The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: the other "Real Issue"

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    If the Newtown school had guns in a locked safe, they would still be sitting there nice and safe. It happened too quick. The guns need to be readily available... As in on your person...
    Agree 100%. I think if a teacher wants to carry and has trained that they should be allowed to do so. I feel that teachers who are engaged in teaching are very poor at seeing things outside of the kids in their room. I feel that we need someone who is on the look out for a problem at all times. Plus, there are schools where some kids would try to take the gun away from a teacher ( and probably get it done ). More than one problem to be solved with how this is handled.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    Here's another thing. Why does everyone keep saying the guns he used in this crime were legally purchased?
    They were stolen. He stole the from his mother. He did not purchase them legally......
    This is a huge issue I have with this fiasco. I think all of us know or know of somebody with respiratory illness. Who are using oxygen in the home. These people do not allow smoking in the home. Oxygen plus lit flame equals boom. On occasion some of these people are stupid and a home explodes. The lit flame or cigarette is never chastised.
    Now mental illness is just like respiratory illness. Just because we cannot see the brain cough and hack don’t mean in isn’t. This home should not have had guns left about. Mental illness plus guns equals boom!
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    .................................................. .................................................. .........................Mental illness plus guns equals boom![/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
    I think you have it right. I believe that mental illness and retardation are very good reasons for removing guns from that person's reach. A lot of people with those problems are not thinking clearly a lot of the time.
    Even though people tell us that some of these people are super smart they may not have any judgement capacity to go along with that high I.Q. It's a recipe for something bad ( to happen ).

P.S. I have wondered if the mother was in fear for her life and that was part of the reason for her guns. I can't imagine a mother in her right mind shooting her child but some family members have had to defend themselves against a family member that they loved.
    Last edited by charly_t; 12-19-2012 at 01:00 PM.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

If she was fearful the guns should have been locked in a gun safe and he shouldnt have had the combination. They say the motive was she was in the process of having him committed .
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

Quote Originally Posted by gmhr1 View Post
    If she was fearful the guns should have been locked in a gun safe and he shouldnt have had the combination. They say the motive was she was in the process of having him committed .

I had never heard how those guns were kept. That said with his I.Q. he probably had figured out how to get the combination. I have no knowledge of modern gun cabinets/safes.
    charly

~Will Rogers~