The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: This is what happens when you let Liberals have guns

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Marvin, I knew immediately what you meant and I purposely decided not to go there.
    Why do I have the feeling you are trying in your own clumsy way to make an insinuation?

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel J Simoens View Post
    nothing racist in this thread
    There is not - the post was made to show that there are cultural differences in nationalities - more than likely this individual has not been exposed to the fact that in this nation we settle our differences in a manner that is peaceful - Failure to assimilate is one of the biggest problems our nation faces, along with the belief that it is OK to act like you are in your country of origin . While this is not the only thing we as a nation have failed to demand, it is a major contributor to much of the ignorance prevalent about what our great country stands for.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Why do I have the feeling you are trying in your own clumsy way to make an insinuation?

There is not - the post was made to show that there are cultural differences in nationalities - more than likely this individual has not been exposed to the fact that in this nation we settle our differences in a manner that is peaceful - Failure to assimilate is one of the biggest problems our nation faces, along with the belief that it is OK to act like you are in your country of origin . While this is not the only thing we as a nation have failed to demand, it is a major contributor to much of the ignorance prevalent about what our great country stands for.
    I wasn't trying to imply anything. I just didn't want to start a conversation about race. You accused me of making a comment without doing research first. I hate to say it, but it looks to me like the pot is calling the kettle black! Take a look at firearm death rates per 100,000 in population at the link below. Kinda eye opening. I have seen breathless posts on here by some about countries who have strict gun control laws. OK, lets do that shall we???? A poster, I think it was Gooser brought up Australia and the United Kingdom. Where are they on the list? Someone mentioned how terrible Germany's record is, and look at how tough their laws are. Where are they on this list?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ted_death_rate

I can see how you might make the mistake of thinking that here in the good old USA we settle our differences in a peaceful manner, you growing up here in South Dakota and all. But look at where we stand on that list and explain it to me. Be sure and type really slow so I can keep up.
    Last edited by Buzz; 12-20-2012 at 01:41 PM.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

I wasn't trying to imply anything. I just didn't want to start a conversation about race. You accused me of making a comment without doing research first. I hate to say it, but it looks to me like the pot is calling the kettle black! Take a look at firearm death rates per 100,000 in population at the link below. Kinda eye opening. I have seen breathless posts on here by some about countries who have strict gun control laws. OK, lets do that shall we???? A poster, I think it was Gooser brought up Australia and the United Kingdom. Where are they on the list? Someone mentioned how terrible Germany's record is, and look at how tough their laws are. Where are they on this list?

I can see how you might make the mistake of thinking that here in the good old USA we settle our differences in a peaceful manner, you growing up here in South Dakota and all. But look at where we stand on that list and explain it to me. Be sure and type really slow so I can keep up.
    So tell me how "assault weapon" bans will curb urban murders using "Saturday night specials????"

Just askin'...........
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    So tell me how "assault weapon" bans will curb urban murders using "Saturday night specials????"

Just askin'...........

I don't believe anyone has any illusions that banning assault weapons will curb murders committed by saturday night specials. And I know the statistics show that WAY more people are killed by pistols than by rifles. I think the idea is to make it harder for asshats to squeeze off over a hundred rounds into defenseless victims in a schoolroom or movie theater in a matter of a minute or three. It won't have much impact at all on the total murder rate. It will make us all feel better because we won't have to see these type of shocking events, the rest will just then get swept under the rug.

Not sure how you got to assault weapons though. You weren't trying to change the subject were you?
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

I don't believe anyone has any illusions that banning assault weapons will curb murders committed by saturday night specials. And I know the statistics show that WAY more people are killed by pistols than by rifles. I think the idea is to make it harder for asshats to squeeze off over a hundred rounds into defenseless victims in a schoolroom or movie theater in a matter of a minute or three. It won't have much impact at all on the total murder rate. It will make us all feel better because we won't have to see these type of shocking events, the rest will just then get swept under the rug.

Not sure how you got to assault weapons though. You weren't trying to change the subject were you?
    No, I thought YOU were.
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    you got all of that based only on someone's name?????
    That's my boy "Blue"!!!! Flyin High in the Passenger Side x Katie May of Belgrade

Her "Facebook" page indicates she is a Venezuelan national.

I know nothing of their culture or views on firearms or even how they settle issues of bullying there.
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Her "Facebook" page indicates she is a Venezuelan national.

I know nothing of their culture or views on firearms or even how they settle issues of bullying there.
    ohh I must have missed the facebook link.
    That's my boy "Blue"!!!! Flyin High in the Passenger Side x Katie May of Belgrade

Buzz do you feel better at the airport with all their strict screenings? Every week there is a video of a little kid getting stressed at the airport because something on the kid caused the machine to alert and the parents can not even comfort the scared kid. My kids lost their face lotion, but we sat right next to a girl with big knitting needles. Non sense has no limits. I think people should not make decisions when their emotions are in high gear. Take a walk, cool down, and then come back to deal with the problem. Knee jerk reactions are not the answer. The media is full of fear baiting and it is all for ratings because they do not really care. There have been experts on every network telling them that the way they report causes more mass murders than any one type of gun, but has the reporting style changed? No, because ratings mean everything.

Terri

I pay a lot of attention to what happens - makes a person able to think for themselves .

Buzz - I read the firearms related instances regularly. Makes one wonder why the POTUS is going to deal with this issue when Chitown & DC are 2 of the more unsafe places to be. He's been both places now, what's happened? Nothing.

When I was younger the town constable never stopped a fight, just made sure that it was done as agreed . I've witnessed some really good fights, never in the dance hall in front of the women folks nor the little kids, but out on the street & according to Marquis of Queensbury. So I know a little about violence. Done a few of them myself when I was young & foolish.

& i've also witnessed what passes for violence in the big city, usually the strong targeting the weak. The closer people live to other people the increased chance of violence.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!