The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: Boykin pro wanted in Alabama

  1. #1
    Junior Member cbranum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    19

    Default Boykin pro wanted in Alabama

    Hey guys new to the sight here and also a new Boykin owner. Just picked up my 7 week old female pup. Ive owned and hunted labs all my life, but never a had a Boykin. I realize I have a bit of time to work with her before hand on the basics but I wanted to locate a Pro trainer in Alabama or close by and prepare her for his training.
    Thanks for the advise
    CB

  2. #2
    Junior Member cbranum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Im in Brantley Alabama.-(bama stripes)

  3. #3
    Senior Member Gawthorpe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    311

    Default

    If there was a pro that specialized in Boykin's he would be broke just because there are not many of them in Alabama.

    You might email Kim Smith. He is with the Music City HRC Club and knows a bunch about them. He may be able to steer you to a great trainer. He posts on this site and is located in Nashville. TN. I hunted pheasants with one a few years ago and she was tremendous.

    So if you get a Bandana with a Golden, what accessories come with a Boykin?
    KARMA - The return on your entries will increase the sooner you decide to contribute one of your weekends to be in the judge's chair and judge others who have done the same for you.

  4. #4

    Default

    Jeremy Criscoe is in Arab Al. He has trained several Boykins. I think he has one or two HRC Grand Champions under his belt.
    Whistling Wings Kennels

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Aubrey TX
    Posts
    5,880

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gawthorpe View Post
    If there was a pro that specialized in Boykin's he would be broke just because there are not many of them in Alabama.

    You might email Kim Smith. He is with the Music City HRC Club and knows a bunch about them. He may be able to steer you to a great trainer. He posts on this site and is located in Nashville. TN. I hunted pheasants with one a few years ago and she was tremendous.

    So if you get a Bandana with a Golden, what accessories come with a Boykin?
    I opted for traditional ear bows for the boykins I've trained. They looked very fetching...

  6. #6
    Senior Member jacduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Middle of Michigan n Matagorda TX (no more cause the RV park we stayed in said no to outside dogs.
    Posts
    429

    Default

    I wuz gonna say ship him/her off to TX and Angie, she will spoil da heck out of the poor pup. Seems to be plenty of Boykins going around lately.
    John C aka jacduck

    Do you really want to increase entries at the Junior Hunt Test level? Simply put a limit on entries and everyone will flock to JR and fight over how to get in and what to change to make it fair for all !!!!!

    "Duck hunter's minds are like concrete. All mixed up and permanently set."

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,089

    Default

    Where did you get this info? I believe they get some boykins in occasionally but I don't even think they've ever ran the grand. Much less titled a dog. Not meant to be a knock on his kennel because it's above facility but the information is misleading.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gauge123 View Post
    Jeremy Criscoe is in Arab Al. He has trained several Boykins. I think he has one or two HRC Grand Champions under his belt.
    Whistling Wings Kennels
    Last edited by Justin Allen; 01-02-2013 at 07:35 PM.

  8. #8
    Senior Member BlaineT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    774

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by claimsadj View Post
    Where did you get this info? I believe they get some boykins in occasionally but I don't even think they've ever ran the grand. Much less titled a dog. Not meant to be a knock on his kennel because it's above facility but the information is misleading.
    Was about to say that.
    Nor has there been anyone with 2 boykins with grand titles.
    HRCH Hudson River Drake (Possom)
    HRCH Hudson River Saying Grace (Gracie)

  9. #9
    Senior Member Esylivin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Savannah, GA
    Posts
    142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlaineT View Post
    Was about to say that.
    Nor has there been anyone with 2 boykins with grand titles.


    Yep, there has only been two and they have seperate owners.
    GRHRCH UH Saint Thomas Chief MHR
    First & Only Boykin to Pass The Master Nationals
    HRC 2500 Points Club
    2010 & 2014 BSS National Open Champion

  10. #10
    Senior Member PamK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    374

    Default

    I read this add the trainer had a couple of grands under his belt, not necessarily as the dogs he ran in the grand were Boykins
    All success belongs to the dog, all failure to the trainer.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •