The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Serious AR question

Quote Originally Posted by FinnLandR View Post
    The first post (51) is the same language as the Federal law that was repealed by sunset clause in 2004. Connecticut simply adopted it into their law.

The second post (56) is a direct quote from the Code of Federal Regulations. "Assault rifle" is never defined by the Federal Government. "Automatic rifle" is, however.

The United States Defense Department’s Defense Intelligence Agency book Small Arms Identification and Operation Guide says:

, “assault rifles” are “short, compact, selective-fire weapons that fire a cartridge intermediate in power between submachine gun and rifle cartridges.”

Defense Intelligence Agency, Small Arms Identification and Operation Guide - Eurasian Communist Countries 105 (Washington: Government Printing Office, 1988).

Not sure if that applies to what you are referring to, but I found that with aquick google search.

I own one in 6.8 for deer hunting as well as predator hunting. I also own bolt guns and semi auto guns. The first time I picked it up I was in awe over the ergonomics of the gun, it is by far the most comfortable rifle I have carried hunting and has TONS of aftermarket support I can customize the entire gun. It will also shoot 1/2" groups at 100 yards with my hand loads. The media leads everyone too believe these guns are evil, well I ask what makes them so evil??? If people did the research for themselves rather than rely on what the media tells them they would see that you can buy 10 round magazines for at least 4 of the semi automatic riflemakers as well as tactical stocks and accessories albeit expensive. So now tell me if the AR is banned will all semi automatic rifles be banned, and then will they look too take shotguns as well???

the Second Amendment is to allow the citizenry of this country to protect themselves against a tyrannical government. It is not about my hunting rifles and shotguns ...It was written because of the Revolutionary War having been fought by the authors. It is second only to free speech , because that was also something denied by the Queen .The founders of this great nation knew , forever , to protect the right to be able to speak freely and arm themselves to have a truly free society. They lived under a government that did not allow basic freedoms....It is a fool who thinks the right to free speech will remain intact once the Second Amendment is hacked apart ..And if you think the government is your friend , I have some oceanfront property in South Dakota I want to sell you...................
    SEMPER FI . FROM MY COLD , DEAD HANDS .

www.bashakilllabradors.com

Nice post John!
    "Force fetch isn't about retrieving as much as it is conditioning a dog to handle pressure, in a very controlled environment. It's about putting a dog in the position of having to figure out how to turn off pressure by finding the correct response. This translates into numerous areas in training." Sharon Potter.

Quote Originally Posted by jacduck View Post
    A really serious question here before you flame I do own and use guns almost daily 7 months a year. I might even carry the other 5.

Question why do you want an AR?

Don't give me flip answers and don't incriminate yourself NSA is watching beyond a doubt.

If I were target shooting I like the most accurate I can get. MOA works just fine for me.

If I am sport hunting I want a 1 shot kill.

I am seriously trying to find out the motivation.

It's not about want. It's called a Bill of Rights, not a Bill of Wants or Needs.

There are many rights and freedoms afforded to me by the Constitution that I don't need or want but that's not the issue.

I am among the strongest of supporters of the 2nd amendment. Hell all of them!

The question is not about rights it is about desire. All I asked was "why do you want an AR?" Personal reasons are what I was looking for. There is nothing hidden in my agenda just a straight forward question. I know a few tricks about self defense and would definitely stand up against a government that over steps. Always looking for more information is my agenda....
    John C aka jacduck

"Duck hunter's minds are like concrete. All mixed up and permanently set."

I own many because they shoot so darn well, and have quick follow up shots if needed. In a dog town you can spot your own hit or miss and reaquire another rat without lifting or moving your head to chamber another round.
    Ever had multiple coyotes come to a call?
    Pretty hard to get a second or third with a bolt gun.

Want an Ar? Easy they are fun to shoot. I do not deer hunt with my AR. I do not use it for home defense. I use it for fun, and for some varmint hunting (which is fun). The AR and my old Mini 14 are basically the same thing. No one ever tried to throw a hissy fit about my mini 14, because it looked like a deer rifle. You go and put a pistol grip on something and people freak out.

I also like to shoot my AR because it is what all my buddies shoot. (most ex military) When we all have the same ammo it makes it easier to play, because if i forget my ammo, or run out or they got a balistic tip, or tracer round, it is all interchangeable. Just like we all shoot 12 gauges, same difference.
    Benjamin Fain

Quote Originally Posted by MooseGooser View Post
    Seriously????

C-mon!!!

Waco Texas
    The Greatest Armies and Warriors of the WORLD have tried ...
    Your Ar???

A better bet,, Would be to Remind the People who took the Oath to Obey the constitution to remember their pledge..
    The "oath Keepers" have an interesting website..

States to refuse federal Laws to Oppresive legislation..
    Your VOTE more powerful.

Reminders to your congress goon,, they will loose their cushy job if they dont obey the second ammendment..

Demonstrations in the streets!!!

Gooser
    yes we are far out armed by he government. All the more reason to have them. The founding fathers intended for the people to keep and bear arms equal to any government foreign or domestic. I am sure they never in visioned the arms the world would have today, but really it is no matter, they intended for us to have arms equal to governments foreign or domestic.
    While it is true we are way out armed by the government it does not mean we should succumb to have more of our arms taken away. Using that logic we don't need guns for anything, the super markets are stocked with far more than you find in your local woods, so why do you need a gun to hunt? We need to be allowed to have any weapon we can. I am sure that folks in many nations around the world would disagree with you that a military style weapon can be and is used daily against governments that have become tyrannical.
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Quote Originally Posted by jacduck View Post
    I am among the strongest of supporters of the 2nd amendment. Hell all of them!

The question is not about rights it is about desire. All I asked was "why do you want an AR?" Personal reasons are what I was looking for. There is nothing hidden in my agenda just a straight forward question. I know a few tricks about self defense and would definitely stand up against a government that over steps. Always looking for more information is my agenda....
    Because we are over run with hogs. My mini 14 works wonders as does any of my AR's.

More importantly I live in an area that is prone to hurricanes. Civil unrest often follows natural disasters. I have spent weeks without power meaning little or no gas stations or grocery stores as well. Hungry and unprepared people do things you would not normally see. It is very hard to defend against a GROUP looters with a pistol, shotgun, or bolt action. I have never had it come to that but you only have to look at NOLA to see that it can happen. I do not trust our government, not in the sense that they will take over but I could see a financial collapse and civil unrest. I hope to never see something like that but you never know. I have been boating for 47 years and have never been forced into the water but I always have life jackets and an EPRB on board just in case. I hope to never need my live jackets or AR's but I am sure glad I have them if I do.
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke