The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun Laws

Quote Originally Posted by dixidawg View Post
    Gerry,

GREAT post, but I'm not quite sure what you mean by the line above.

AK-47 is essentially the Russian version of an AR-15. There really is no difference in the functioning of the two. It is a magazine fed semi-auto rifle. No more. No less.
    One works when dirty,muddy,sandy,etc the other doesn't. Piston vs gas driven. One is designed for target saturation, one is made to be accurate for well aimed shots. But they are not the same and do not have the same ideas going into the designs. They both are good at certain things but they are usually used for different purposes.
    My Father,My Friend,My teacher,and now My Angel~ 04/21/1956-03/21/2011 You will always be missed. I hope to learn half of the stuff you knew.

~Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted~

Quote Originally Posted by MooseGooser View Post
    Lets play "What If"

What if after the investigation led by Biden.,, a decision was made, that the government issued '"concealed carry" permits issued will be deemed illegal? No longer valid

It will be deemed illegal,,, to set a precidence,, that we as a society, believe posession of guns is not the answer,, but the problem???

This enactment will happen as promised ,,quickly ,,,,before the end of January...

That "Permit" was "issued" by the government. I belive the Government can just as easily take it away....

What could stop this from happening???

What LAW do we have that guarantees us the right???

Gooser
    Gooser - I paid $52.50 for the permit, obtained from local LE - I personally don't expect goofy Joe's committee to come up with anything useful - you know it will not be in the best interests of the nation nor solve anything.

Eliminating Gun Free Zones is not bureaucratic enough .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Lets play "What If"

What if after the investigation led by Biden.,, a decision was made, that the government issued '"concealed carry" permits issued will be deemed illegal? No longer valid

It will be deemed illegal,,, to set a precidence,, that we as a society, believe posession of guns is not the answer,, but the problem???

This enactment will happen as promised ,,quickly ,,,,before the end of January...

That "Permit" was "issued" by the government. I belive the Government can just as easily take it away....

Gooser
    in Louisiana we just passed state legislation to make it much more difficult to take away an individual's gun rights.
    Joshua T.

Lets play "What If"

Permits are issued and regulated by the individual states. Obama has already stated that he has no problem with citizens having the Right to protect themselves. You need to stop listening to the extreme right media, seems that have you all worked up with misinformation.

The Supreme Court!

It is called The Bill Of Rights.

Gooser

My responces are in red.
    Changing the Presidential Debates to allow Liberty on the stage will change America. You can help. Go to Our America's Debate Challenge to learn how you can help.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    My responces are in red.

Have you paid attention to the SC Justices Obama has placed in his first term? He will likely appoint two more during this term, giving those whack jobs the majority on the biggest decisions in America.
    Joshua T.

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    I am just curious as to the general opinion here.

If "assault weapons" were restricted (as Obama is demanding now), how would the events of last week been different?
    Local editorial:
    Editorial

Americans draw on a deep well of compassion in times of trouble.

Gun laws: Resist the rush to just ‘do something’

Our desire to “do something” runs deep. We light a candle, leave a flower, give a dollar.

On a larger scale, we organize, mobilize and strategize to solve problems and rush to help those in need.

That rush, however, shouldn’t extend to “quick fixes” and immediate changes to gun laws in Minnesota and elsewhere in the nation in the aftermath of the Connecticut elementary school shootings. Public policy issues as complex as those involved with Americans’ Second Amendment rights require a thoughtful, deliberative process based on facts.

Some Minnesota political leaders are saying it’s time for a serious examination of the state’s gun laws, the Pioneer Press’ Megan Boldt reported this week. And such study seems a reasonable first step, considering the need to gather information broadly and include a broad range of implications, from mental health issues to school security.

But just days after the tragedy, gun-rights advocates are concerned that “hysteria in the aftermath of this shooting will ultimately result in bad laws that do nothing to protect the public,” the report said.

Concern about gun laws is justified, and incoming DFL public safety committee chairs were among those speaking out this week.

“I think the federal government and every state in this nation has the responsibility to evaluate their gun laws in the aftermath of this horrific shooting,” Rep. Michael Paymar of St. Paul said in Boldt’s report.

Sen. Scott Dibble of Minneapolis was quoted saying that calls from constituents about the issue began after a September incident in a Minneapolis workplace in which a former employee killed six people before turning the gun on himself.

“I do sense there’s a shifting attitude on this issue,” Dibble said. “This latest tragedy is just so appalling and heinous, it begs a host of questions about our gun laws and our state of mental health services.”

Meanwhile, Republican Rep. Tony Cornish of Vernon Center got attention for a proposal to allow teachers with permits to arm themselves in their classrooms.

Gov. Mark Dayton was among those critical of the concept. The governor, who said he has no plan to present immediate changes in gun laws to the 2013 Legislature, also touched on an important caution for lawmakers: He’s not sure what additional gun regulations the state could impose without infringing on Second Amendment rights to bear arms.

Some have suggested, however, that addressing loopholes that allow people to buy firearms at gun shows without background checks is among measures that might be considered.

Whatever they do, DFL leaders, who won control of the state Legislature in the election just past, will need to craft proposals that will win broad support that includes members of their own party from greater Minnesota — and also address deep divisions on the issue among Minnesotans, evidenced perhaps by a spike this week in applications for firearms permits in some metro-area counties.

As they proceed, lawmakers surely will realize that urgency borne by compassion is one thing, but a rush to quick solutions is quite another. Doing “something” often solves nothing.
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

Seems like my COLORADO CC ,,would not be honored in Conneticut?

http://www.usacarry.com/colorado_con...formation.html

Also as per Francos respose ,, the Bill of rights already gives me the right of possesion.. Whats Concealed carry all about,, The concealment??

Ok... I wont conceal it!!
    Also note in the Colorado law OPEN carry is permitted in some jurisdictions..

Use to be common place here in Colorado during a Big game season.. Many would wear a side arm when hunting... Go into resturants while it was openly present on their belts??

Dont see that much anymore...

Gooser
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

Quote Originally Posted by Didley View Post
    Have you paid attention to the SC Justices Obama has placed in his first term? He will likely appoint two more during this term, giving those whack jobs the majority on the biggest decisions in America.
    Do you know what it takes to change an Amendment? It would only go to the SC only after an Amendment were altered and challenged. There aren't enough Dems in Congress to change an Amendment. In regards to the SC, what does Liberal or Conservative mean today? Todays Conservative isn't what yesterday's definition of Conservative meant. The SC has always ebbed and flowed with Justices of different opinions. Presidents have always appointed Justices of their political leaning. What has changed?
    Changing the Presidential Debates to allow Liberty on the stage will change America. You can help. Go to Our America's Debate Challenge to learn how you can help.

So,, as Franco pointed out, my gun rights are primarily protected under such laws as the bill of rights constitution, and are enforced by the Supreme Court.

Tell me why then, folks in certain cities have protected themselves in their own homes, and then had to resort to legal representation and in one case had to spend time and money to take the case to the Supreme Court to keep himself from prosecution? (Chicago case)
    Explain to me why there is such thing as a "concealed Carry permit required?
    Explain to me why some places open carry is permitted, But in others it's against the law?

I f the constitution is truly the law of the land, why the discrepancies???
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

So,, as Franco pointed out, my gun rights are primarily protected under such laws as the bill of rights constitution, and are enforced by the Supreme Court.

Tell me why then, folks in certain cities have protected themselves in their own homes, and then had to resort to legal representation and in one case had to spend time and money to take the case to the Supreme Court to keep himself from prosecution? (Chicago case)
    Explain to me why there is such thing as a "concealed Carry permit required?
    Explain to me why some places open carry is permitted, But in others it's against the law?

I f the constitution is truly the law of the land, why the discrepancies???
    It's called States' Rights.

The President can direct the AG to attempt to stop whatever the President feels he has a right to under Federal Law. Could be Arizona and thier immigartion laws, Co and Wa and thier MJ laws or Mississippi and their Abortion laws. Any challenge to States' Rights can be tied up in the variuos courts for eternity.

Conceal Carry are state laws and not challenged by any Federal Laws except for Gun Free Zones.

However, if Joe Biden and the rest of the Repubs and Dems that wish to infringe on our Rghts to defend ourselves were really serious about preventing violent deaths, maybe they should look at banning booze! Lets ban all booze and offer folks a nice cold Chai tea instead!

Alcohol abuse kills some 75,000 Americans each year and shortens the lives of these people by an average of 30 years, a U.S. government study suggested Thursday. Looks like to me that booze, Big Macs and smokes killed more than twice as many folks than any firearm!

Excessive alcohol consumption is the third leading cause of preventable death in the United States after tobacco use and poor eating and exercise habits.
    The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which published the study, estimated that 34,833 people in 2001 died from cirrhosis of the liver, cancer and other diseases linked to drinking too much beer, wine and spirits.
    Another 40,933 died from car crashes and other mishaps caused by excessive alcohol use.