The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Public Service Message

Quote Originally Posted by MooseGooser View Post
    Fallon..

You have been a memeber of this board for quite sometime,, and your M.O. is to degrade and argue everthing..

You are dried up old hash..

I for one wish you would just go away...

I look forward to the day that I can shake the hands of many here.. You sir,, are not one of them..

I guess you will just have to agree to dis agree with this Country Bumpkin..... No sweat off my balls..

Gooser
    Gooser- You Rock...........
    HOME OF:
    Waterspook Sables Dark Secret, MH (Sable)
    Trumarcs Bankshot Bandit, MH ( Fats)
    Waterspook Tomfoolery, SH ( Tommie)
    IN MEMORY OF::
    Waterspook Bankshot Whiz Bang,JH (Jesse)
    Waterspooks Girl Named Bill, SH ( Billie- my princess.....)
    Waterspook Kickin' Gunshot, SH ( Boom)
    Waterspook Kickin' Good Time MH(Kick)
    Waterspooks Partner In Crime, SH ( Bouncer)
    Brush Creek Waterspook, JH, WC- my first girl.(Spooky)

Goose ,very good post ,but I do like the fact that the "others" post their side so we can keep an eye on what they are really thinking. "Law suit to any man that has a dime to take."

Thanks for the heads up John, from your previous post on this thread I can clearly see you are one of the one's that have aided in putting this country on its knee's as a sue happy crowd that thinks any high dollar lawyer is far above the "common sense " of many and will find a bullsh*t law to sue a common man for their mis-fortune.
    Shawn White

HR Big Creek Retrievers Independence Day JH QAA "Indy "

Another good post. Thanks Shawn!
    Lawyers wil put an end to this country as we know it.
    "Force fetch isn't about retrieving as much as it is conditioning a dog to handle pressure, in a very controlled environment. It's about putting a dog in the position of having to figure out how to turn off pressure by finding the correct response. This translates into numerous areas in training." Sharon Potter.

Ditto on Gooser rocks and great post by Shawn!
    George Billings
    And Scout
    Aurora CO
    In Memory
    "Tess" Amigold Duckus Takem - Miss her greatly

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn White View Post
    Goose ,very good post ,but I do like the fact that the "others" post their side so we can keep an eye on what they are really thinking. "Law suit to any man that has a dime to take."

Thanks for the heads up John, from your previous post on this thread I can clearly see you are one of the one's that have aided in putting this country on its knee's as a sue happy crowd that thinks any high dollar lawyer is far above the "common sense " of many and will find a bullsh*t law to sue a common man for their mis-fortune.
    You don't know the half of it . I have taken a case all the way to the Pa Supreme Court to prevail . See Coatesville Contractors and Engineers v Borough of Ridley Park http://www.leagle.com/xmlResult.aspx...WAR2-1986-2006

So I repeat; I want US to be allowed to have any and all of the guns of Our choosing that WE want, but if YOU do not act responsibly their care and coustody,and one of them is used against me or mine EVEN by someone other than yourself, expect to have to defend your inactions in a civil action brought aginst YOU by ME.

As for Goosers handshake post, Im crushed.......

john
    Last edited by john fallon; 12-24-2012 at 06:54 AM.
    "i guess the old saying 'those of us that think we know everything annoy those of you that does' " --bobbyb 9/13/06

"A Good Dog is a Good Dog"

So this question begs too be asked. If your underage son or daughter steals your gun,car, what have you and commits a crime should you also be held accountable for his or her actions?

Quote Originally Posted by Golddogs View Post
    Might want to double check that. Until asked to leave, it is not trespass in our state, posted or not. Until asked to leave and they do not comply. Otherwise a UPS man could be considered trespassing.
    Not mine nor the last state I lived in. The UPS guy does not count if he is delivering a package I ordered. BY ordering a package to be delivered by UPS (or whatever) I have allowed the deliver to my property.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Quote Originally Posted by FinnLandR View Post
    For a minute I thought you were claiming you were the attorney who won the case. After reading the opinion, I see you were merely the engineer who failed to do a thorough evaluation of the jobsite, under-bid, then made the argument that it was the other guy's fault for letting the "meadow" fill with water.

Let's be clear, the attorney prevailed, you were along for the ride.
    The "other guy" had the "care and custody" of the water and so stated in the advertisement for bids...... the court upheld my argument that it was his fault. BTW it was a huge lake.

Lets be clear I do not want to take another ride, but I will, if you or any one else shirks the responsibility of gun ownership and their errant gun is used by another against me or mine.

john
    Last edited by john fallon; 12-24-2012 at 10:20 AM.
    "i guess the old saying 'those of us that think we know everything annoy those of you that does' " --bobbyb 9/13/06

Quote Originally Posted by john fallon View Post
    The "other guy" had the "care and custody" of the water and so stated in the advertisement for bids...... the court upheld my argument that it was his fault. BTW it was a huge lake.

Lets be clear I do not want to take another ride, but I will, if you or any one else shirks the responsibility of gun ownership and their errant gun is used by another against me or mine.

john
    Having John take a contrary, controversial position, and articulately argue it relentlessly doesn't surprise me. My only issue with John after reading this thread is that I believe his definition of what's rsponsible and what isn't is pretty liberal. I have no idea about what would be considered a reasonable standard for care and custody of a firearm in PA, who know's, John position could well prevail in a PA court, I have no idea. I know he wouldn't stand a chance in a Montana court, our gun culture here is very prevalent and just a part of being a Montanan.

I remember going to a dinner with four of my wife's fellow workers and their spouces shortly after we moved here. Now I grew up with guns and hunting even though we lived in suburban LA. When I married and moved to Montana I had a .22 rifle, two shotguns, a .270 and .308 bolt action rifles. Cheryl thought that me owning five guns was a bit excessive, and wondered why I "had to have" another "elk" rifle. So I brought the subject up as a part of of dinner conversation. I expressed my desire for an elk rifle and asked the table how many guns they each had. To my wife's surprise the person with the fewest firearms was a kind of liberal, grown up hippy guy, he only had fifteen. When President Nixon dedicated Libby dam back in the seventies, the secret service came out prior to the dedication to map out risks and such, they were flabergasted and frustrated to find 90% of the pick ups had a rifle or two clearly visible in a gun rack in the back window. It was only a few years ago that many pick-ups parked in the high school parking lot had a deer rifle visible in the back window. Now there are rules against taking a gun to school, but those kids still hunt before or after school and our schools close for a week during deer season so the family can get together and hunt.

So John or anybody can sue anyone for anything but I'm pretty confident any lawyer worth his or her salt were recognize such a suit would be a loosing cause in Montana and decline John's wishes to pursue it, unless of course they were just looking for attention and publicity.

Quote Originally Posted by John Robinson View Post
    Having John take a contrary, controversial position, and articulately argue it relentlessly doesn't surprise me. My only issue with John after reading this thread is that I believe his definition of what's rsponsible and what isn't is pretty liberal. I have no idea about what would be considered a reasonable standard for care and custody of a firearm in PA, who know's, John position could well prevail in a PA court, I have no idea. I know he wouldn't stand a chance in a Montana court, our gun culture here is very prevalent and just a part of being a Montanan.

I remember going to a dinner with four of my wife's fellow workers and their spouces shortly after we moved here. Now I grew up with guns and hunting even though we lived in suburban LA. When I married and moved to Montana I had a .22 rifle, two shotguns, a .270 and .308 bolt action rifles. Cheryl thought that me owning five guns was a bit excessive, and wondered why I "had to have" another "elk" rifle. So I brought the subject up as a part of of dinner conversation. I expressed my desire for an elk rifle and asked the table how many guns they each had. To my wife's surprise the person with the fewest firearms was a kind of liberal, grown up hippy guy, he only had fifteen. When President Nixon dedicated Libby dam back in the seventies, the secret service came out prior to the dedication to map out risks and such, they were flabergasted and frustrated to find 90% of the pick ups had a rifle or two clearly visible in a gun rack in the back window. It was only a few years ago that many pick-ups parked in the high school parking lot had a deer rifle visible in the back window. Now there are rules against taking a gun to school, but those kids still hunt before or after school and our schools close for a week during deer season so the family can get together and hunt.

So John or anybody can sue anyone for anything but I'm pretty confident any lawyer worth his or her salt were recognize such a suit would be a loosing cause in Montana and decline John's wishes to pursue it, unless of course they were just looking for attention and publicity.
    John, I find judging the "salt" of a lawyer by their reluctance to defend a politically unpopular position disturbing ........I am sure you did not mean to say that , but at first blush that is how your writing will be perceived

Additionally Your perception of the public sentiment of a yet to be determined percentage of the voters in the state of Montana not withstanding. Federal law preempts state law as does state law preempt local law, so like it or not, if certain state's gun laws fall too far outside the Federal mainstream, it will be the Federal government that will step in, as they have done in the past, and ultimately call the shots on guns.

Finally the reason I posted "my" law suit example was to show that public sentiment rarely comes into play after the case goes above the court of common pleas, and that a tenacious adversary will not stop until all avenues are exhausted .

john