The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Gun Laws

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Funny stuff, publish the addresses of people that own guns, then offer a buy back program.

That could never happenn.....right????
    I used scratch my head when trying to reason some of this stuff out............found out it was happening so much that my hair was getting thin.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    The success of ban of guns in the UK, from an article in Wall Street Journal, via Townhall.com:

Why are we obsessed by copying Euro policies that do not work: Brit gun control & healthcare control) ... Greek spending; French taxation ... and not copying something like the Swiss requiring all men to own and know how to use it?
    I would like to know who is telling the truth here.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18900384
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

A LITTLE GUN HISTORY In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents,
    unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated. ------------------------------ In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated. ------------------------------ Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, a total of 13 million Jews and others
    who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated. ------------------------------ China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to
    defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
    ------------------------------
    Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
    ---- ------------- -------------
    Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
    ------------------------------
    Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one million educated people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
    -----------------------------
    Defenseless people rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century because of gun control: 56 million.
    -------------------------
    You won't see this data on the US evening news, or hear politicians disseminating this information.
    Guns in the hands of honest citizens save lives and property and, yes, gun-control laws adversely affect only the law-abiding citizens.
    Take note my fellow Americans, before it's too late!
    The next time someone talks in favor of gun control, please remind them of this history lesson.
    With guns, we are 'citizens' Without them, we are 'subjects'.
    During WW II the Japanese decided not to invade America because they knew most Americans were ARMED!
    If you value your freedom, please spread this anti gun-control message to all of your friends.
    The purpose of fighting is to win.
    There is no possible victory in defense.
    The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either.
    The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.
    SWITZERLAND ISSUES EVERY HOUSEHOLD A GUN!
    SWITZERLAND 'S GOVERNMENT TRAINS EVERY ADULT THEY ISSUE A RIFLE. SWITZERLAND HAS THE LOWEST GUN RELATED CRIME RATE OF ANY CIVILIZED COUNTRY IN THE WORLD!!!
    IT'S A NO BRAINER!
    DON'T LET OUR GOVERNMENT WASTE MILLIONS OF OUR TAX DOLLARS IN AN EFFORT TO MAKE ALL LAW ABIDING CITIZENS AN EASY TARGET. I'm a firm believer in the 2nd Amendment!
    HMMMMMMM..............interesting read & perspective.
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    HMMMMMMM..............interesting read & perspective.

Who wrote this?
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Good lord, that covers about all semi-auto anything doesn't it.?

Did y'all see that a mother in GA emptied a .38 revolver into a home intruder ... it was enough to take him down, but not enough to kill him. She was at home with her twin 8-yr-old boys, huddled in a closet with them, trying to hide from the intruder. When the intruder found the closet, he was facing a mom with her gun. She had called her husband at work, and he told her to hide, and he called 911. The police arrived shortly after the mom had downed the intruder ... who, it turned out, had a long rap sheet. The article did not mention whether the intruder was armed, with a gun or otherwise.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Did y'all see that a mother in GA emptied a .38 revolver into a home intruder ... it was enough to take him down, but not enough to kill him. She was at home with her twin 8-yr-old boys, huddled in a closet with them, trying to hide from the intruder. When the intruder found the closet, he was facing a mom with her gun. She had called her husband at work, and he told her to hide, and he called 911. The police arrived shortly after the mom had downed the intruder ... who, it turned out, had a long rap sheet. The article did not mention whether the intruder was armed, with a gun or otherwise.
    Yes I just read it.

http://myfox8.com/2013/01/06/ga-mom-...aves-children/
    All success belongs to the dog, all failure to the trainer.

It did say he had a crowbar... thats plenty enough for me... actually just the fact that he broke into the house is plenty for me. She did the right thing, except for letting him live.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    It did say he had a crowbar... thats plenty enough for me... actually just the fact that he broke into the house is plenty for me. She did the right thing, except for letting him live.
    Center of mass, center of mass, center of mass!!!
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

she needed more knockdown power...either .40 cal or .357mag....kudos to her for keeping wits about herself and making direct hits
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"