The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Gun Laws

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    she needed more knockdown power...either .40 cal or .357mag....kudos to her for keeping wits about herself and making direct hits
    I don't agree. For a woman, a 9mm with PDF loads, at the range she shot at, would have made huge points of entry. A 38 or .380 just pisses them off. Wife has a LC9 and can put a 3 inch group @ 21 feet in rapid fire mode. A drop dead beauty and a dead on shot. I hope to heaven she never has to use it.

And if you really want knockdown power, a .45 is hands down more effective than a high power .357 or .40, even in a hardball load.

JMHO
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    Center of mass, center of mass, center of mass!!!
    This is the correct answer... If she was shooting him in the face.... He's probably gonna be eating soup from now on, but she obviously missed his very small brain and his spine with the shot to the neck.

.38 would kill him plenty dead if it hit the right spot from 5 feet away... Jeez
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Golddogs View Post
    I don't agree. For a woman, a 9mm with PDF loads, at the range she shot at, would have made huge points of entry. A 38 or .380 just pisses them off. Wife has a LC9 and can put a 3 inch group @ 21 feet in rapid fire mode. A drop dead beauty and a dead on shot. I hope to heaven she never has to use it.

And if you really want knockdown power, a .45 is hands down more effective than a high power .357 or .40, even in a hardball load.

JMHO
    Just interested in what type of data you are using to back up your claim? A 9mm and .38 are going to be about identical size projectiles putting out about the same energy, and .40 cal and a .357 are both going to put out more ft # of energy than a 45. So how are you calculating knock down power? If a .38 is just going to piss someone off a 9mm is going to do the same, IMO both are pretty effective rounds.
    Last edited by mngundog; 01-07-2013 at 10:37 AM.

Just came across one of the articles about the big ammo purchases by govt agencies last Sept. Staggering ... Homeland Security purchased 28,000 TONS of ammo ... that is enough to fill 1200 tractor trailers, which placed end to end would be 14 miles long!

Included in that ammo were a bunch of hollow points that have long been outlawed for warfare. What?

I remember, also, that the SS Administration bought a bunch of ammo ... I guess those senior citizens can be dangerous sorts.

It seems like every Fed agency is VERY well armed ...
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Get ready........Biden says Obama may use his executive powers to take action to reduce gun violence.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/09/politi...tle/index.html
    Last edited by gmhr1; 01-09-2013 at 10:24 PM.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

Quote Originally Posted by gmhr1 View Post
    Get ready........Biden says Obama may use his executive powers to take action to reduce gun violence.
    Yea right. Now I'm starting to see why the Department of Homeland Security is going to need that 1.4 billion rounds of ammo it purchased in the last 6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by gmhr1 View Post
    Heck, who needs Congress if you've got a POTUS who can issue executive orders?

How does the Supreme Court review executive orders? Guess somebody would have to sue?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Main View Post
    Yea right. Now I'm starting to see why the Department of Homeland Security is going to need that 1.4 billion rounds of ammo it purchased in the last 6 months.
    not going to be enough because according to the FBI statistics there were 2.8 million background checks( Brady ck) last month, so lots of guns got sold
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/...#disqus_thread
    Contained in this American Thinker post are two American Revolution stories about citizens resisting the British forces before the actual war started in earnest. They are about citizens defending what they believed was oppressive colonialsim. It would appear that the citizens had individual weapons equal to those of the British soldiers. They may not have had the cannons, but their individual weapons were likely equal. (Feel free to disagree if I'm incorrect on that assumption.)

One of the comments also was kind of interesting.
    Rothbard's "Conceived in Liberty" recounts the American colonies, the swinging pendulum of self-rule and Imperial Governors, the conflicts and the final stages in New England where Governors appointed by the King called out the Militia to control the populace. The problem for the Crown and the Imperial Governors was that the Militia was also organized as freedom loving "Sons of Liberty." So when push came to shove, the Militia told the Governor that they would give him a head start to get to the British ship in the Harbor.
    Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/...#ixzz2HmRGnujU
    What is to prevent govt/POTUS from calling upon the Fed agencies that have weapons to use those armed (civilian) people against citizens? We can hope that at least 49% of those people would resist such orders.

I also watched the film clip of Ben Shapiro (gun ownership supporter) on the Piers Morgan show. First time I've actually watched Morgan; and I was unimpressed. Another Brit who is living in NYC said he feels safer in taking a NYC subway at midnight than he did in his home of Manchester UK attempting the same thing. At least law enforcement in NYC is still armed He said he has not yet been mugged in NYC, but has been mugged 3X in Manchester. Manchester has also developed a gang culture, which it did not have before gun control there. Yes, it's the bad guys that haven't given up their guns. The statistics released on UK violence, that Brit says, are not as representative of the "success" of gun control as might be the reality.

No, I have not fact-checked this, so feel free to present the opposing facts.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com