The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker

Thread: Indiana Law

Default Indiana Law

I read in our paper today that Indiana law allows teachers, administrators or anyone the school authorizes to carry guns on school grounds. It is up to each school district to set their policy. State dept of ed says it is unaware of any school in Indiana where teachers carry guns.

I really doubt our school would ever even consider it. We have a women principle for both the grade school and high school starting this school year. We have already had three school lock downs this year when there were none last year. We have had a school closing for fog which is usually a delay that was burnt off by the sun by 10 am. They seem to be overly cautious almost to the state of paranoia. We are a very rural district but not sure where and how our leaders were raised.
    CPR HRCH Scott's Sweet Brandy
    Kankakee River HRC
    NRA Life Member
    Pheasants Forever
    Delta Waterfowl

Texas is leading the way on this issue. One school principal is already packing heat.

“It is just logical,” Texas Representative Debbie Riddle, R-Tomball, who plans to introduce legislation for teachers to pack heat, told San Antonio's KENS 5-TV. “’No gun zones’ means that there’s a big sign that says ‘hey we have no way to protect ourselves.’”

BTW, the NRA nailed it today. Long live the NRA!
    The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Texas is leading the way on this issue. One school principal is already packing heat.

“It is just logical,” Texas Representative Debbie Riddle, R-Tomball, who plans to introduce legislation for teachers to pack heat, told San Antonio's KENS 5-TV. “’No gun zones’ means that there’s a big sign that says ‘hey we have no way to protect ourselves.’”

BTW, the NRA .nailed it today
    Long live the NRA!

no matter what one thinks of Wayne LaPierre, he was SPOT ON, and brought some common sense to the discussion, but I'm afraid the media wont even give him the time of day...in fact they seemed to be more concerned on the hecklers in the crowd...It was a bold,impassioned speech...Bravo Mr LaPierre
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Wayne is a tremendous spokesman for the NRA. Makes me proud to be a Life member. Would like to see another "Charleton Heston" type from that leftist/communist bastion, HOLLYWOOD, to step forth and provide some inspiration for the gun owners of the nation... mebbe Tom Selleck.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

All week I've been watching with interest Piers Morgan's attempt to rally the country into banning guns. Basically, telling us that we should have laws similar to the UK's.

Here is Ted Nugent schooling Piers on Gun Free Zones.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMso12zeYDQ

UB, Tom Selleck is way to old. We need someone more on the line of Wil Willis, a rising star.
    http://military.discovery.com/tv-sho...willis-bio.htm

more
    http://military.discovery.com/videos/triggers-videos
    Last edited by Franco; 12-21-2012 at 02:25 PM.
    The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    All week I've been watching with interest Piers Morgan's attempt to rally the country into banning guns. Basically, telling us that we should have laws similar to the UK's.

Here is Ted Nugent schooling Piers on Gun Free Zones.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMso12zeYDQ

UB, Tom Selleck is way to old. We need someone more on the line of Wil Willis, a rising star.
    http://military.discovery.com/tv-sho...willis-bio.htm

more
    http://military.discovery.com/videos/triggers-videos
    You need someone with some amount of name recognition... Wil does not have much... yet.
    Bill Davis