The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Faux News Thug assaults Union worker

If you watch the video one frame at a time you will see the union guy trip as he turns. He gets up swinging.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Down East Labs 217 View Post
    If you watch the video one frame at a time you will see the union guy trip as he turns. He gets up swinging.

Richard
    Right... It's nothing new as far as the (so called) fight goes. He just released more time of the union guys cussing and threatening him and his crew. Said in an interview that there were tent pegs from the tent the union guys tore down that may have caused the guy to trip.
    Bill Davis

nothing new in this video.
    That's my boy "Blue"!!!! Flyin High in the Passenger Side x Katie May of Belgrade

Quote Originally Posted by Down East Labs 217 View Post

Richard

I call BS. I just downloaded the video and converted it to an mp4 so I could watch it frame by frame. You can clearly see Crowder following through with either a push or a punch, the guy going down, and then getting back up swinging. I would wish Crowder lots of luck in court with this one.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I call BS. I just downloaded the video and converted it to an mp4 so I could watch it frame by frame. You can clearly see Crowder following through with either a push or a punch, the guy going down, and then getting back up swinging. I would wish Crowder lots of luck in court with this one.
    Buzz

The union guy bumped into the news guy as he tripped and fell. If you look the news guys left back shoulder was facing the union guy as he fell. It think it might be pretty hard (though not impossible) to throw a punch or push someone with your back quartered away from them.

Richard

There's a scientific principle here that controls my understanding of the event. It's called the Principle of Least Astonishment and goes like, "If I said Crowder knocked the guy down or something else happened to cause him to fall, which would cause you the least astonishment?"

I offer:

1. Crowder was in a crowd of reasonably hostile and worked up folks. He was surrounded. If he was involved in an overt act, would the crowd not have responded?

2. Immediately after the incident caught on tape, the incident occurred with the hot dog vendor. This did involve the crowd and was crowd initiated it. Crowder had nothing to do with it.

3. Crowder has made an offer to the guy in the video if he'll identify himself. He has elected to remain anonymous.

While these aren't proof that would be acceptable in a court, it's possible that the film may not be either. We are left with, which is the more likely chain of events given the environment and the participants....the Principle of Least Astonishment.
    Eric

WRC HR Lennoxlove's Run with Wolves JH, WCX ("Cheyenne") ... still so fondly remembered
    HRCh Struan's Devil's in De Tails SH, WCX ("Lucy") ... as is her daughter
    SR CH Struan's Flight of Fancy JH ("Muse")
    Struan's Master of the Hunt JH, WC ("Charlie")
    Struan's Just Plain Perfect ("Jane")
    Struan's Driving Us Crazy ("Daisy") ... the baby in charge

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    Yawn....................

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Johnson View Post
    There's a scientific principle here that controls my understanding of the event. It's called the Principle of Least Astonishment and goes like, "If I said Crowder knocked the guy down or something else happened to cause him to fall, which would cause you the least astonishment?"

I offer:

1. Crowder was in a crowd of reasonably hostile and worked up folks. He was surrounded. If he was involved in an overt act, would the crowd not have responded?

2. Immediately after the incident caught on tape, the incident occurred with the hot dog vendor. This did involve the crowd and was crowd initiated it. Crowder had nothing to do with it.

3. Crowder has made an offer to the guy in the video if he'll identify himself. He has elected to remain anonymous.

While these aren't proof that would be acceptable in a court, it's possible that the film may not be either. We are left with, which is the more likely chain of events given the environment and the participants....the Principle of Least Astonishment.

Exactly... besides if the doofus union guy was defending himself, why has he been hiding ever since throwing the sucker punches? What a total and complete loser...
    Bill Davis

What was editted out of the videos that I have seen thus far but saw it today in another video is the union guys ripping the tent of American's for prosperity out of the ground and supposedly that is what he actually tripped on...Not to mention earlier in the day the same guy was already threatening Crowder saying he was going to F him up.

When younger I've been pushed by or pushed a buddy into some one to instigate a fight. If these guys were late teens or early twenty's would'nt surprise me a bit. I thought the comment that you kiss your kids with that mouth was the best.