The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Assault Weapons??

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    That like the corollary argument is that all Republicans want to close out public hunting lands and drill any that's left. Both statements are gross exaggerations, Stan.
    No, I beleive the secular progressives claim the Republicans want to starve and kill (push granny off of a cliff).
    And they beleive that.

Or you to denying the existance of the group when Obama and Clinton both have described themselves as such?

zeuss, you may well be a JFK Democrat, or a HHH Democrat, but in my travels, there are not many of you left.
    Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid are not Democrats.
    Read about progressivism.....then listen to Obama's speech about "fundamentally transforming America" and tell me that is not the very definition of progressivism.

Sorry, I know what I see and hear.
    You may not like it, resulting in distasteful comments coming my way, but it's OK. I have been thru worse.

I do respect where you are, you traveled many roads to get there.
    I find it amusing that progressives (those that support progressivism and it's disciples) bristle at the identification of what they stand for.

And, you will ultimately win.
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin D View Post
    "incremental secular progressivism" personified.

(even though there is no such thing!!)
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    The issue is not shooting at 250 yards. There aren't too many 250 yard shots to make inside a school.

I am against arming teachers. I have no problem with hiring trained & armed security for schools. Putting a gun in everyone's hands isn't the answer. I have a permit to carry but I don't feel really comfortable about it, but I do it when I'm traveling alone.
    Me too or when I'm with someone.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Do you really beleive that eliminating these weapons will solve this issue??
    This is based on whipped up emotion and not letting a tragedy go to waste.
    "Rules for Radicals."

I guaruntee you I can out shoot a bushmaster .223 at 250 yards with some weapons I own.
    And the calibers are much larger than a .223.
    This is a false equivalency your promoting here. Does it matter what caliber it is if it's killing humans? Yeah I agree with you that it is a small caliber in the larger scope of things and not something you would try to knock down a Rhino with, but for humans it is deadly efficient.

Quote Originally Posted by cotts135 View Post
    This is a false equivalency your promoting here. Does it matter what caliber it is if it's killing humans? Yeah I agree with you that it is a small caliber in the larger scope of things and not something you would try to knock down a Rhino with, but for humans it is deadly efficient.
    These weapons are identified in the state run media as "HIGH POWERED."

That is incorrect.
    If I had posted that you would be correcting me immediately.
    These are NOT High powered rifles.
    That was my point.

Your side always has to exagerate to fluff up a weak point.

Make all the laws you want.
    Outlaws will not even read them.
    Stan b & Elvis

Cotts135, so exactly what caliber would not be effective for hunting humans? I'm thinking any (and I emphasize any) caliber gun can be potentially deadly when targeting human beings. The one SMALL point that some people fail to realize or admit is a mentally-deranged individual (not the gun) did the unimaginable when he made a decision to kill innocent children and adults at Sandy Hook Elementary School. I'm really not sure if the caliber of gun made that much of a difference. This atrocity was done by a mad-man who choose to use guns as his instruments of destruction instead of explosives, a knife, his car, etc.
    Last edited by coachmo; 12-18-2012 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2tall View Post
    I quoted the Urban Dictionary as it is the only one I could find with a definition. You guys did not accept or did not understand when I broke the term down and gave the def for its parts. As far as the bolded quotes, I certainly agree that they are the type of catch phrases and fear/hate mongering I despise. McCarthy used many such comments to further his own agenda. And I am sorry if you consider my use of Boy Scouts to represent what is good and decent too cliched.

It would appear to me that your McCarthy- Boy Scout phrase in order to vilify O'Reilly is exactly the type of phrase-slogan that you profess to despise. That is what I meant by the pot calling the kettle black. Given the supposed definition of Secular Progressive by the so called urban dictionary, I would rate it right up there with the Arian Nation, no better and no worse.

I give up Cary. I admit to being completely confused by your comments on my comments. I don't even know O'Reilly, much less vilify him.. The definition provided by urban dictionary is the only one I found when looking it up. As to comparing "Arian nation" to secular progressives...... Just mystified. Carry on.
    Carol,
    Owned and handled by Cruisin' with Indiana Jones, JH
    Alternate Handler: Westwind Buffalo Soldier
    Apprentice Handler: Snake River Medicine Man, JH
    http://newhoperetrievers.com

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Finally....someone else thinks that the gun issue is not a D vs R or Lib vs Con

for many including those of us here on the RTF, guns are part of our lifestyle and outdoor activities

for many including those on the RTF, their use for guns goes no further than needing one to shoot the flyer in the first series of the test/trial

I get that some on here dont think that "assault type weapons" are necessary in society, but it leads to a slippery slope when you start banning weapons
    The issue, no matter whether it be gun rights, homosexual rights, labor rights, ect., is really individual freedoms as opposed to collective rights. Many solutions have been offered here and all have been criticised. That is to be expected for there is no perfect solution. Does anyone really doubt that each and every one of us want children protected, sheltered, nurtured, and raised free of such fear at so young an age? Many here grew up hiding under desks during nuclear war drills. I'm sure our parents were sad that we had to experience such things. Each person here sincerely believes that their solution is the best possible and I respect that. I have no idea why one would want to kill 20 kindergarten children. I don't even know the difference between an assault weapon and one that is not.

This is truly an issue of how we deal with each other, how we respect each other and communicate in a civil manner willing to disaagree but also willing to tolerate each's opinion. Could we talk about what doesn't work and what can work best in a civil manner?