The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Public Service Message

Quote Originally Posted by john fallon View Post
    Not withstanding the fact that I abhor the problems within the system with regard to the swift prosecution , convection and punnishment of the perpetrators of these gun related crimes..... If some "nut job" perpetuates a crime against me or one of mine using YOUR gun , you can realistically expect to have to defend against a law suite brought by Me against YOU . You can also expect me to be camped out at the District Attorneys office, lobbying for a criminal negligence investigation.......

john

Well, my guess is that you won't want many of us on the jury. You'd never win if I was a juror.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Not withstanding the fact that I abhor the problems within the system with regard to the swift prosecution , convection and punnishment of the perpetrators of these gun related crimes..... If some "nut job" perpetuates a crime against me or one of mine using YOUR gun , you can realistically expect to have to defend against a law suite brought by Me against YOU . You can also expect me to be camped out at the District Attorneys office, lobbying for a criminal negligence investigation.......

john
    And what would you realistically gain by suing me? If someone enters my house and steals my guns how am I at fault for their crime? It seems to me there would be several victims, your party and mine and one criminal. So do I then sue the manufacturer that made my breakable windows? You make no sense with this reasoning. If this was the case every gun manufacturer would be sued for shooting's. Of course there are some people who think that if someone so much as hurts their feelings they should sue them,you seem to be falling into this category John.

Realize who the true criminal would be in this situation.
    Shawn White

HR Big Creek Retrievers Independence Day JH QAA "Indy "

If some "nut job" perpetuates a crime against me or one of mine using YOUR gun , you can realistically expect to have to defend against a law suite brought by Me against YOU . You can also expect me to be camped out at the District Attorneys office, lobbying for a criminal negligence investigation.......

john

This is a prime example of folks in society resposibilty to listen to the menatally Ill crying out for help!!

John,,, seriously,,, I know you like to rock the boat here and start stirrin the pot,,but PLEASE tell me you arnt serious!!!!
    If you are,,, Remember the saying,,

People In glass houses shouldnt throw stones!!

There would be MANY instances I could prolly apply your logig to many of your personal situations...

get real!!

You do realise that stupid Gooser had to point this out to you dont you?

Gooser
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

How many "Locks" on my guns do criminals have to break befor I am not convicted of your neglagence charge???

The front door to my home is always locked when I am gone...
    We have a sercurity company..
    Front door locked Locked the majority of the time when I am at home...

I have a man eating 13 month old labrador Bitch with an attitude...

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII am neglegent????

You need to double dose your medication.

Gooser
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.

OHHH!!

and then there's Diane!!!

Good luck buddy!!

Gooser

Quote Originally Posted by MooseGooser View Post
    How many "Locks" on my guns do criminals have to break before I am not convicted of your negligence charge???

The front door to my home is always locked when I am gone...
    We have a security company..
    Front door locked Locked the majority of the time when I am at home...
    I have a man eating 13 month old Labrador Bitch with an attitude...

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII am negligent????

You need to double dose your medication.

Gooser
    Given the highlighted section of your post ,You may be OK. But as the OP indicated,and others posting on this thread have confirmed there are those among us who's' "responsible care and custody" falls far short of an acceptable standard.

john
    Last edited by john fallon; 12-22-2012 at 05:10 PM.
    "i guess the old saying 'those of us that think we know everything annoy those of you that does' " --bobbyb 9/13/06

"A Good Dog is a Good Dog"

I keep two guns loaded and out where I can get to them at all times. The rest are in my gun cabinet. The guns I use for protection are worthless if they are not loaded. I just had a pickup truck with two shady charachters come down my long semi-rural driveway today in broad daylight driving very fast (I have a long driveway)... when they realized someone was home they backed out so fast they nearly went in the ditch on the other side of the road. I couldn't get out there fast enough to get a tag number... but they didn't really do anything anyway except scram. This has happened several times here. If someone makes the mistake of breaking in while I'm here they get their choice... 20 gauge with buckshot or my 38 special...
    Bill Davis

Nothing wrong at all with a 20 ga. for home protection. It's a great choice if you have kids or others sleeping in other rooms.
    "Force fetch isn't about retrieving as much as it is conditioning a dog to handle pressure, in a very controlled environment. It's about putting a dog in the position of having to figure out how to turn off pressure by finding the correct response. This translates into numerous areas in training." Sharon Potter.

Take this crap to POTUS
    A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.

Own all the guns of any type that you want and tend to them as you will, but.......The owner of the gun should be responsible for its care and custody.

So I say to those who have decided to shirk this responsibility. If a crime is committed with a gun that belongs to you, you should be able to be criminally and civilly held responsible along with the person who committed the crime .

And NO I don't think that this would be an infringement on your right to keep and bear arms.

john
    Let me get this straight. As far as you are concerned if someone breaks into my house (a crime) steals a gun ( a crime) I should be responsible rather than the criminal????
    NOT!!!!
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI