The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: [GDG] AKC Agility Invitational

Default [GDG] AKC Agility Invitational

If you haven't seen any high-level agility competitions, you might enjoy this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=...ture=endscreen

I didn't breed this dog ... but I did breed his dam Beamer has been in the top 3 agility Goldens nationally for about three years. He just turned 8 years old at the end of November.

Good as he is, he didn't make it into the finals. One Golden did, but did not survive the finals.

I can say this, the handlers have to be pretty fit to compete in this sport!
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbxxD...endscreen&NR=1

Beamer's final round ... his best run, but still not good enough to get him into the finals. This gives a good view of him doing weave poles ... and he's amazing at that.

The invitational is based on points (for speed) and then points are substracted for "faults". Generally, that ends up meaning that reliability is rewarded a bit more than speed alone.
    Last edited by Gerry Clinchy; 12-19-2012 at 11:07 AM.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.