RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Holiday Training

10K views 35 replies 17 participants last post by  Mary Lynn Metras 
#1 ·
We have a big weekend of training in Georgia.
We are training friday,Sat,Sun,and Monday.
I got 85 flyers from one of my Pro's for the big Holiday training party.
I have both of my mutts home from the Pro's for a few weeks.

What are ya'll doing for the Holidays?
We are trying to stay ahead of the crowd and train amap.

Merry Christmas,

Gregg Leonard :D

#5 ·
Grantville, Ga. at the Day/Didier farm.
I was training and picking up my girl Reese in Madison, Ga. on Tuesday this week.
If you want to come over, send me a pm.

Gregg

#6 ·
You better be a good boy and get your kitchen pass!!!

#8 ·
Missin' the south right about now! 10 below zero with a foot of snow this morning! Yall have fun.

#9 ·
I know we are fortunate, we were in the water all day this past tuesday.
Thanks, hope all have a great Christmas with your family and dog family.

Gregg

#10 ·
We are training at Niland this weekend for a couple of days.

The following weekend we will be back down there. On New Year's Eve Patti Kiernan is supplying birds and birds and birdboys for a fun singles day on her property followed by a potluck dinner at Mag 7. Last year the event was very well attended so she is splitting into two groups this year.

#13 ·
We are training at Niland this weekend for a couple of days.

The following weekend we will be back down there. On New Year's Eve Patti Kiernan is supplying birds and birds and birdboys for a fun singles day on her property followed by a potluck dinner at Mag 7. Last year the event was very well attended so she is splitting into two groups this year.
That sounds good Russ, very nice of Patti to volunteer her holiday time.
Will the temps. be ok for water work?
Have fun and be safe.

Gregg Leonard

This post has been deleted
#15 ·
Heave a great weekend Gregg! I don't get much training in during Dec and Jan. I'm currently in Crested Butte Colorado enjoying a bunch of new snow! We'll be here through Christmas skiing everyday. January is full of hunting trips. Look forward to the spring field trial season. I cant wait to see Reese run in the big leagues. See you in a few months.

Tony K
I know its gotta be rough skiing in that 2 feet of new snow. ;)
Don't break anything, you need all extremities to shoot ducks and run your dogs in January.
Maybe I'll see you in Arkansas.

Gregg

#11 ·
Merry Christmas Gregg! I took a week off to hunt pheasants in South Dakota week before last. We had a great time and gave the dogs a really good workout. Sounds like a great training weekend you have planned in GA. Weather has been beautiful here in NC also until today. We will get some training in this weekend as well.....less the 85 flyers.

John

#16 ·
Hey John, Did Sam get to hunt with Bill?
I have a friend in SD hunting this week, sounds like fun.
I'll see you in January when the dogs go back to training camp.
Merry Chrismas,

Gregg

#12 ·
Merry Christmas to you Gregg and your group. Have fun training.

Raining here but expecting maybe some SNOW!!! Unusuall for us not to have it yet!

Still planning to come down in the NY.

Mary Lynn

#14 ·
Will be running the critters tomorrow, followed by a couple of days of Christmas obligations. Still recovering from training three days with a crew and Pat Burns last weekend.

#17 ·

I think Easter will be full of Tune-up drills. By July 4th we'll probably be doing lots of water blinds...maybe some poison bird work. Water marks too, of course. And I love indented triples on Veteran's Day, don't you?

Now I'm looking for a "tongue-in-cheek" emoticon! Oh well, this one will do...:BIG:

Evan...BTW, Merry Christmas to you too!

#18 · (Edited)
Taking a bit of a breather.;)

Now I'm down to two dogs, the work load has been a bit much; we've just done three big days on the trot and it's enough. We won't be out now until the 29th so we can all rest and recover. January's schedule looks pretty manic so some recharging of the batteries will be welcome. Until then our recovery plans will be discussed here ..... http://www.bullandheifer.co.uk/gallery

We have a new training ground lined up for the Spring; free, gratis and fer nuttin', so there is the opportunity to get a few new boy pups rolling along.

Have a nice Christmas all, and stay safe,

from Eug, The Management, Jacko and Louis.

#19 ·
Russ, Will be at Patti's too. See ya'll there.Will be working with Glacier.Probably won't run her at the fun day,she's still a baby dog. After that continuing to work Beanie and Porsche up here after duck season's over.

Jeff

#20 ·
will you be in Niland in January ? just heard from Don Remien, he is headed there the first week in January, so I will go and throw birds for him during the week on my days off,hope to get there at least twice in January, just depends on work

#21 ·
Bon, I will be there Mon the 31st through Wed the 2nd.Just a quick trip.Swing on by if you're there.

Jeff

#22 ·
And remember Jeff, I'll expect an update when you come back!

#23 ·
Howard, Here is a partial report for next Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 58. Thinking of you up in Anchorage. :)

Yes I'll send a puppy report too.So far it's very good.

Jeff

#24 ·
Will ya'll be in the water at Niland?

Gregg

#25 ·
We are also headed for Niland... leaving tomorrow and should arrive Dec. 29th.
Hope to meet some of you down there.

#27 · (Edited)
Greg, water should be fine.Probably in the 50's.They are training pups in water now. One of the reasons that area is so popular this time of year. I hunted Wister there when I lived in SoCal back in the 70's. Stocking foot waders can get itchy,too warm.Looking forward to meeting others too.Look for an old short fat guy,balding that limps.

Diaper rash regards,

Jeff

#28 ·
i trained with gregg, glen, david and mr. jerry today in west georgia. the setups were great, the birds were "fresh", weather was tollerable, the "hospitality" was tops! well worth the "short drive"!!!!!!!

if my dogs had done better it would have been a perfect day, thanks team!

jmc

#29 ·
The georgia boys got rained out yesterday.
We needed the rain and the dogs needed a rest.
I am going out to run some blinds this morning at the soon to be, new shopping center
close to the house. I think Glen is going to Grantville to do the same for a couple hours.

Prime Rib and Lobsters at my Sisters house at 2:00.
Yes, the dogs are getting Prime Rib mixed with their dry tonight. :D

Merry Christmas to all the RTF Family.

Gregg Leonard

#30 ·
We had a great Christmas, went and ran blinds mid morning with Reese, Sniper and Callahan.
Then off to my sisters for awesome prime rib and lobsters. Dogs got prime rib scraps last night
and a big rib bone for each this morning. They are outside and I have not heard a sound in over an hour.

We are back training on Friday, Sat., Sun. Mon. and Tuesday.
Hope everyone had a good Christmas, what are your plans for the rest of the Holidays?

#31 ·
Me, Glen and Kyle trained yesterday with Mr. Jerry at the Day/Didier Farm.
We ran 2 land set ups and 2 blinds. On our 2nd land, we shot a long flyer first
then a short check down that was retired after we pitched one off to the side.
It was supposed to be cloudy and cold but the Sun came out and 57 degrees.
Also, ponds are all full except the big one at Didier's.
We are back at it today as the rain has passed during the night.

Hey west coasters, are ya'll cranked up at Niland, hows the weather?

Gregg Leonard

#33 ·
We got blasted in CT with Snow and Ice this week. Dogs are skating around just airing! Another 4-6 inches of snow on the way today! We are done for a while. Pup heads back to trainer in a week then south.....so I guess we have some chill out time!

Chris

#36 ·
Yes just went and ran some blinds in the snow. Blowing like crazy out there. It was 28F this am. Snow up over my boots. Chris you prolly have more!!!:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.