The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Public Service Message

Quote Originally Posted by MooseGooser View Post
    Well maybe YOU should take some time for research on the second ammendment and its meaning,, then you would have such a squewed interpretation of it..

There are many places to go for information.. Duke University did a wonderful study on your very question. Its easily searched on the net.

Hillsdale college offers a great course on the constitution. Its Free.. Very good also.

But to answere you question in simple Gooser terms. You said
    Quote:

I guess what I don't understand is how the words "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed "
    can be taken out of the context of being used ia a sentence with "A well regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free state" , and be given stand alone meanings to suit ones need in an argument .

The Bill of rights consider the states have individual rights. One of those rights is to have a well regulated militia. This militia consists of ordinary citizens to protect that FREE state from standing armies, or invasions. It most definatly didnt mean Police,, or Federal armies,, It meant STATE Militia, consisting of ordinary citizens.

The constitution GUARANTEES the right for Ordinary citizens to keep and bear arms, so as the state to have the ability to have that armed militia of ordinary citizenry for protection.... against standing armies,, and oppresive invasion.

The congress (government) has no authority to infringe upon that right .. (to keep and bear arms)
    It is a very good form of preparedness..
    Thats kinda it in a nutshell..

If you dont undersand it,, Educate yourself... Dont spew personal agenda interpretation to it..
    If you dont like it,,, Follow law,, and write an ammendment to it... Or vote for people who try and circumvent it.....

As I have said earler in the thread,, many of these state gun controll laws have gone befor the supreme court,, and have been deemd unconstitutional..

The Chicago case was one of them Those people lived under oppresive gun legislation that severly inhibited that states right to form its OWN militia in case of emergency,,,, per the constitution.. It also inhibited the popluaces right to defend its own personal life and property..

So you think you know the second ammendment? Not! what you have just wrote is pure and utter nonsence

I think Californias Gun laws are much the same..

Gooser
    When I said "What I don't understand" I was being factitious, I know the 2ND as well as most

The constitution does not do any such thing as guarantee us the unfettered right to bear arms, according to the Supreme Court, and the lower courts as well, the amendment conferred on state militias a right to bear arms—but did not give individuals a right to own or carry a weapon.
    It was not until the ...."District of Columbia v. Heller, decided in 2008, that the Supreme Court embraced the individual-rights view of the Second Amendment.........
    Justice Antonin Scalia, was the author of the opinion, but it required him to craft a thoroughly political compromise.

In the eighteenth century, militias were proto-military operations, and their members had to obtain the best military hardware of the day. But Scalia could not create, in the twenty-first century, an individual right to contemporary military weapons—like tanks and Stinger missiles. In light of this, Scalia conjured a rule that said D.C. could not ban handguns because “handguns are the most popular weapon chosen by Americans for self-defense in the home, and a complete prohibition of their use is invalid.”

So the government cannot ban handguns, but it can ban other weapons—like, say, an assault rifle—or so it appears. The full meaning of the court’s Heller opinion is still up for grabs"..........
    .http://www.newyorker.com/online/blog...amendment.html

Until lately I thought that bumpkin persona of yours was just an act

john
    Last edited by john fallon; 12-23-2012 at 05:06 PM.
    "i guess the old saying 'those of us that think we know everything annoy those of you that does' " --bobbyb 9/13/06

"A Good Dog is a Good Dog"

Quote Originally Posted by john fallon View Post
    Until lately I thought that bumpkin persona of yours was just an act

john
    It is NOT!!! And I am Proud of it...

Gooser
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    Throughout all of this you have been attempting to classify a break in to a household member gaining access to items in the house. That is just stupid. If a person lives in the house they can spend many hours trying to get a combination to access something while the general thief never has that time.
    On the contrary, throughout all of this I have advocated the responsible gun ownership asked for by the OP in the first post of this thread. My comments on the 2ND and what it guarantees in the way of gun ownership was just to dispel some of the more prevalent myths.

john
    "i guess the old saying 'those of us that think we know everything annoy those of you that does' " --bobbyb 9/13/06

It is NOT!!! And I am Proud of it...

Gooser
    Well try to work through it if you attempt to rebut the facts in post #61.

john

john

Fallon..

You have been a memeber of this board for quite sometime,, and your M.O. is to degrade and argue everthing..

You are dried up old hash..

I for one wish you would just go away...

I look forward to the day that I can shake the hands of many here.. You sir,, are not one of them..

I guess you will just have to agree to dis agree with this Country Bumpkin..... No sweat off my balls..

Gooser
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.

john
    http://www.newyorker.com/online/blog...amendment.html

Lefty Bias,, Just search past articles... No different than listening to Fox news Huh??

Gooser

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blog...amendment.html

Lefty Bias,, Just search past articles... No different than listening to Fox news Huh??

Gooser
    That's your idea of a rebuttal ?

john

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    Since I'm legally posted " no trespassing" the second one inch of their body was on my property before being anywhere near the house they have in fact committed a crime.
    Might want to double check that. Until asked to leave, it is not trespass in our state, posted or not. Until asked to leave and they do not comply. Otherwise a UPS man could be considered trespassing.
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

Quote Originally Posted by Golddogs View Post
    Might want to double check that. Until asked to leave, it is not trespass in our state, posted or not. Until asked to leave and they do not comply. Otherwise a UPS man could be considered trespassing.
    In my state, it depends on where they are and if it's daylight or at night. They come into my house uninvited day or night, I can do whatever I want to them. Might be sued, but that's another discussion.

At night, they don't even have to come into my house if I can prove certain things.
    "Force fetch isn't about retrieving as much as it is conditioning a dog to handle pressure, in a very controlled environment. It's about putting a dog in the position of having to figure out how to turn off pressure by finding the correct response. This translates into numerous areas in training." Sharon Potter.