The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Assault Weapons??

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Everything I have read says the "bushmaster" was left in the car.
    You guys always have to exagerate to make your weak points! Not sure what news you are listening to but current reports list the rifle as the weapon used. Also reported was the discovery of "Hundreds of rounds in magizines not yet used " becasue of the swift police response. .223 or 7.62 X 39 are small calibers.
    Low-power, inaccurate weapons that look mean. BS. Unless you have a really crappy platform or surplus, most AR platforms can put sub inch groups at 100-250 yds consistently. Small calliber does not equate to inaccurate. And with frangible bullets, they are deadly.

It's all emotion with you guys! And Stan, most of the "secular's " use facts and data in there responses not regurgitated retoric heard on the radio.
    While it is not an assault rifle, it is a deadly addition if used in a horrific manner.

Cool the posturing and focus on some solutions Regards
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Last night on the news I saw that the shooter was using a rifle equipped with this.

and the news originally reported that the shooter's mother was the teacher at the school, when in fact she was an occasional volunteer at the school...

Did you also notice how quickly the media named the brands of the guns used (Glock, Sig Sauer, Bushmaster)

whether or not the shooter used a drum magazine, or even extended mags in the handguns is not really the issue , but if it fits the narrative and makes the guns look more sinister the better to advance the agenda
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Stan,
    There has been conflicting reports on the media of the type of weapons used at the school. First I too heard that the rifle was found in his mother's car.
    Then I heard he used it to shoot his way into the school.
    I personally see NO need for weapons that rapidfire THAT many rounds at anything whether it's hunting or protecting yourself.
    If I need something that shoots that many rounds that fast in the woods than I need to go back to the practice range or maybe find a target that is within normal safe gun range to start. That goes for birds as well.
    If I'm protecting myself from the buggerman I see NO need to shoot him that many times that fast when I know that 1 or 2 bullets will stop him, make him run or kill the poor bastard.
    Just my take on that type of assult weapon.
    Sue
    Never confuse activity with success.

"Ummmmmmm Isn't a word." Judge Judy

Last night on the news I saw that the shooter was using a rifle equipped with this.
    You can hear it all you want but that doesn't make it true. You'll need to provide at least some shred of information that backs up that claim.

B/c so far I heard that it was an AR15 Bushmaster (CA MODEL)
    http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2012/...sold-in-socal/
    which (WOULD) mean, that the Mag capacity was no more than 10 rounds per Mag and that Mag must NOT be detachable.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AR-15s_in_California
    Last edited by Dustin D; 12-18-2012 at 09:31 AM.

Point #1--That is NOT, I repeat NOT an assault weapon, that is an after market add on magazine.
    And I defy you to produce one credible report that says he used that in the commision of this crime.
    Everything I have read says the "bushmaster" was left in the car.
    Point #2--NO, you could NOT take out an entire herd with that.

You guys always have to exagerate to make your weak points!

.223 or 7.62 X 39 are small calibers.
    Low-power, inaccurate weapons that look mean.

It's all emotion with you guys!

This article from yesterday's USA today identifies the Bushmaster as the weapon. I was mistaken about the clip he used, he had a pile of 30 round clips. This one will hold 90 rounds. Probably easier to swap out the 30 round ones than this thing. Easier to carry too.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...tings/1772825/

I realize that clip is an after market add on. Do you think I'm stupid or something???

Here is the website description of the clip. We all need something like that, think of the FUN we could have!

Ultra High Capacity For Increased Shooting Fun

Precision built, ultra-high capacity, drum-style magazine allows extended shooting strings and plenty of shooting fun with your favorite AR-15 or M16 rifle. Made from extra-strong polycarbonate resin with a clear back cover so you can see at a glance the remaining rounds. Holds a maximum of 90 rounds of .223 Rem./5.56 NATO ammunition and is guaranteed not to jam or malfunction. Offset design keeps the weight of all rounds directly below the magazine well, so the balance point of your rifle remains unchanged. Very easy to load, includes a 10-round loading chute and stripper clips to help speed reloads.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

This article from yesterday's USA today identifies the Bushmaster as the weapon. I was mistaken about the clip he used, he had a pile of 30 round clips. This one will hold 90 rounds. Probably easier to swap out the 30 round ones than this thing. Easier to carry too.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...tings/1772825/

I realize that clip is an after market add on. Do you think I'm stupid or something??? Based on your post, I wasn't sure if you knew the difference.........
    Here is the website description of the clip. We all need something like that, think of the FUN we could have!

Precision built, ultra-high capacity, drum-style magazine allows extended shooting strings and plenty of shooting fun with your favorite AR-15 or M16 rifle. Made from extra-strong polycarbonate resin with a clear back cover so you can see at a glance the remaining rounds. Holds a maximum of 90 rounds of .223 Rem./5.56 NATO ammunition and is guaranteed not to jam or malfunction. Offset design keeps the weight of all rounds directly below the magazine well, so the balance point of your rifle remains unchanged. Very easy to load, includes a 10-round loading chute and stripper clips to help speed reloads.
    Do you really beleive that eliminating these weapons will solve this issue??
    This is based on whipped up emotion and not letting a tragedy go to waste.
    "Rules for Radicals."

I guaruntee you I can out shoot a bushmaster .223 at 250 yards with some weapons I own.
    And the calibers are much larger than a .223.
    Stan b & Elvis

http://www.brownells.com/magazines/r...prod23282.aspx

So RK, you keep saying that a .223 isn't a high powered weapon. So I guess one of those equipped with one of these isn't a powerful and destructive weapon?

I'm getting one of these & deer hunting with it. I can take out an entire herd with that bad boy!

Many states do not allow .223 for deer hunting as they believe it to be underpowered.

Quote Originally Posted by Golddogs View Post
    While it is not an assault rifle, it is a deadly addition if used in a horrific manner.

Cool the posturing and focus on some solutions Regards
    Making more laws will not make outlaws obey them.

The whipped up emotional outrage over "assault weapons" would be "cool posturing" to the ultimate.

A tri tronic e-collar can be used in an "horrific manner."
    Stan b & Elvis

I was mistaken about the clip he used, he had a pile of 30 round clips.

I realize that clip is an after market add on.

Here is the website description of the clip.

Note in the info you provided they don't call it a 'clip'

Precision built, ultra-high capacity, drum-style magazine allows extended shooting strings and plenty of shooting fun with your favorite AR-15 or M16 rifle. Made from extra-strong polycarbonate resin with a clear back cover so you can see at a glance the remaining rounds. Holds a maximum of 90 rounds of .223 Rem./5.56 NATO ammunition and is guaranteed not to jam or malfunction. Offset design keeps the weight of all rounds directly below the magazine well, so the balance point of your rifle remains unchanged. Very easy to load, includes a 10-round loading chute and stripper clips to help speed reloads
    It's a Magazine. Just sharing/

Do you really beleive that eliminating these weapons will solve this issue??
    This is based on whipped up emotion and not letting a tragedy go to waste.
    "Rules for Radicals."

I guaruntee you I can out shoot a bushmaster .223 at 250 yards with some weapons I own.
    And the calibers are much larger than a .223.

The issue is not shooting at 250 yards. There aren't too many 250 yard shots to make inside a school.

I am against arming teachers. I have no problem with hiring trained & armed security for schools. Putting a gun in everyone's hands isn't the answer. I have a permit to carry but I don't feel really comfortable about it, but I do it when I'm traveling alone.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)