The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Boykin question

Well my wife has asked several times if this is the kind of dog I wanted and even called them cute... sooo, still not totally sold on the breed yet, but it looks like we'll be getting probably around June if I can find the right breeding... (we have summers off, so a great time for socializing)... I am set on having two dogs, so who knows, maybe this will open the door for me getting another small vizsla oh, keep the pics coming, they are pretty awesome! Merry Christmas! who know, give it a year of trainging and we could end up with 2 Boykins...

As soon as I can upload some pics and figure out how to post them on here. I will post some nice ones and hopefully a hunt test video.

Quote Originally Posted by DOG ON POINT View Post
    Well my wife has asked several times if this is the kind of dog I wanted and even called them cute... who know, give it a year of training and we could end up with 2 Boykins...
    That's generally how it works with getting a Boykin (or two) - the wife or significant other gets the training after you've gotten the message that she would like to have a gundog of her own (or two), too.

They do "cute" real well

and then they do whatever you ask of them that makes them

much cuter

Convincingly cute enough to end up with a couple of Boykins, if I do say so myself.

MG

Here ya go. Angie already posted one pic but here are a few more.
    He is one pass away from his Jr. title and he has one Sr. pass at 19 months old. Hank has been dove and duck hunting all season long, he has a ton of drive and is an excellent marking dog. I will post some hunting pics after I get them uploaded.

Hank Huckaby

Hopefully the video post will work. This is him at a UKC Started hunt test when he was 8 months old.

couple more...

first HRC Finished pass @ 16 months.

then a shameless plug for our Candler Creek Retrievers team with my possum posing with all our Ribbons from the weekend.

very cool!!! wow... 2 more posts then I can actually return some pms... anybody know of any good breeding taking place in January?

hate to ask this.... never mind... but it was good for one more post!

Banned

I understand but you better give yourself at least a year to find your puppy. There aren't that many litters out there... Many breeders have long waiting lists.

Angie

Quote Originally Posted by Angie B View Post
    I understand but you better give yourself at least a year to find your puppy. There aren't that many litters out there... Many breeders have long waiting lists.

Angie
    This is good advice.
    HRCH Hudson River Drake (Possom)
    HRCH Hudson River Saying Grace (Gracie)