The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Serious AR question

I dont think I would want to be sportin a pistol grip shotgun to hunt anything in California.!!

If Miss Fienstien gets her way,,, The FEDERAL law may be similar...

Gooser
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

So,, again we see a state that has highly restrictive, very specific gun control laws...

We have a U.S. Constitution that gives us the RIGHT to keep and bear arms.

other people have taken their respective states gun laws to the supreme court,, and some of those laws have been found to be unconstitutional,, and again,,,, Thaink of the number of people, and the timeframe those folks lived under and obeyed and unconstitutional law..

The second ammendment stands as wriitten...

There has been No ammendments to it..

There has only been oppressive STATE laws unconstitutionall forced on us...

And the reasons those laws get passed,, is our societys majority that voted those state reps in office.....

We really have a HUGE fight on our hands if you are Pro gun..

I think if you are a fence sitter,, Ya gotta grow up and hatch,, if Ya want to keep you gun..

If you have the attitude,, They can take the "assult" rifle away,, wont affect me.....

Well,, Ya better wake up,, and realise that eventually they want Your airsoft gun too..

Gooser
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by John Daniels View Post
    AR is for Armalite.
    Absolutely correct. Armalite developed the weapon and sold the rights to Colt in the late 1950's.

Most people erronously think "hint news media lead them to believe" it means assault rifle.

This "assault" garbage, fabricated and used by media sensationalists, is crazy. I can Assault someone with any weapon I choose. The key here is the I choose part.

I'm I more guilty or less guilty if I assualt you with an AR 15, a hammer, a nife, a baseball bat, my fists, a sword, a shotgun, or a pistol?
    Last edited by Dman; 12-22-2012 at 05:42 PM.
    "Force fetch isn't about retrieving as much as it is conditioning a dog to handle pressure, in a very controlled environment. It's about putting a dog in the position of having to figure out how to turn off pressure by finding the correct response. This translates into numerous areas in training." Sharon Potter.

Quote Originally Posted by MooseGooser View Post

The second ammendment stands as wriitten...

There has been No ammendments to it..
    Unfortunately there are those that would love and are actively trying to put an eraser to the last words of the second ammendment which states "and shall not be infringed"

I just dont understand why folks cannot get that. Pretty unambigous to me. But thats just me.

Quote Originally Posted by freezeland View Post
    Unfortunately there are those that would love and are actively trying to put an eraser to the last words of the second ammendment which states "and shall not be infringed"

I just dont understand why folks cannot get that. Pretty unambigous to me. But thats just me.
    I think they understand it. I think they are lying to the American People...they full well understand it. That's why they want it gone.
    "Force fetch isn't about retrieving as much as it is conditioning a dog to handle pressure, in a very controlled environment. It's about putting a dog in the position of having to figure out how to turn off pressure by finding the correct response. This translates into numerous areas in training." Sharon Potter.

As expected from the past here, this thread went awry and beyond the original questions of why would you want. No matter because I got some real answers early in the thread which I was digging for. The rest is just rehash of old info for me.

I do however continue to support your desire to have any weapon you desire as long as you use it for legal endeavors.

Thank you all.
    John C aka jacduck

"Duck hunter's minds are like concrete. All mixed up and permanently set."

Mr Danials

Good luck with your play on words..

The examples of the laws that have been posted doesnt support you..
    or your opinion... The california law specifically addresses the AR with certain options illegal.
    Either weapon or Rifle
    Nice try though,, Let me know if it works.. I sincerly hope it does...

I think it all Hoohey!!:
    I am convinced... someday, I will be considered a felon because of guns I own,, that will be deemed an Illegal weapon, rifle,,Pistole" or bludgening club. by incremental unconstitutional legislation..

Many peoples Utopia doesnt include Guns..
    We better get use to it..... I really dont think any of us will do a damn thing about it..

Gooser

Quote Originally Posted by jacduck View Post
    As expected from the past here, this thread went awry and beyond the original questions of why would you want. No matter because I got some real answers early in the thread which I was digging for. The rest is just rehash of old info for me.

I do however continue to support your desire to have any weapon you desire as long as you use it for legal endeavors.

Thank you all.
    Jackduck//

You start a thread,, and 54 posts later, you finally show up to add your two cents,, and you Complain someone has hyjacked it?????

Where the Hayll Ya been,,, Boy???

Why do YOU want an AR??????

I will answere your question as far as my situation goes..
    All of a sudden I want one cause they is gonna be Illegal ,, prolly before the end of the year!!

Hows that!

Yawnnnnnn!!! What a boring answer!!!

Gooser
    Last edited by MooseGooser; 12-22-2012 at 08:23 PM.

1st I am not complaining, simply observing the norm of internet communication. rereading my post it did sound like a complaint but not intended. Should have put one of those things that indicate a chuckle behind it but I don't know how.

I personally have no need for an expensive shooting device, I have a wife who hunts and likes to make loud noises repeatedly so my ammo budget is always in the red.

I had my time shooting rifles that shoot many times in the Army way back in the early 60s. I am one of the 7% who served in the military to make sure the 100% could speak and bear arms freely and now I am distraught at the direction our country is going. This change is not what I intended.

Gotta go, need to set decoys and trying getting supper.
    John C aka jacduck

"Duck hunter's minds are like concrete. All mixed up and permanently set."

I have my AR for many reasons. One I bought it when I first got into law enforcement to start training with early because SWAT is what I wanted to do and I wanted to be on the SWAT team ASAP. Nxt was I started doin the local 3gun competitions which are a blast. They also are so damn fun to shoot them little varmints with off the deck on a nice day while you watch the wildlife. Oh not to forget that if somebody comes into my hous un-invited it'll definitely keep my family safe
    Bay's Smokin' Aces Royal Flush "Ace"