The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Retriever Lines

Default Best Retriever Lines

As any educated dog owner knows there are select proven bloodlines/kennels that go back decades and are recognized for being the best in regards to producing dogs at excel in the hunt test and field trial arena. Such as Candlewoods. I am curious what other breeders/kennels you guys think rank up there with similar caliber. Especially those in Canada or International.
    "If you can't love a dog like a family member don't get one because they only know how to look at you as a pack member and to them.... that is FAMILY."

If you want a top dog...go Golden!

http://www.undeniablegoldens.com/Top...Producers.html

If you want to talk dog geneaology ,I would go back to NFC Cork of Oakwood > NFC AFC Del Tone Colvin or the NFC Dual Ch Shed of Arden lines, just to start the conversation
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by slzigler View Post
    As any educated dog owner knows there are select proven bloodlines/kennels that go back decades and are recognized for being the best in regards to producing dogs at excel in the hunt test and field trial arena. Such as Candlewoods. I am curious what other breeders/kennels you guys think rank up there with similar caliber. Especially those in Canada or International.
    It's actually Candlewood.
    Tom Dorroh

Id probably look at Ebontar Lean Mac in the pedigree- (which is hard not to find anyway.).
    HOME OF:
    Waterspook Sables Dark Secret, MH (Sable)
    Trumarcs Bankshot Bandit, MH ( Fats)
    Waterspook Tomfoolery, SH ( Tommie)
    IN MEMORY OF::
    Waterspook Bankshot Whiz Bang,JH (Jesse)
    Waterspooks Girl Named Bill, SH ( Billie- my princess.....)
    Waterspook Kickin' Gunshot, SH ( Boom)
    Waterspook Kickin' Good Time MH(Kick)
    Waterspooks Partner In Crime, SH ( Bouncer)
    Brush Creek Waterspook, JH, WC- my first girl.(Spooky)

Trumarc line has been very impressive and successful.
    "Speed of the captain, speed of the ship."

Travis Lund
    Stony Brook Kennels
    www.stonybrookkennels.net
    Foley, MN

I almost added Trumarc to my statement since I know they have 3 Hall of Fame dogs but refrain cause I didn't know if they could be considered the same caliber since Candlewood has double the amount. Didnt want to ruffle any feathers
    "If you can't love a dog like a family member don't get one because they only know how to look at you as a pack member and to them.... that is FAMILY."

Quote Originally Posted by slzigler View Post
    I almost added Trumarc to my statement since I know they have 3 Hall of Fame dogs but refrain cause I didn't know if they could be considered the same caliber since Candlewood has double the amount. Didnt want to ruffle any feathers
    As breeders fewer litters (Trumarc) in a lifetime than in a couple of years (Candlewood), comparing apples and oranges, no ruffled feathers, some of our best came from our studs bred to Mary Howley's (Candlewood) bitches.
    Last edited by EdA; 09-12-2014 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    If you want to talk dog geneaology ,I would go back to NFC Cork of Oakwood > NFC AFC Del Tone Colvin or the NFC Dual Ch Shed of Arden lines, just to start the conversation

Those are some beautiful dogs, never seen a pic of NFC Dual Ch Shed of Arden lines though. Pedigrees certainly looked much different back in the day!

Quote Originally Posted by EdA View Post
    As breeders fewer litters (Trumarc) in a lifetime than in a couple of years (Candlewood), comparing apples and oranges, no ruffled feathers, some of our best came from our studs bred to Mary Howley's (Candlewood) bitches.
    Haha trying to find a 5 generation pedigree without Candlewood in it, is like trying to find one without Lean Mac, seldom lol