RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Public Service Message

19K views 80 replies 35 participants last post by  John Robinson 
#1 ·
OK...You're a responsible sportsman and gun owner...show it. I challenge each and every one of our RTF members to get right with responsible gun ownership. If you have one firearm in your residence...purchase a combination gun safe. I know there are many of you fellow sportsman out there that own one, two, three or more guns and they are in a closet or under a bed or in a gun rack in the family room....Do the right thing, society has changed, what kids watch on tv has changed, our duty as responsible firearm owners has not changed...I ask this of each and every one of you..

This message may have been posted by another member in some shape or form but I felt compelled to challenge any of you that do not have a combination gun safe....Accept the Challenge!

Thanks,....Merry Chrismas and Happy New Year,

-Ron

#57 ·
Anybody but me concerned at all about how many folks are posting on a public forum what kind and how many guns they have? Not only that, but they are telling where they keep them and about their security arrangements???? I think its great to discuss the laws and rights and to comment on what effect changes in them will have on us and our sports, but too much info here!

#59 ·
I think I have heard John's argument before as an effective way to get rid of all guns.

Oh yeah, I have also heard this same argument on negligent responsibility before as justification for holding family members financially responsible for actions of children (any age), siblings, parents, etc. I am not surprised by this argument given society today.

#72 ·
Goose ,very good post ,but I do like the fact that the "others" post their side so we can keep an eye on what they are really thinking. "Law suit to any man that has a dime to take."

Thanks for the heads up John, from your previous post on this thread I can clearly see you are one of the one's that have aided in putting this country on its knee's as a sue happy crowd that thinks any high dollar lawyer is far above the "common sense " of many and will find a bullsh*t law to sue a common man for their mis-fortune.

#75 · (Edited)
Goose ,very good post ,but I do like the fact that the "others" post their side so we can keep an eye on what they are really thinking. "Law suit to any man that has a dime to take."

Thanks for the heads up John, from your previous post on this thread I can clearly see you are one of the one's that have aided in putting this country on its knee's as a sue happy crowd that thinks any high dollar lawyer is far above the "common sense " of many and will find a bullsh*t law to sue a common man for their mis-fortune.
You don't know the half of it . I have taken a case all the way to the Pa Supreme Court to prevail . See Coatesville Contractors and Engineers v Borough of Ridley Park http://www.leagle.com/xmlResult.aspx?xmldoc=19861062509Pa553_2942.xml&docbase=CSLWAR2-1986-2006

So I repeat; I want US to be allowed to have any and all of the guns of Our choosing that WE want, but if YOU do not act responsibly their care and coustody,and one of them is used against me or mine EVEN by someone other than yourself, expect to have to defend your inactions in a civil action brought aginst YOU by ME.

As for Goosers handshake post, Im crushed.......:eek:

john

#73 ·
Another good post. Thanks Shawn!
Lawyers wil put an end to this country as we know it.

#81 ·
Hi John,

I realize we are arguing hypotheticals here as it is extremely unlikely that you personally will be harmed by some RTFers stolen gun. The point I was trying to make is that our Country's gun culture and attitudes toward hunting, self protection, individual rights and responsibilities vary greatly by region, what works well and is appropriate for NY City or Washington DC would be terrible in rural Montana, Wyoming or Alaska and visa versa. So, as you say Federal law trumps all, I am generally opposed to greater federal laws that infringe on local customs. I realize we can argue this ad nauseum, I'm not talking about univeral issues such as slavery, and where you draw the line on what is a universal truth probably varies with where you are on a liberal-conservative political scale.

As for whether our State's gun laws are within or without the Federal mainstream, we can only go by actual Federal law, and to this point I am unaware of any Federal law that prescribes a standard for care and custody of a firearm. You can of course argue your case in civil court, like I said you would probably prevail among a jury of peers in NY or PA, probably not in Montana or Wyoming.

John

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.