The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun Laws

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    Gooser, ONE MONTH AGO THE REPUBLICAN PARTY RAN AN ANTI-GUN CANDIDATE, sorry that is not old news. I was one of the few vocal people about that fact, yet here we are now, I hope that the people on this board remember that next election. I have always been a conservative and guns rights have always been big in my political views maybe someday they will play a larger part in the Republican party. In my opinion the Republican party (and NRA) embracing a anti-gun guy is bigger news now than its ever been, not old news. Sorry, if that fact gets to some of the so so "conservatives" on this board. As far as gun control I feel as you do about all of it, I was a police officer at the time of the last one, when I purchased a new handgun I had to spend $68 a clip (x4) to get issued "law enforcement issue" clips, keeping in mind there are already around a million +10 clips available that had already been legally issued. We are on the same side in this fight, Obama was never my guy, during the election the Republican party abandoned people like us, lets hope they step up to the plate now.
    But what you fail to realise,, is you, if voting for Romney ( and it is very much a moot point) wouldnt have been voting for a King.. You WOULD have been voting for the Constituency Romney brought along with him,, that is absolutly POLAR to what we have today..
    I personally right now would fell better with a republican controlled house and Senate whern it comes to gun issues...
    You can now see the TRUE Agenda with the left.. Its VERY apparent!!! They OWN it now!!! They will be resposible!!!! Obama has brought along with him HIS constituency.... I dont feel comfortable with a democrat controlled Senate when it comes to gun or FINANCIAL issues...
    But,,,, The majority Voted....... Think about that!!!
    To the Majority..... What are you celebrating????
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    As per usual, I do not believe you have done your research prior to pressing SUBMIT - check out the countries, all of them that had gun registatrion, NAZI germany comes to mind as one example.

Germany in the early 1930s was reeling from the global depression, increasingly bitter over the outcome of World War I and the punitive terms of the Treaty of Versailles, and overrun by extremist parties with their own paramilitary wings brawling in the streets and shooting at each other outside political rallies. Anti-Semitism was widespread, everyone hated the Weimar government, and nostalgia for the heady days of the Kaiser led most people to actually yearn for a dictatorship of some form. And in this toxic political environment, the Nazis managed to prevail over the other extremist groups -- largely due to popular support, but also through conspiracy and outright intimidation.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

I get the second ammendment. I absolutly undeerstand it isnt about guns and hunting.
    Its not really about home protection.

Its really most about protection from oppression and tiereny from Government.

I own mostly collectable guns. Most of those I rarely shoot.
    I own guns for recreation. Clays shooting,, Hunting,,, and trying to improve my riflemanship.

I do NOT own guns that are referred to as assault weapons... (But I can assault you with all of the ones I have) I absolutly will defend the RIGHTS of thos who have the desire to own one.

I dont not believe for one minute that the ownership of a . bushmaster, ar15 or the like, would give you much comfort to defend yourself very long, in the event that the U.S. Government ever decided to give orders to come after you with lethal force!

Think (Waco) and tank Turrets
    I cant Imagine takin a .223 bushmaster and shootin the Tank turret stuck through my kitchen window... And yet I do sometimes, find myself on regular occation,, pissin in the wind..
    It will help you to defend yourself from anarchy and simple thugs in the event of a catastrophy of any sort. (Think Katrina)
    But,, I seriously believe my Browning .22 auto plinking rifle will do the same.. I wouldnt want to be shot several times in the upper body with a .22..
    If the American way of life has come to the point that I have to fear a Thug ( or crazy person who should be incarcerated)showing up on my door step dressed in body armour toatin a fully automatic weapon, representin thuggery,,, religion,,, or Government,,, civil rights,, oppresive costs of bus passes,, disdane for S.U.V's,, regular light bulbs,, My Christmas manger,, well ,, I guess i have lived long enough..

There is more to the Governments desire to regulate guns than safty,, and level headedness..

They do NOT see or care in the difference between any of them...(Guns) Their intent is CONTROL,, and POWER,, and restricting our ability to resist that..
    But I truly believe the real reason is Ignorance,,,, and emotion.. Pure and simple..
    But mostimportantly an Agenda.. We VOTED that AGENDA into office didnt we???
    Last edited by MooseGooser; 12-20-2012 at 11:43 AM.
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.

The term "AR-15" sounds very intimidating ... to the unlearned ear, it sounds a lot like AK-47; and the difference is a HUGE one.

Gerry,

GREAT post, but I'm not quite sure what you mean by the line above.

AK-47 is essentially the Russian version of an AR-15. There really is no difference in the functioning of the two. It is a magazine fed semi-auto rifle. No more. No less.

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    I am just curious as to the general opinion here.

If "assault weapons" were restricted (as Obama is demanding now), how would the events of last week been different?
    ABSOLUTELY NOT! That was my point in yesterday's post. The psychopath would of came up with something else. These people seem to be smart and put a lot of thought into their actions. I guarantee theirs some other nut job planning something to top CT.

Gooser, ONE MONTH AGO THE REPUBLICAN PARTY RAN AN ANTI-GUN CANDIDATE, sorry that is not old news. I was one of the few vocal people about that fact, yet here we are now, I hope that the people on this board remember that next election. I have always been a conservative and guns rights have always been big in my political views maybe someday they will play a larger part in the Republican party. In my opinion the Republican party (and NRA) embracing a anti-gun guy is bigger news now than its ever been, not old news. Sorry, if that fact gets to some of the so so "conservatives" on this board. As far as gun control I feel as you do about all of it, I was a police officer at the time of the last one, when I purchased a new handgun I had to spend $68 a clip (x4) to get issued "law enforcement issue" clips, keeping in mind there are already around a million +10 clips available that had already been legally issued. We are on the same side in this fight, Obama was never my guy, during the election the Republican party abandoned people like us, lets hope they step up to the plate now.
    Correct.
    As governor of Massachusetts, Romney had been able to tack a mostly pro-gun-control course. Not entirely—the NRA had still given him a "B" during his gubernatorial run in 2002, and he did support a few modest NRA-approved initiatives. But overall, Massachusetts voters were rather predictable on guns, and in 2004 Romney signed what the AP would later call “one of the toughest assault weapons laws in the country.” The Bay State had long had sturdy gun-control laws, and its residents liked them."

Had this tragedy of last Friday not occured, I doubt the Obama Administration would be persuing putting the Assault Weapons ban back on the books. Just too much pressure from both the Repubs and the Dems to do so now.

Can't wait to hear what the NRA is going to say about it tomorrow with their statement.

Only ONE political party, as a party, has stood up for the Rights of gun owners to defend themselves and oppose the coming assault weapons ban.
    You guessed it
    Last edited by Franco; 12-20-2012 at 11:51 AM.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

I will play along since you seem to want to go there...Where did the 2nd Amendment rank as far as the litmus test on which candidate you preferred..was it in your Top 5 ? Top 3 ?

I know for me it was not in the Top 5 and I consider myself a staunch pro 2nd Amendment person, but I adhere to the mode of thinking proposed by Gov. Mitch Daniels, where you play to win the general election and you fight the moral and social issues in the courts (abortion,gun rights,same sex marriage)

I am not going to tell you with a straight face that Mitt was a pro gun guy, but I do think he would have governed as one IF elected....but we will never know
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    I will play along since you seem to want to go there...Where did the 2nd Amendment rank as far as the litmus test on which candidate you preferred..was it in your Top 5 ? Top 3 ?

I know for me it was not in the Top 5 and I consider myself a staunch pro 2nd Amendment person, but I adhere to the mode of thinking proposed by Gov. Mitch Daniels, where you play to win the general election and you fight the moral and social issues in the courts (abortion,gun rights,same sex marriage)

I am not going to tell you with a straight face that Mitt was a pro gun guy, but I do think he would have governed as one IF elected....but we will never know
    In terms of the Presidential election it had no ranking for the fact that both candidates had the same view.

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Your thoughts are anything but random!!

Does anyone find the dichotomy interesting that Obama sells and gives guns to Mexican drug cartels and Syrian Islamists but wants to take them away from YOU!!!
    So, I guess our govt understands that if a despot or tyrant needs to be overthrown, the citizens should have arms. Of course, Assad doesn't believe he's a "bad guy". I'm pretty sure none of the bad guys in history believed they were the bad guys who needed to be replaced. Why would the US consider itself immune to this seemingly universal disease of tyranny?

Hmm ... we really don't think of the probability of an armed ground invasion of the US since we have had friendly arrangements with our land neighbors of Mexico and Canada for many years. However, it seems we are not on such good terms with the Mexican drug cartels ... and they pretty much have their way with the Mexican govt ... so maybe we ought to think more carefully about which forms an armed invasion can take. It may not mean by a "formal" govt ... can understand why people in border towns would want to protect themselves, as the Fed govt hasn't been a big help. Curious what the laws about citizen gun ownership are in Mexico?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Lets play "What If"

What if after the investigation led by Biden.,, a decision was made, that the government issued '"concealed carry" permits issued will be deemed illegal? No longer valid

It will be deemed illegal,,, to set a precidence,, that we as a society, believe posession of guns is not the answer,, but the problem???

This enactment will happen as promised ,,quickly ,,,,before the end of January...

That "Permit" was "issued" by the government. I belive the Government can just as easily take it away....

What could stop this from happening???

What LAW do we have that guarantees us the right???

Gooser
    Last edited by MooseGooser; 12-20-2012 at 12:48 PM.