The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: Best Retriever Lines

  1. #1
    Junior Member slzigler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    17

    Default Best Retriever Lines

    As any educated dog owner knows there are select proven bloodlines/kennels that go back decades and are recognized for being the best in regards to producing dogs at excel in the hunt test and field trial arena. Such as Candlewoods. I am curious what other breeders/kennels you guys think rank up there with similar caliber. Especially those in Canada or International.
    "If you can't love a dog like a family member don't get one because they only know how to look at you as a pack member and to them.... that is FAMILY."

  2. #2
    Senior Member swampcollielover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    1,869

    Default

    If you want a top dog...go Golden!

    http://www.undeniablegoldens.com/Top...Producers.html

  3. #3
    Senior Member BonMallari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LV/CenTex/Idaho
    Posts
    12,579

    Default

    If you want to talk dog geneaology ,I would go back to NFC Cork of Oakwood > NFC AFC Del Tone Colvin or the NFC Dual Ch Shed of Arden lines, just to start the conversation
    All my Exes live in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Boston, GA
    Posts
    2,704

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slzigler View Post
    As any educated dog owner knows there are select proven bloodlines/kennels that go back decades and are recognized for being the best in regards to producing dogs at excel in the hunt test and field trial arena. Such as Candlewoods. I am curious what other breeders/kennels you guys think rank up there with similar caliber. Especially those in Canada or International.
    It's actually Candlewood.
    Tom Dorroh

  5. #5
    Senior Member Billie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    2,281

    Default

    Id probably look at Ebontar Lean Mac in the pedigree- (which is hard not to find anyway.).
    HOME OF:
    Waterspook Sables Dark Secret, MH (Sable)
    Trumarcs Bankshot Bandit, MH ( Fats)
    Waterspook Tomfoolery, SH ( Tommie)
    IN MEMORY OF::
    Waterspook Bankshot Whiz Bang,JH (Jesse)
    Waterspooks Girl Named Bill, SH ( Billie- my princess.....)
    Waterspook Kickin' Gunshot, SH ( Boom)
    Waterspook Kickin' Good Time MH(Kick)
    Waterspooks Partner In Crime, SH ( Bouncer)
    Brush Creek Waterspook, JH, WC- my first girl.(Spooky)

  6. #6
    Senior Member stonybrook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    549

    Default

    Trumarc line has been very impressive and successful.
    "Speed of the captain, speed of the ship."

    Travis Lund
    Stony Brook Kennels
    www.stonybrookkennels.net
    Foley, MN

  7. #7
    Junior Member slzigler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    17

    Default

    I almost added Trumarc to my statement since I know they have 3 Hall of Fame dogs but refrain cause I didn't know if they could be considered the same caliber since Candlewood has double the amount. Didnt want to ruffle any feathers
    "If you can't love a dog like a family member don't get one because they only know how to look at you as a pack member and to them.... that is FAMILY."

  8. #8
    Senior Member EdA's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    6,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slzigler View Post
    I almost added Trumarc to my statement since I know they have 3 Hall of Fame dogs but refrain cause I didn't know if they could be considered the same caliber since Candlewood has double the amount. Didnt want to ruffle any feathers
    As breeders fewer litters (Trumarc) in a lifetime than in a couple of years (Candlewood), comparing apples and oranges, no ruffled feathers, some of our best came from our studs bred to Mary Howley's (Candlewood) bitches.
    Last edited by EdA; 09-12-2014 at 01:56 PM.

  9. #9
    Junior Member slzigler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    If you want to talk dog geneaology ,I would go back to NFC Cork of Oakwood > NFC AFC Del Tone Colvin or the NFC Dual Ch Shed of Arden lines, just to start the conversation

    Those are some beautiful dogs, never seen a pic of NFC Dual Ch Shed of Arden lines though. Pedigrees certainly looked much different back in the day!
    "If you can't love a dog like a family member don't get one because they only know how to look at you as a pack member and to them.... that is FAMILY."

  10. #10
    Junior Member slzigler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EdA View Post
    As breeders fewer litters (Trumarc) in a lifetime than in a couple of years (Candlewood), comparing apples and oranges, no ruffled feathers, some of our best came from our studs bred to Mary Howley's (Candlewood) bitches.
    Haha trying to find a 5 generation pedigree without Candlewood in it, is like trying to find one without Lean Mac, seldom lol
    "If you can't love a dog like a family member don't get one because they only know how to look at you as a pack member and to them.... that is FAMILY."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •