The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Assault Weapons??

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    The secular progressives are those in the party formerly known as Democrats.
    They have a progressive agenda, which includes disarming the citizenry.Give us some facts Stan, not parroted comentary.

I do NOT own an "Avtomat Kalashnikova" aka: AK 47.
    I have been fired at with such, a distinctive sound one never forgets.

I do have a variety of weaponry in my possesion.
    Any time you wanna visit, I'd be proud to show you.

Stan, you do know that "secular's" in the Muslum countries are the ones trying to make things safe and secure and want to have peace between the US and their neighbors and the"religous right "of the region are the ones wanting to destroy us non-believers?

Seculars: One size does not fit all Regards
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

Quote Originally Posted by Golddogs View Post
    Stan, you do know that "secular's" in the Muslum countries are the ones trying to make things safe and secure and want to have peace between the US and their neighbors and the"religous right "of the region are the ones wanting to destroy us non-believers?
    Seculars: One size does not fit all Regards
    So, are you claiming Muslims "HATE" America?

Interesting thought.
    Stan b & Elvis

Nice deflection, OMG I let my fat finger slip, don't address the issue.
    YOU are posturing based solely on emotion, not facts.

Making more laws will not slow down outlaws.

The issue is broader than liberals feeling good about their knee jerk emotions.

Stan your responses are not unexpected. I should know better than to try to responde in a thoughtful manner with you.

IF, you can show where I advocate more laws, do it.

IF, you can show any response I have made to this thread is a "knee jerk" reaction, show it.

IF, you can show I am posturing on the issue, show it.

IF, you can prove I am a regestered liberal, prove it.

IF, you can show I am aginst owning any gun, show it.

Learn to read the written word Regards

Roadkilll wrote:
    "I guaruntee you I can out shoot a bushmaster .223 at 250 yards with some weapons I own.
    And the calibers are much larger than a .223. "

Maybe, big claim as we have never seen you shoot. But I digress.

Your comparison is way off. The murders were commited at extremly close range with a light weight, easily concealed, highly moble, and effective platform. The ease in which an AR platform can be made to be mis-used is, IMO, the issue, not the platform itself. I have not seen any magizines offered in the "holds 30 rounds" class for my BAR.

Again, Cool the posturing and work on solutions Regards
    "
    Golddogs I hate to tell you this, but if you don't think for one minute they aren't going after BAR's in this whole Assault Weapons Ban you are going to be heartbroken! Even people on this thread have posted about not needing guns that shoot like that, of course they are like many others don't have a clue what they are talking about. The "like that" comment means Semi-Auto's!! Trust me I have several BAR's, 742's and I am very worried about this whole "ban"!

We as responsible gun owners need to stick together, because if you give the anti's an inch, they are going to take a mile!! A ban on assault rifles is not going to do one thing to prevent these things from happening again. Until we have armed people in schools, it will continue. Anyone that doesn't think having armed people in schools works, just Google Pearl Mississippi school shooting and read what assistant principal Joel Myrick did to prevent a horrible incident from being even worse.
    Brandon Edmondson

Quote Originally Posted by 2tall View Post
    Stan, "Secular Progressive" is a term entirely created by Bill O'Reilly. If you read or listen to him expound on the subject, he makes McCarthyites look like Boy Scouts. If you break it down, it actually means "non religious affiliated person or group that seeks new and improved methods". Does NOT mean God hating communists. I know why we own the firearms we do, but definitely do not believe they should be bragged on, advertised, pushed on other people or placed in the hands of any person who accepts a teaching certificate. (I know a lot of really immature, not so bright teachers, also some very talented and capable individuals). What people fear from "assault weapons" is......uh.......assault! People today are so quick to use catch phrases and slogans, that the things are identified by their names, not their function. Weird freakin' world.
    PS, was that a new way of saying, "show me yours and I'll show you mine" Little too old for those kinda games!
    2tall, when I'm too old for that game, time to check out!!!!

I used that phrase long before O'Reilly.
    There is a progressive movement, Obama has called himself such.
    BTW--George Bush was a Harvard progressive.
    Harvard is the mecca of progressivism in the US.
    When your party boos God, well figger it out!

To me, secular progressives do NOT beleive in God or America as it was designed to be.
    Stan b & Elvis

Stan your responses are not unexpected. I should know better than to try to responde in a thoughtful manner with you.
    Feel free to not respond to me, in fact invoke the "ignore" feature if it suits you!!
    IF, you can show where I advocate more laws, do it.

IF, you can show any response I have made to this thread is a "knee jerk" reaction, show it.

IF, you can show I am posturing on the issue, show it.

IF, you can prove I am a regestered liberal, prove it.

IF, you can show I am aginst owning any gun, show it.

Learn to read the written word Regards
    Kind of bossey aren't you??

So, then you do NOT beleive in any new legislation to deal with any kind of gun laws (including assault weapons)???

If not, the you agree with me!!!!

It's all emotion with you guys! And Stan, most of the "secular's " use facts and data in there (since you started, did you mean "their??") responses not regurgitated retoric heard on the radio.
    Where exactly do you get your "facts??"
    Last edited by road kill; 12-18-2012 at 10:34 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Brandoned View Post
    Golddogs I hate to tell you this, but if you don't think for one minute they aren't going after BAR's in this whole Assault Weapons Ban you are going to be heartbroken! Even people on this thread have posted about not needing guns that shoot like that, of course they are like many others don't have a clue what they are talking about. The "like that" comment means Semi-Auto's!! Trust me I have several BAR's, 742's and I am very worried about this whole "ban"!

We as responsible gun owners need to stick together, because if you give the anti's an inch, they are going to take a mile!! A ban on assault rifles is not going to do one thing to prevent these things from happening again. Until we have armed people in schools, it will continue. Anyone that doesn't think having armed people in schools works, just Google Pearl Mississippi school shooting and read what assistant principal Joel Myrick did to prevent a horrible incident from being even worse.
    Completly agree, but, it must be done in a non-emotional manner. I contend that people who view AR platform rifles as evil tools are scared because of the association of the platform used by the military, and the ability to use these large magizines. Thats why I resent the damning of the platform. A stock AR is no different than a stock BAR, and that is the message I feel needs to be focused on.

The plaform has a bad immage and it should be pointed out that it is not the cause of a sick individual deciding to murder a classroom of children. Gun owners sticking together will only go so far if a scared nation forms against us due to misinformation or just plain ignorance. Sensible soluitons are out there, we just need to fully engage and work toward finding them.

Don't want to live in fear Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by 2tall View Post
    Stan, "Secular Progressive" is a term entirely created by Bill O'Reilly. If you read or listen to him expound on the subject, he makes McCarthyites look like Boy Scouts. If you break it down, it actually means "non religious affiliated person or group that seeks new and improved methods". Does NOT mean God hating communists. I know why we own the firearms we do, but definitely do not believe they should be bragged on, advertised, pushed on other people or placed in the hands of any person who accepts a teaching certificate. (I know a lot of really immature, not so bright teachers, also some very talented and capable individuals). What people fear from "assault weapons" is......uh.......assault! People today are so quick to use catch phrases and slogans, that the things are identified by their names, not their function. Weird freakin' world.
    PS, was that a new way of saying, "show me yours and I'll show you mine" Little too old for those kinda games!
    You define what O'Reilly means by the term secular progressive as if it were fact. I have to dissagree. I believe he uses the term to refer to a "non religious affiliated person or group that seeks old and failed methods of government". An example that being the Failed USSR which not only eliminated religions from gov. but persecuted them whether they be Jewish, Catholic, Protestant or Moslem. I would call your phrase "MAKES McCARTHYITES LOOK LIKE BOY SCOUTS" a catch phrase would you not???

I would not be surprised if there were "really immature, not so bright" policemen or Judges or business owners(including dentists), all have been known to possess guns at their place of work. It has been shown that judges, local, state and federal have kept guns behind the bench.

I have always felt you should let the parents send their children to school of their choice via vouchers. There would, to be sure, many alternatives tried and the best would prevail. That idea is proobably to radically liberal and progressive and makes me a radical liberal. At least it would not propagate more laws, rules, regulations, and firmly established failed policies as a solution to the problem.

I do have one question. Are you aware of the effects of either a teacher or principle using a weapon to stop such events in a school?

Completly agree, but, it must be done in a non-emotional manner. I contend that people who view AR platform rifles as evil tools are scared because of the association of the platform used by the military, and the ability to use these large magizines. Thats why I resent the damning of the platform. A stock AR is no different than a stock BAR, and that is the message I feel needs to be focused on.

The plaform has a bad immage and it should be pointed out that it is not the cause of a sick individual deciding to murder a classroom of children. Gun owners sticking together will only go so far if a scared nation forms against us due to misinformation or just plain ignorance. Sensible soluitons are out there, we just need to fully engage and work toward finding them.

Don't want to live in fear Regards.
    Pretty much what I have been stating throughout this thread.
    So, I guess your attacks are personal and have nothing to do with the topic what so ever.

Thanks for the spelling lesson though!!

If people want to correct spelling, it is "THEIR" perogative!!!!
    Stan b & Elvis

2tall, when I'm too old for that game, time to check out!!!!
    and I hear Jeff Foxworthy's voice talkin'...... "Like a Basset Hound in a shower cap!"
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin