. For one, it's not true. And even if it were true, it doesn't matter. The second amendment has NOTHING to do with hunting rights. It is there as a last check on the government.

Our founding fathers were very intelligent. They were coming from oppression and understood what it meant for the populace to have some power against their government. I don't feel our government means to remove the rights (other than our 2nd amendment) from us right now, but through our own arrogance we focus on the here and now with no thought to the future and the administrations that come and may desire to oppress the people.

For those of you on the fence with this issue, please take some time to familiarize yourself with what the bans actually do (nothing). I'd invite you guys out to the range, but I sold my semi-automatic rifle this summer. They are nothing to be afraid of. What I fear are psychopaths. It doesn't matter what they're armed with.
    Joshua T.

Quote Originally Posted by Didley View Post
    I believe it was the mayor in Connecticut that said "no one uses these guns to hunt deer;" False. Many, many people use them to hunt deer, hogs, coyotes, squirrels, raccoons, etc, etc, etc.
    I didn't know I wasn't supposed to use it deer hunting. I guess I assaulted 2 deer and a coyote this year..

If I thought for 1 second that if I gave up all my guns and gun rights that it would have stopped what happened or anything in the future I would do it in a heart beat. But that's just not rational thinking. Let's figure out a way to protect our children not make them sitting ducks!
    Bryan Manning

Country Boy Retrievers
    HRCH BM's Crank It Up Daisy QAA "Daisy"
    Country Boys Locked n Loaded "Trigger"

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Manning View Post
    I didn't know I wasn't supposed to use it deer hunting. I guess I assaulted 2 deer and a coyote this year..

If I thought for 1 second that if I gave up all my guns and gun rights that it would have stopped what happened or anything in the future I would do it in a heart beat. But that's just not rational thinking. Let's figure out a way to protect our children not make them sitting ducks!
    I agree with what you're saying, but you have to remember, our 2nd amendment is there to protect us from over-reaching administrations as well as criminals meaning to do us harm.
    Joshua T.

Quote Originally Posted by cotts135 View Post
    I am just not convinced that arming all the teachers with a weapon is the answer. Somewhere in this thread it was mentioned that the odds of this happening are incredible small. Does anyone think that with all those weapons in classrooms that those odds are going to go down?
    NO! That's the point we've been trying to make. You can't make evil people not be evil. The point is that when they decide to be evil, we meet them on the playing field with Equal or Greater Force!

Quote Originally Posted by dixidawg View Post
    Maybe I missed it, but where did anyone suggest we arm all the teachers?
    No one said that, it's just another attempt to exaggerate a logical point to the point of an illogical suggestion by way of erecting a strawman argument.

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    Don't even have to do that. Either put cop stations in a wing of the school or somewhere on the grounds. It could serve the community and be close for quick response.
    Like the WalMart in St Paul.
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

Didley I agree and understand even though it's not a laughing matter sometimes I can't help myself because political thinking is just ridiculous. See I am not a democrat nor am I a republican I am an American!
    Bryan Manning

Country Boy Retrievers
    HRCH BM's Crank It Up Daisy QAA "Daisy"
    Country Boys Locked n Loaded "Trigger"

Quote Originally Posted by Golddogs View Post
    Like the WalMart in St Paul.
    They did that outside of a trailer park here, basically a RV where cops could do there paperwork and stuff, not staffed full time but instead of having 3 officers in the main office there was usually one posted in an area that had a high amount of calls.

Sorry if this has been said because I did not read this whole thread.

But I have two proposals to this problem:

First I believe it could be required that at least 10-15% of the faculty at all schools should carry. And I can guarantee that at least that many will come forward willing to do so. But I don't believe that just obtaining a conceal carry Is enough. A special 2 week camp designed just for teachers with weapons training and emergency response training. You will have to renew this every year while school is out. And if you don't pass you don't carry! Along with a psychiatric assessment.

Second choice is there are thousands of veterans looking for jobs so give them one. Again psychiatric assessment would be required. But these wonderful people need some one to protect it's the way they where trained it's in there blood. Put at least 1 in each school. Government program should pays these soldiers. I know doesn't sound like much or we are in debt enough but i would gladly pay a new tax to fund such a program. The government has spent millions training these fine men and women to defend this country only to bring them back and say we don't need you any more. let's give these men and women someone to protect! And they could also be the ones running the previous mentioned 2 week camps.
    Bingo ! I would sure vote for this.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Didley I agree and understand even though it's not a laughing matter sometimes I can't help myself because political thinking is just ridiculous. See I am not a democrat nor am I a republican I am an American!

I wasn't even aware there were any of those left.
    Joshua T.