The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Boykin pro wanted in Alabama

Default Boykin pro wanted in Alabama

Hey guys new to the sight here and also a new Boykin owner. Just picked up my 7 week old female pup. Ive owned and hunted labs all my life, but never a had a Boykin. I realize I have a bit of time to work with her before hand on the basics but I wanted to locate a Pro trainer in Alabama or close by and prepare her for his training.
    Thanks for the advise
    CB

Im in Brantley Alabama.-(bama stripes)

If there was a pro that specialized in Boykin's he would be broke just because there are not many of them in Alabama.

You might email Kim Smith. He is with the Music City HRC Club and knows a bunch about them. He may be able to steer you to a great trainer. He posts on this site and is located in Nashville. TN. I hunted pheasants with one a few years ago and she was tremendous.

So if you get a Bandana with a Golden, what accessories come with a Boykin?
    KARMA - The return on your entries will increase the sooner you decide to contribute one of your weekends to be in the judge's chair and judge others who have done the same for you.

Jeremy Criscoe is in Arab Al. He has trained several Boykins. I think he has one or two HRC Grand Champions under his belt.
    Whistling Wings Kennels

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gawthorpe View Post
    If there was a pro that specialized in Boykin's he would be broke just because there are not many of them in Alabama.

You might email Kim Smith. He is with the Music City HRC Club and knows a bunch about them. He may be able to steer you to a great trainer. He posts on this site and is located in Nashville. TN. I hunted pheasants with one a few years ago and she was tremendous.

So if you get a Bandana with a Golden, what accessories come with a Boykin?
    I opted for traditional ear bows for the boykins I've trained. They looked very fetching...

Middle of Michigan n Matagorda TX (no more cause the RV park we stayed in said no to outside dogs.

I wuz gonna say ship him/her off to TX and Angie, she will spoil da heck out of the poor pup. Seems to be plenty of Boykins going around lately.
    John C aka jacduck

Do you really want to increase entries at the Junior Hunt Test level? Simply put a limit on entries and everyone will flock to JR and fight over how to get in and what to change to make it fair for all !!!!!

"Duck hunter's minds are like concrete. All mixed up and permanently set."

Where did you get this info? I believe they get some boykins in occasionally but I don't even think they've ever ran the grand. Much less titled a dog. Not meant to be a knock on his kennel because it's above facility but the information is misleading.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gauge123 View Post
    Jeremy Criscoe is in Arab Al. He has trained several Boykins. I think he has one or two HRC Grand Champions under his belt.
    Whistling Wings Kennels
    Last edited by Justin Allen; 01-02-2013 at 07:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by claimsadj View Post
    Where did you get this info? I believe they get some boykins in occasionally but I don't even think they've ever ran the grand. Much less titled a dog. Not meant to be a knock on his kennel because it's above facility but the information is misleading.
    Was about to say that.
    Nor has there been anyone with 2 boykins with grand titles.
    HRCH Hudson River Drake (Possom)
    HRCH Hudson River Saying Grace (Gracie)

Quote Originally Posted by BlaineT View Post
    Was about to say that.
    Nor has there been anyone with 2 boykins with grand titles.

Yep, there has only been two and they have seperate owners.
    GRHRCH UH Saint Thomas Chief MHR
    First & Only Boykin to Pass The Master Nationals
    HRC 2500 Points Club
    2010 & 2014 BSS National Open Champion

I read this add the trainer had a couple of grands under his belt, not necessarily as the dogs he ran in the grand were Boykins
    All success belongs to the dog, all failure to the trainer.