The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Serious AR question

"I am more concerned about anarchy and thugs, despots of society taking adavntage of Strife, and trying to steal whats mine..."

This is why law abiding citizens should should own "defense type" of weapons. IMHO
    May you pin all the marks and line the blinds!!

Avatar courtesy of RTF"s TZAPPIA

Quote Originally Posted by Rnd View Post
    "I am more concerned about anarchy and thugs, despots of society taking adavntage of Strife, and trying to steal whats mine..."

This is why law abiding citizens should should own "defense type" of weapons. IMHO
    I agree whole-hartedly
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

Gooser I think you are right on, and to answer the OP post, this is all that is necessary why I want or don't want and AR. "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed." the court's have repeadly upheald this view.

If the anti gun rights people want to change the 2nd ammendment to the constitution, there are means to do so. Quit beating around the bush and pass an amendment to the constitution if you think you can. If not, shut up about it.
    Last edited by Dman; 12-21-2012 at 09:09 PM.
    "Force fetch isn't about retrieving as much as it is conditioning a dog to handle pressure, in a very controlled environment. It's about putting a dog in the position of having to figure out how to turn off pressure by finding the correct response. This translates into numerous areas in training." Sharon Potter.

And I also feel.. that Our representatives that dont follow the oath they have taken,, should be Impeached..

Deliberatly Circumventing the second ammendment of the constitution,, In My opinion,, is an Impeachable offence.

I mean The fact that we as a society considered impeachment for our president having sex,, then Lying under OATH...... wellll......

Gooser
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

Quote Originally Posted by MooseGooser View Post
    And I also feel.. that Our representatives that dont follow the oath they have taken,, should be Impeached..

Deliberatly Circumventing the second ammendment of the constitution,, In My opinion,, is an Impeachable offence.

I mean The fact that we as a society considered impeachment for our president having sex,, then Lying under OATH...... wellll......

Gooser
    I agree 100%. I'ts not rocket science either. I don't understand why many others don't get this.
    "Force fetch isn't about retrieving as much as it is conditioning a dog to handle pressure, in a very controlled environment. It's about putting a dog in the position of having to figure out how to turn off pressure by finding the correct response. This translates into numerous areas in training." Sharon Potter.

Quote Originally Posted by MooseGooser View Post

Gooser
    Wellll . . . . .

Actually, WE DID IMPEACH the president for lying under oath. The Senate just didn't remove him from office for his perjury (the spineless slugs!).

I wouldn't expect the courts to uphold our 2nd ammendment rights either. Thanks to Chief Justice Roberts we're going to have to bend over and take Obama care whether it is constitutional (yeah right!) or not!

I see no restrictions listed in the 2nd ammendment to the types of arms a citizen may own. Anything less is an infringement on our rights. Time to quit taking the crap the left is selling.

Swack
    Jeff Swackhamer

I have one of those evil black guns and a number of others most common Joe's don't have. Mine is a NFA controlled item's because of a shot barrel, i.e. like a 7.5" barrel. I also have a suppressors for it, and a combo laser sight and tactical flashlight installed in the foregrip. It is a home defense gun. I also have a full auto pistol submachine gun (MAC-10/45) registered with the ATF under title II of the NFA. Why, becuase the second ammendment say's I can. For those of you who do not know, Civilians can, and do own machine guns legally provided they were built prior to May 86 when Regan signed the Gun Control Act which banned Machine Gun's manufactured after that date except for LEO's and the Military. Pre ban MG's (those made prior May 86) such as mine are quite valuable today and are still transferable. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

I dont own one and dont feel the need to own one. It's just a rifle BFD. I see nothing special in one. Home defense? Give me a 12 ga any day. Just looking at the size of the hole in the end of the barrel is enough to scare me. A fully automatic machine gun, now that would be fun but they have already banned them and I want one.
    Problem with the government is they always look in the wrong place to try and fix things. I dont get it. Are they stupid? Blame a stupid non functioning piece of steel because some lunitic crazy sob kills someone. Reform health care by making people that can afford it pay more so those same crazy lunitic sob's that cant or wont go out and work can have it. Then there is the economy. Lets fix that by penalizing the guy that has gone out and made someting of himself and been successful by raising his taxes again so those same worthless sob's dont have to go out and earn their keep.
    My dad never earned more than $800 a month in his life, owned a house new cars raised 4 kids and we never were hurting for anything. We always had food on the table new bikes to ride and toys to play with. But now compared to then everything cost 100 times more. Why? Go to the ER and they put you in a bed for one night just for observation, I hate to think what that would cost you to sleep in their bed for the night. Probably a couple grand. Oh wait they gave you 2 asprins that will be another $100.
    The way I see it the whole problem with everything is people and the abuse of everything we can get our hands on. Again they look everywhere but where the problem is to try and fix things, No wonder nothing gets done.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Shaver View Post
    I dont own one and dont feel the need to own one. It's just a rifle BFD. I see nothing special in one. Home defense? Give me a 12 ga any day. Just looking at the size of the hole in the end of the barrel is enough to scare me. A fully automatic machine gun, now that would be fun but they have already banned them and I want one.
    Problem with the government is they always look in the wrong place to try and fix things. I dont get it. Are they stupid? Blame a stupid non functioning piece of steel because some lunitic crazy sob kills someone. Reform health care by making people that can afford it pay more so those same crazy lunitic sob's that cant or wont go out and work can have it. Then there is the economy. Lets fix that by penalizing the guy that has gone out and made someting of himself and been successful by raising his taxes again so those same worthless sob's dont have to go out and earn their keep.
    My dad never earned more than $800 a month in his life, owned a house new cars raised 4 kids and we never were hurting for anything. We always had food on the table new bikes to ride and toys to play with. But now compared to then everything cost 100 times more. Why? Go to the ER and they put you in a bed for one night just for observation, I hate to think what that would cost you to sleep in their bed for the night. Probably a couple grand. Oh wait they gave you 2 asprins that will be another $100.
    The way I see it the whole problem with everything is people and the abuse of everything we can get our hands on. Again they look everywhere but where the problem is to try and fix things, No wonder nothing gets done.
    Machine guns are not banned in all states, but they are expensive and the process is time-consuming in the states that allow them. I'm not familiar with the law in Utah.
    Joshua T.

I own one. I shoot it every once in a while. It is fun to shoot. It IS NOT MY CHOICE FOR HOME DEFENSE. I have a Mossberg M590A1 12 ga. for home defense.

Lonster
    Last edited by Lonnie Spann; 12-22-2012 at 09:56 AM.