RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Serious AR question

14K views 61 replies 34 participants last post by  Pete 
#1 ·
A really serious question here before you flame I do own and use guns almost daily 7 months a year. I might even carry the other 5.

Question why do you want an AR?

Don't give me flip answers and don't incriminate yourself NSA is watching beyond a doubt.

If I were target shooting I like the most accurate I can get. MOA works just fine for me.

If I am sport hunting I want a 1 shot kill.

I am seriously trying to find out the motivation.

#40 ·
I wonder how far Mr Danials will get explaining to a California Judge that in his (mr danials) opinion his AR15 isnt an assult rifle because it doesnt have the "Burst" option.
:)

Gooser

#41 ·
I dont think I would want to be sportin a pistol grip shotgun to hunt anything in California.!!

If Miss Fienstien gets her way,,, The FEDERAL law may be similar...

Gooser

#42 ·
So,, again we see a state that has highly restrictive, very specific gun control laws...

We have a U.S. Constitution that gives us the RIGHT to keep and bear arms.

other people have taken their respective states gun laws to the supreme court,, and some of those laws have been found to be unconstitutional,, and again,,,, Thaink of the number of people, and the timeframe those folks lived under and obeyed and unconstitutional law..

The second ammendment stands as wriitten...

There has been No ammendments to it..

There has only been oppressive STATE laws unconstitutionall forced on us...

And the reasons those laws get passed,, is our societys majority that voted those state reps in office.....

We really have a HUGE fight on our hands if you are Pro gun..

I think if you are a fence sitter,, Ya gotta grow up and hatch,, if Ya want to keep you gun..

If you have the attitude,, They can take the "assult" rifle away,, wont affect me.....

Well,, Ya better wake up,, and realise that eventually they want Your airsoft gun too..

Gooser

This post has been deleted
This post has been deleted
#46 ·
As expected from the past here, this thread went awry and beyond the original questions of why would you want. No matter because I got some real answers early in the thread which I was digging for. The rest is just rehash of old info for me.

I do however continue to support your desire to have any weapon you desire as long as you use it for legal endeavors.

Thank you all.

#48 · (Edited)
As expected from the past here, this thread went awry and beyond the original questions of why would you want. No matter because I got some real answers early in the thread which I was digging for. The rest is just rehash of old info for me.

I do however continue to support your desire to have any weapon you desire as long as you use it for legal endeavors.

Thank you all.
Jackduck//

You start a thread,, and 54 posts later, you finally show up to add your two cents,, and you Complain someone has hyjacked it????? :):):)

Where the Hayll Ya been,,, Boy???

Why do YOU want an AR??????

I will answere your question as far as my situation goes..
All of a sudden I want one cause they is gonna be Illegal ,, prolly before the end of the year!!

Hows that!:):)

Yawnnnnnn!!! What a boring answer!!!

Gooser

#49 ·
1st I am not complaining, simply observing the norm of internet communication. rereading my post it did sound like a complaint but not intended. Should have put one of those things that indicate a chuckle behind it but I don't know how.

I personally have no need for an expensive shooting device, I have a wife who hunts and likes to make loud noises repeatedly so my ammo budget is always in the red.

I had my time shooting rifles that shoot many times in the Army way back in the early 60s. I am one of the 7% who served in the military to make sure the 100% could speak and bear arms freely and now I am distraught at the direction our country is going. This change is not what I intended.

Gotta go, need to set decoys and trying getting supper.

#50 ·
I have my AR for many reasons. One I bought it when I first got into law enforcement to start training with early because SWAT is what I wanted to do and I wanted to be on the SWAT team ASAP. Nxt was I started doin the local 3gun competitions which are a blast. They also are so damn fun to shoot them little varmints with off the deck on a nice day while you watch the wildlife. Oh not to forget that if somebody comes into my hous un-invited it'll definitely keep my family safe

#52 ·
I own one in 6.8 for deer hunting as well as predator hunting. I also own bolt guns and semi auto guns. The first time I picked it up I was in awe over the ergonomics of the gun, it is by far the most comfortable rifle I have carried hunting and has TONS of aftermarket support I can customize the entire gun. It will also shoot 1/2" groups at 100 yards with my hand loads. The media leads everyone too believe these guns are evil, well I ask what makes them so evil??? If people did the research for themselves rather than rely on what the media tells them they would see that you can buy 10 round magazines for at least 4 of the semi automatic riflemakers as well as tactical stocks and accessories albeit expensive. So now tell me if the AR is banned will all semi automatic rifles be banned, and then will they look too take shotguns as well???

#53 ·
the Second Amendment is to allow the citizenry of this country to protect themselves against a tyrannical government. It is not about my hunting rifles and shotguns ...It was written because of the Revolutionary War having been fought by the authors. It is second only to free speech , because that was also something denied by the Queen .The founders of this great nation knew , forever , to protect the right to be able to speak freely and arm themselves to have a truly free society. They lived under a government that did not allow basic freedoms....It is a fool who thinks the right to free speech will remain intact once the Second Amendment is hacked apart ..And if you think the government is your friend , I have some oceanfront property in South Dakota I want to sell you...................

#54 ·
Nice post John!

#56 ·
I am among the strongest of supporters of the 2nd amendment. Hell all of them!

The question is not about rights it is about desire. All I asked was "why do you want an AR?" Personal reasons are what I was looking for. There is nothing hidden in my agenda just a straight forward question. I know a few tricks about self defense and would definitely stand up against a government that over steps. Always looking for more information is my agenda....

#60 ·
Because we are over run with hogs. My mini 14 works wonders as does any of my AR's.

More importantly I live in an area that is prone to hurricanes. Civil unrest often follows natural disasters. I have spent weeks without power meaning little or no gas stations or grocery stores as well. Hungry and unprepared people do things you would not normally see. It is very hard to defend against a GROUP looters with a pistol, shotgun, or bolt action. I have never had it come to that but you only have to look at NOLA to see that it can happen. I do not trust our government, not in the sense that they will take over but I could see a financial collapse and civil unrest. I hope to never see something like that but you never know. I have been boating for 47 years and have never been forced into the water but I always have life jackets and an EPRB on board just in case. I hope to never need my live jackets or AR's but I am sure glad I have them if I do.

#57 ·
I own many because they shoot so darn well, and have quick follow up shots if needed. In a dog town you can spot your own hit or miss and reaquire another rat without lifting or moving your head to chamber another round.
Ever had multiple coyotes come to a call?
Pretty hard to get a second or third with a bolt gun.

#58 ·
Want an Ar? Easy they are fun to shoot. I do not deer hunt with my AR. I do not use it for home defense. I use it for fun, and for some varmint hunting (which is fun). The AR and my old Mini 14 are basically the same thing. No one ever tried to throw a hissy fit about my mini 14, because it looked like a deer rifle. You go and put a pistol grip on something and people freak out.

I also like to shoot my AR because it is what all my buddies shoot. (most ex military) When we all have the same ammo it makes it easier to play, because if i forget my ammo, or run out or they got a balistic tip, or tracer round, it is all interchangeable. Just like we all shoot 12 gauges, same difference.

#61 ·
As I sat here and typed these responses I hear on the local news of a home invasion that involved three suspects. I don't know how good a shot you are in a situation where your live is on the line, but taking on three people, I am more comfortably with 30 rounds in my AR's than I am with a handful in a position or shotgun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.