The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Boykin pro wanted in Alabama

Stephen Durrence would be my choice. Also, contact Butch Herb, president of Mid-South Boykin Spaniel Retriever Club in Alabama. Butch has trained two excellent Boykins and is running both in the Iowa Grand. Butch also trains with Stephen on a weekly basis.
    Carolina American Water Spaniels

HRCH UH Carolina's Duck Gumbo MHA SHR RN WDS CGC TDI (Gumbo) 1000 Point Club
    UH HR GCH Carolina's Wild March Hare SH JHR RAE OA OAJ WDX CGC TDI (Bunny)
    HR CH Carolina's Running with the Hare SH JHR RN WDX CGC (Blew)

Butch was the person who turned me on to Adam. I have texted Butch and talked with him a few times. He has been to a training day that Adam had my dog at. He let me know that I would be very pleased with the job Adam has done. Other than video clips, I haven't even seen her yet but will be getting her back after the Mid South Boykin HRC in Nov.

I was there this weekend running my pup as well. Your pup looked great and had tons of desire.

Quote Originally Posted by David McCracken View Post
    Stephen Durrence would be my choice. Also, contact Butch Herb, president of Mid-South Boykin Spaniel Retriever Club in Alabama. Butch has trained two excellent Boykins and is running both in the Iowa Grand. Butch also trains with Stephen on a weekly basis.
    This.

But if Butch recommended the Adam guy to you, i'd trust him too.

Butch is the person I would ask about Boykin trainers. If he ever turns pro his truck will be FULL of the little, brown dogs.
    Mark Land

thanks!! All the credit goes to Adam. Can't wait to get my hands on her again. The plan is to get her back at the Mid south Boykin HRC in Nov, hunt her a few months and then back to Adam for the finished work.

Quote Originally Posted by fishduck View Post
    Butch is the person I would ask about Boykin trainers. If he ever turns pro his truck will be FULL of the little, brown dogs.
    I agree with that!!

Joel Porter at crown creek kennels in Cherryville NC is a great Boykin trainer. Joel has Trained 2 of the 6 MH boykins in the country, and he has the only 2 boykins entered in the master nationals. Both are BSS champions and both got there by going 6 for 7 in masters. He is in Kansas training for the nationals right now but will return calls after training. He is a great guy that helps clients a great deal in addition to the job he does with the little brown dogs. 704-692-3770
    Rob Lorber