The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun Laws

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    Interesting in that I had no idea NC now honors CT. As of Dec 1, 2011 they now recognize all states.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    Interesting in that I had no idea NC now honors CT. As of Dec 1, 2011 they now recognize all states.
    No that's Michigan's Reciprocity, they are the one the are leading the way in reciprocity, they went out and got it done with every state that would do it, but that map is only Michigan's reciprocity.

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    No that's Michigan's Reciprocity, they are the one the are leading the way in reciprocity, they went out and got it done with every state that would do it, but that map is only Michigan's reciprocity.
    You can click on your state and it brings up their current laws, thus how I found out NC now honors CT and the date they decided to honor all states. NC used to be if you honor ours we will honor yours.

Quote Originally Posted by dixidawg View Post
    Gerry,

GREAT post, but I'm not quite sure what you mean by the line above.

AK-47 is essentially the Russian version of an AR-15. There really is no difference in the functioning of the two. It is a magazine fed semi-auto rifle. No more. No less.
    Thanks for clarifying ... I was thinking that the AK-47 was fully automatic with a high-capacity clip.

Moosegooser, I have to paraphrase Murral here ... I am a girl!not yelling at you Gooser just trying to copy Murral's typing
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Hey does anyone if "I'm not a girl" self banned himself again or did the clown actually get banned?

image.jpgFrom what I have been told you are not allowed to have guns in federal prisons and the murder rate as of 2009 was 3 per 100k, which really does not concern me. However, it does help because there are not guns allowed and the overall rate the United States is 4.2 per 100k. Am I missing something.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    It's called States' Rights.

The President can direct the AG to attempt to stop whatever the President feels he has a right to under Federal Law. Could be Arizona and thier immigartion laws, Co and Wa and thier MJ laws or Mississippi and their Abortion laws. Any challenge to States' Rights can be tied up in the variuos courts for eternity.

Conceal Carry are state laws and not challenged by any Federal Laws except for Gun Free Zones.

However, if Joe Biden and the rest of the Repubs and Dems that wish to infringe on our Rghts to defend ourselves were really serious about preventing violent deaths, maybe they should look at banning booze! Lets ban all booze and offer folks a nice cold Chai tea instead!

Alcohol abuse kills some 75,000 Americans each year and shortens the lives of these people by an average of 30 years, a U.S. government study suggested Thursday. Looks like to me that booze, Big Macs and smokes killed more than twice as many folks than any firearm!

Excessive alcohol consumption is the third leading cause of preventable death in the United States after tobacco use and poor eating and exercise habits.
    The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which published the study, estimated that 34,833 people in 2001 died from cirrhosis of the liver, cancer and other diseases linked to drinking too much beer, wine and spirits.
    Another 40,933 died from car crashes and other mishaps caused by excessive alcohol use.

My point is this!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McDonald_v._Chicago

So,, when we see STATES put restriction on Americans as to their right to "keep and bear arms"...

By either saying Illegal to conceal carry,, illegal to Open carry,,

Illegal to have non registered in your Home (as above) the supreme court has ruled that particular law unconstitutional.. Hasnt it???

The Constitution gives All Americans the right to keep and bear arms.

Civilian usage meaningThe right to keep and bear arms, which is protected under the second amendment,[36] is often presented in the context of military service and the broader right of self defense. Whether this right pertains to individuals acting independently or the people acting collectively has been the topic of several Supreme Court decisions. On June 26, 2008, the Supreme Court of the United States, in a 5-4 decision, held that residents of the District of Columbia have an individual right to handguns for self-defense within the home in the case District of Columbia v. Heller while at the same time reaffirming a broad range of federal restrictions on firearms as being constitutional. Also, the large body of state based law regarding the right to firearms and restrictions on firearms remain largely unchanged, though the Supreme Court ruled in the 2010 case McDonald v. Chicago that the right to keep and bear arms applies to state governments via the due process clause of the fourteenth amendment.[37]

Where am I wrong??
    Do I not have the right to uneqivically protect myself???

Where does the U.S.constitution say anything about having to be licenced or trained?? in order to bear arms?

Gooser
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

Quote Originally Posted by MooseGooser View Post
    My point is this!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McDonald_v._Chicago

So,, when we see STATES put restriction on Americans as to their right to "keep and bear arms"...

By either saying Illegal to conceal carry,, illegal to Open carry,,

Illegal to have non registered in your Home (as above) the supreme court has ruled that particular law unconstitutional.. Hasnt it???

YES!

The Constitution gives All Americans the right to keep and bear arms.

Some exceptions like felons but generally, yes.

Civilian usage meaningThe right to keep and bear arms, which is protected under the second amendment,[36] is often presented in the context of military service and the broader right of self defense. Whether this right pertains to individuals acting independently or the people acting collectively has been the topic of several Supreme Court decisions. On June 26, 2008, the Supreme Court of the United States, in a 5-4 decision, held that residents of the District of Columbia have an individual right to handguns for self-defense within the home in the case District of Columbia v. Heller while at the same time reaffirming a broad range of federal restrictions on firearms as being constitutional. Also, the large body of state based law regarding the right to firearms and restrictions on firearms remain largely unchanged, though the Supreme Court ruled in the 2010 case McDonald v. Chicago that the right to keep and bear arms applies to state governments via the due process clause of the fourteenth amendment.[37]

Where am I wrong??
    Do I not have the right to uneqivically protect myself???

Yes you do and if you think a law infringes on your Right, you have every Right to sue the government. States are given a certain leeway. The Supreme Court doesn't have the time to hear every case. They have their priorites and though the state may infringe somewhat on your Right, it may not be enough for the SC to prioritize over other cases. Therefore, you could get in trouble with the state though your Right was infringed.

Where does the U.S.constitution say anything about having to be licenced or trained?? in order to bear arms?

It doesn't. Those would be state laws.

Gooser
    My responce in blue.
    Last edited by Franco; 12-20-2012 at 07:59 PM.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    My responce in blue.
    And hasnt the state law with regards to Chicago in particular,,,, been ruled unconstitutional, per the case I gave as an example?

My original question.. was what if Biden panel comes forward and dismisses concealed carry?

Wouldnt that be challengable? be questioned as unconstitutional?

Other laws are forced onto states.. federal money withheld if there is non compliance...

Many states dont want Obama care..... But it seems as though it will happen!!!

Arizona wants different immigration policy than what Washinton does..

Isnt the Gold standard the constitution???

I can carry in the National forest to protect myself.... I cannot do the same in the city without licencing and training. (gun control)

Feds MAY regulate my gun away from me (Gun Control)

Constitution saays I have the absolute right to keep and BEAR an Arm (No gun control intended)
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.

Don't forget the amount of time folks spent in Chicago obeying oppressive gun laws until someone had the where with all to fight it.

they lived under an unconstitutional law for quite some time