The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun Laws

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Glavich View Post
    One works when dirty,muddy,sandy,etc the other doesn't. Piston vs gas driven. One is designed for target saturation, one is made to be accurate for well aimed shots. But they are not the same and do not have the same ideas going into the designs. They both are good at certain things but they are usually used for different purposes.
    Not so sure about all of this. Many of the newer AR's are piston driven.

They are both mag fed semi auto rifles, and I have read that the select fire ones in use in the middle east have held up well under those conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    It's called States' Rights.

The President can direct the AG to attempt to stop whatever the President feels he has a right to under Federal Law. Could be Arizona and thier immigartion laws, Co and Wa and thier MJ laws or Mississippi and their Abortion laws. Any challenge to States' Rights can be tied up in the variuos courts for eternity.

Conceal Carry are state laws and not challenged by any Federal Laws except for Gun Free Zones.

However, if Joe Biden and the rest of the Repubs and Dems that wish to infringe on our Rghts to defend ourselves were really serious about preventing violent deaths, maybe they should look at banning booze! Lets ban all booze and offer folks a nice cold Chai tea instead!

Alcohol abuse kills some 75,000 Americans each year and shortens the lives of these people by an average of 30 years, a U.S. government study suggested Thursday. Looks like to me that booze, Big Macs and smokes killed more than twice as many folks than any firearm!

Excessive alcohol consumption is the third leading cause of preventable death in the United States after tobacco use and poor eating and exercise habits.
    The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which published the study, estimated that 34,833 people in 2001 died from cirrhosis of the liver, cancer and other diseases linked to drinking too much beer, wine and spirits.
    Another 40,933 died from car crashes and other mishaps caused by excessive alcohol use.

Although I agree that these things could be held up in courts for an eternity, I'm not so sure about the states rights. Do states have the authority to put differing restrictions on the 1st amendment? Then why do they have authority to put restrictions on the 2nd?

Quote Originally Posted by MooseGooser View Post
    Seems like my COLORADO CC ,,would not be honored in Conneticut?

http://www.usacarry.com/colorado_con...formation.html

Also as per Francos respose ,, the Bill of rights already gives me the right of possesion.. Whats Concealed carry all about,, The concealment??

Ok... I wont conceal it!!
    Also note in the Colorado law OPEN carry is permitted in some jurisdictions..

Use to be common place here in Colorado during a Big game season.. Many would wear a side arm when hunting... Go into resturants while it was openly present on their belts??

Dont see that much anymore...

Gooser
    CT honors very few if any other states CC's. As a result many states refuse to honor CT's.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    CT honors very few if any other states CC's. As a result many states refuse to honor CT's.

Similar to Mass, except NO other states honor the Mass CCW permit.

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    Michigan does it right.
    http://www.mcrgo.org/mcrgo/d_ccwrec.asp

Do you know what it takes to change an Amendment? It would only go to the SC only after an Amendment were altered and challenged. There aren't enough Dems in Congress to change an Amendment. In regards to the SC, what does Liberal or Conservative mean today? Todays Conservative isn't what yesterday's definition of Conservative meant. The SC has always ebbed and flowed with Justices of different opinions. Presidents have always appointed Justices of their political leaning. What has changed?

Yes it has. And these are the ones we have to put up with for the present. The SC rules if something is constitutional. Like how they just said it was constitutional for the government to tell you you have to buy something because it is just a tax.

Don't sit there and tell me all they do is alter amendments.
    Joshua T.

It's called States' Rights.

The President can direct the AG to attempt to stop whatever the President feels he has a right to under Federal Law. Could be Arizona and thier immigartion laws, Co and Wa and thier MJ laws or Mississippi and their Abortion laws. Any challenge to States' Rights can be tied up in the variuos courts for eternity.

Conceal Carry are state laws and not challenged by any Federal Laws except for Gun Free Zones.

However, if Joe Biden and the rest of the Repubs and Dems that wish to infringe on our Rghts to defend ourselves were really serious about preventing violent deaths, maybe they should look at banning booze! Lets ban all booze and offer folks a nice cold Chai tea instead!

Alcohol abuse kills some 75,000 Americans each year and shortens the lives of these people by an average of 30 years, a U.S. government study suggested Thursday. Looks like to me that booze, Big Macs and smokes killed more than twice as many folks than any firearm!

Excessive alcohol consumption is the third leading cause of preventable death in the United States after tobacco use and poor eating and exercise habits.
    The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which published the study, estimated that 34,833 people in 2001 died from cirrhosis of the liver, cancer and other diseases linked to drinking too much beer, wine and spirits.
    Another 40,933 died from car crashes and other mishaps caused by excessive alcohol use.

A lot of people died because of prohibition.
    Joshua T.

Quote Originally Posted by Didley View Post
    A lot of people died because of prohibition.
    Yea, bootleggers.

I'm just pointing out that Gun Control Laws are nothing moer than hysteria by people that don't like guns. That we have other problems that kill more people as mentioned above.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Didley View Post
    Yes it has. And these are the ones we have to put up with for the present. The SC rules if something is constitutional. Like how they just said it was constitutional for the government to tell you you have to buy something because it is just a tax.

Don't sit there and tell me all they do is alter amendments.
    When we don't agree with their rulings, we accuse then of being activist judges and when we do agree, we call them good. Like I said, the court changes over time according to who does the appointing and often, there are surprises. Some think Justice Thomas is an idiot and some love him. They are not going to please anyone all of the time! You are also assuming that Romeny, given the opportunity would pick wiser judges.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by dixidawg View Post
    Although I agree that these things could be held up in courts for an eternity, I'm not so sure about the states rights. Do states have the authority to put differing restrictions on the 1st amendment? Then why do they have authority to put restrictions on the 2nd?

No, they do not have the right to place restrictions on any Amendment. However, they do have the right to pass laws they feel aren't covered. Then, it is up to the Fed Gov on whether to challenge. ie Conceal Carry where we have a Right to defend outrselves and the states expand the interpretation.