The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OK one last question

I am in the mood to get beat up today! so here goes!!

Lets Talk about Image.

I have attended MANY MANY gun shows in the past... I think they have really changed in the past decade or so. many More boothes of "Black Guns" Tatical equiptment, Clothes, Body armour, ect.
    Ammo belts that hold large amounts of ammo.. Night taticle scopes, Night range finders..
    Desgin guns that really arnt Assult weapons,, Just look like them,,, or,, deliberataly take a normal looking weapon,, and turn it ito someting that LOOKS LIKE, to the uneducated,, something evil,, and to be feared

Whats that Image portray to the gerneral populace? Do you think it breeds fear? Do you think it portrays gun owners as "Kooks"
    Do you think the media doesnt salivate over the opportunity to dispaly this??

If we take the attitude,, "Its our right,, and there is nothing you can do about it"
    Do you think that attitude will breed fear,,, and the general populace that doesnt understand guns,,,, the second ammendment,, and has slowly become somewhat the majority,, will vote our rights away beacuse of "In your Face" actions.

So so everyone understands where I stand... I am very Pro gun!!

I think we have made a HUGE mistake in displaying a percieved image...

I dont think deliberatly designing guns to LOOK like assult type weapons,,,, or purchasing clothes ,much like a golf ensamble, to make your self look like a weekend swat team member, does our gun rights group much good!!!

I believe we need an Image of "nothing to fear",, and infact,, maybe a preventative against evil..

Go ahead,,, beat me up!!!

Last edited by MooseGooser; 12-19-2012 at 10:46 AM.
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

Quote Originally Posted by MooseGooser View Post
    I am in the mood to get beat up today! so here goes!!

Lets Talk about Image.

I have attended MANY MANY gun shows in the past... I think they have really changed in the past decade or so. many More boothes of "Black Guns" Tatical equiptment, Clothes, Body armour, ect.
    Ammo belts that hold large amounts of ammo.. Night taticle scopes, Night range finders..
    Desgin guns that really arnt Assult weapons,, Just look like them,,, or,, deliberataly take a normal looking weapon,, and turn it ito someting that LOOKS LIKE, to the uneducated,, something evil,, and to be feared

Whats that Image portray to the gerneral populace? Do you think it breeds fear? Do you think it portrays gun owners as "Kooks"
    Do you think the media doesnt salivate over the opportunity to dispaly this??

If we take the attitude,, "Its our right,, and there is nothing you can do about it"
    Do you think that attitude will breed fear,,, and the general populace that doesnt understand guns,,,, the second ammendment,, and has slowly become somewhat the majority,, will vote our rights away beacuse of "In your Face" actions.

So so everyone understands where I stand... I am very Pro gun!!

I think we have made a HUGE mistake in displaying a percieved image...

I dont think deliberatly designing guns to LOOK like assult type weapons,,,, or purchasing clothes ,much like a golf ensamble, to make your self look like a weekend swat team member, does our gun rights group much good!!!

I believe we need an Image of "nothing to fear",, and infact,, maybe a preventative against evil..

Go ahead,,, beat me up!!!

Gooser I don't think you wrong at all. Perception in matters like this are very important, and taking a combative positon hinders the re-education of people who fear all guns. A us against them attitude is not going to help us change perceptions.

Way harder to condem a photo showing a dad and his kids hunting birds than a bunch of pot bellied wanna be swat guys all tricked out.
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

Quote Originally Posted by Golddogs View Post
    Gooser I don't think you wrong at all. Perception in matters like this are very important, and taking a combative positon hinders the re-education of people who fear all guns. A us against them attitude is not going to help us change perceptions.

Way harder to condem a photo showing a dad and his kids hunting birds than a bunch of pot bellied wanna be swat guys all tricked out.
    I'm curious about your third picture here Mike. We see what appears to be young hunter holding a bird, yet he is posed with what appears to be a scoped rifle? Perception is everything. Eh? JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

I could be mistaken but that appears to me to be a pronghorn. Eh?

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    I'm curious about your third picture here Mike. We see what appears to be young hunter holding a bird, yet he is posed with what appears to be a scoped rifle? Perception is everything. Eh? JD
    Look again! That's an Antilocapra americana, ​no feathers, just hooves and hair.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    Look again! That's an Antilocapra americana, ​no feathers, just hooves and hair.
    Yeah, camera angle I guess. Where's the prong horns? In his hands? JD

FWIW I think some of you should recognize that there are pro-gun, hunting lefties out here also. If it wasn't for those like me, your numbers would likely be in decline.
    (To quote; ..."just sayin"....) JD

I still have to wonder about pic #1 w/ the pink rifle. M. Baker?
    Last edited by JDogger; 12-22-2012 at 12:01 AM.
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Our chapter of "The Quail Coalition" has been auctioning and raffling off pink pistols, rifles, shotguns, and tasers for quite a while. Always a big hit!
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    Our chapter of "The Quail Coalition" has been auctioning and raffling off pink pistols, rifles, shotguns, and tasers for quite a while. Always a big hit!
    Yeah pink duck calls and pink whistles for breast cancer have been around for a while now. Saw a few around at the fall Grand in OK. JD

Picture of the young hunter with a "Bird".....

Young Hunter is my son..

The "Bird" is an antelope...

It was a TROPHY hunt of sorts...

The quest was determined long before even the application for a tag started.. The reason you seevery little Prong of horns,, is because the animal is a Doe.. the Female of the specie.. What make it a bit of a trophy... Was our quest in the hunt. That Doe antelope does have horns... They are small nothing like a Bucks,, but indeed they are there.. Somewhat rare..
    It now pairs the buck mount that he took a couple years earlier.

The Wyoming hunt incorporated searchin and spotting, for two days to find one,, (Kinda rare) then approximatly a 3 hour stalk to get into position for the shot.

The Rifle is that Young mans first rifle, given to him by me, five years earlier... Ruger M77, .270 Winchester, with a 3x9 Burris scope..

He managed a 1 shot, 250 yard clean kill.

Gooser
    Last edited by MooseGooser; 12-22-2012 at 09:45 AM.
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

Quote Originally Posted by MooseGooser View Post
    Picture of the young hunter with a "Bird".....

Young Hunter is my son..

The "Bird" is an antelope...

It was a TROPHY hunt of sorts...

The quest was determined long before even the application for a tag started.. The reason you seevery little Prong of horns,, is because the animal is a Doe.. the Female of the specie.. What make it a bit of a trophy... Was our quest in the hunt. That Doe antelope does have horns... They are small nothing like a Bucks,, but indeed they are there.. Somewhat rare..
    It now pairs the buck mount that he took a couple years earlier.

The Wyoming hunt incorporated searchin and spotting, for two days to find one,, (Kinda rare) then approximatly a 3 hour stalk to get into position for the shot.

The Rifle is that Young mans first rifle, given to him by me, five years earlier... Ruger M77, .270 Winchester, with a 3x9 Burris scope..

He managed a 1 shot, 250 yard clean kill.

Gooser
    Good memories !

Ken Bora's tag line says a lot though.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~